How have I overlooked the CZ?

Howler

On 3/19/2018 at 10:32 AM, volbagman said:

I have a CZ Rami and carried it for about a year. Recently though my back has been hurting. Thought it might be the Rami. Carried it IWB 4 o'clock in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck. So I switched back to an old standby. S&W M&P 340 in a Mika pocket holster. Back feels way better. only 5 shots, but 357 mag. Probably not going to be in a gun fight anyway and I do keep a Glock 19 in my truck as well.

I hit the mid century mark shortly and over the last few weeks, I notice a slight ache when sporting my 75.

AIWB, ankle, or pocket my Kimber .380 with 6+1 and two itty bitty 7 round mags in a pocket is way more comfortable though less prepared for a down and dirty gun fight.

My fondness for CZs is pretty limited to their hammer fired handguns

On 3/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, Garufa said:

I think the Shadow 2 is too heavy.  It is over the 43 oz weight limit.  At least that's what the interwebz tells me.

Yes the Shadow 2 is too heavy for IDPA.  The limit is 43oz and the Shadow 2 weights 46.5oz.  To shoot in IDPA I would recommend the CZ Custom Shop CZ 75 SP01 Custom (SKU91030) which can be shot in Production and ESP Divisions.  You could also look at the CZ Custom Shop CZ 75 SP01 Accu Shadow (SKU91730) which can be used in ESP Division only.  Both guns can be used in USPSA Production.

Edited by The Legion
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Will Carry said:

I have an SP-01. It's too heavy for carry and really too heavy (IMHO) for a bedside pistol, even though it has night sites. As a range warrior it is fantastic. 

You could go with a Phantom that has a polymer frame if you wanted the same size but lighter.

Or you could go with the P-01 which is the compact version and aluminum frame.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I would be thrilled if I could actually find many CZ's in person. I've been trying to get my hands on a CZ P10c for months now. I don't understand why CZ hasn't bumped up production. The demand is there. 

Come on over to the west side of the state, all of the LGS around here have them in stock, usually around $469

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Right, I can find them online(and that's a good price!) but I want to physically hold one first. None of the local stores in Knoxville can seem to keep them in stock. 

Try SIA off Middlebrook, they normally seem to have a pretty good selection. 

If someone made me cull through the herd, the cz's would be the last semi autos to go.  I continue to increase my appreciation for hammer fired over striker in some situations. I have several including 75 stainless which I agree is mostly a range gun but sure as hell makes you look good at the range. I use p09 for a backup gun in a separate location of my house.  Lots of rounds at a backup location.  Probably the least ergonomic CZ, reminds me of an FN product.

Not withstanding the above, I like others would love to get a p10, that's on the list investigate...may replace my Walther PPQ if I can find the one I want. Again its about the unique feel of these handguns.

My favorite is this one with upgraded night sights.  I carry this especially on trips out of town. CZ ergonomics make me a better shooter.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-compact-black-alloy-9mm-14-rd-mags/

58 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Try SIA off Middlebrook, they normally seem to have a pretty good selection. 

I tried them a while back but I don't need an excuse to go there again. That place is great and the staff is friendly. I might run by there one day on my lunch break.