Nationwide school "walk out" for gun control laws

9 hours ago, n0rlf said:

For those that are saying they want no discussion, do you then think we have reached the point of no return? That the Soap and ballot box are no more and the only box left is what is needed? I would like to thinkk we are noot quite that far gone.

So we should practice fair and respectful discourse with others as we would have them do with us perhaps? If we close our minds and mouths and say nothing more than "No" we have lost. I think there is more we can do myself and will continue to fight for our rights with all I can. We may yet reach the point where the bullet box is needed but we are not there yet!

Soap box, ballot box, jury box and cartridge box.

The first two are pretty much co-opted, and 44 did a job on trying to overthrow the third one.

There is, I fear, a vast and common mistake being made.

The left doesn't hate guns.

The left hates Joe Average having guns.

Objectively, I understand this. It's far easier to grind a people into serfdom if they are weaponless, and the would-be rulers the only ones having the guns.

SWC

15 hours ago, Raoul said:

Thanks Dave. I was about to just sign off permanently until you posted. Everyone here was sounding like the teenagers. We have a problem. Surely we're intelligent enough to come up with a reasonable solution.

Alright, since you believe that having a discussion with them is going to somehow turn out in a solution that doesn't involve infringement on our constitutional rights, here is the mouth piece that the left has anointed to speak for the kids on this issue..

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/378307-florida-shooting-survivor-proposes-having-walkout-every-14th

Contact him to set up a meeting to "discuss" the issue, and then come back here to let all know how it turned out..

Meanwhile, I'll be looking for deals on more guns and ammo to stock up on..

Edited by Someotherguy
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
45 minutes ago, Someotherguy said:

Alright, since you believe that having a discussion with them is going to somehow turn out in a solution that doesn't involve infringement on our constitutional rights, here is the mouth piece that left has anointed to speak for the kids on this issue..

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/378307-florida-shooting-survivor-proposes-having-walkout-every-14th

Contact him to set up a meeting to "discuss" the issue, and then come back here to let all know how it turned out..

Meanwhile, I'll be looking for deals on more guns and ammo to stock up on..

You don't have to be a jackass.

6 minutes ago, Raoul said:

You don't have to be a jackass.

I didn't take the first shot here, you did..

I get sick and tired of people calling me, and the others in here childish because we see this issue as past the point of reasonable discussion..I, nor the others in here that see this as what it is are not acting like "teenagers"..We are simply reading the writing on the wall, which isn't in invisible ink, their stance on this is very clear..They aren't willing to discuss this in a reasonable manner anymore, and they aren't interested in hearing our solutions to the problem, they want the guns, period..

I took the red pill..

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Someotherguy said:

I didn't take the first shot here, you did..

I get sick and tired of people calling me, and the others in here childish because we see this issue as past the point of reasonable discussion..I, nor the others in here that see this as what it is are not acting like "teenagers"..We are simply reading the writing on the wall, which isn't in invisible ink, their stance on this is very clear..They aren't willing to discuss this in a reasonable manner anymore, and they aren't interested in hearing our solutions to the problem, they want the guns, period..

I took the red pill..

I think a lot of folks need the chill pill. From both sides. I understand both arguments but just disagree it has gotten so far as to say we will not have a discussion. Does that make anyone feel better or think they are at a higher level than the other side? Nope, hate to tell you this but it soiunds more like a childish reaction. 

We understand the frustration however if no discussion is allowed or partaken by you and you no longer want to participate then stand by to lose it all. I am not for anymore concessions either, period. However there is a lot we can offer. Greater minds than mine can state what they are. 

Personally I am OK with universal background checks in some manner. Anonymous, not registered, no serial number recorded, as well as a few other items. I am also understanding of the age discussion. Most kids today are not mature enough for most of life's issues more a less a firearm. However moving the age to 21 raises all kinds of areas of concern and it is an issue worthy of dfiscussion.

Oh well, maybe we are getting close to the line of no return faster than I was hoping. if that is the case I give it 2 years at most before the break up of what was once a great country. History repeating itself over again.

18 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

I think a lot of folks need the chill pill. From both sides. I understand both arguments but just disagree it has gotten so far as to say we will not have a discussion. Does that make anyone feel better or think they are at a higher level than the other side? Nope, hate to tell you this but it soiunds more like a childish reaction. 

We understand the frustration however if no discussion is allowed or partaken by you and you no longer want to participate then stand by to lose it all. I am not for anymore concessions either, period. However there is a lot we can offer. Greater minds than mine can state what they are. 

Personally I am OK with universal background checks in some manner. Anonymous, not registered, no serial number recorded, as well as a few other items. I am also understanding of the age discussion. Most kids today are not mature enough for most of life's issues more a less a firearm. However moving the age to 21 raises all kinds of areas of concern and it is an issue worthy of dfiscussion.

Oh well, maybe we are getting close to the line of no return faster than I was hoping. if that is the case I give it 2 years at most before the break up of what was once a great country. History repeating itself over again.

See that up there in bold^^, thats where this "discussion" stops for me...

That stuff isn't a solution to anything, It is plain and simply more government intrusion that restricts rights of people of millions of people that did nothing wrong..

The criminals, and the few nuts out there that have it in mind to carry out these shootings, aren't going to be stopped by your solution..The criminal mind doesn't care about laws, and the criminally insane is unable to understand them..

Edited by Someotherguy
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Someotherguy said:

See that up there in bold^^, thats where this "discussion" stops for me...

That stuff isn't a solution to anything, It is plain and simply more government intrusion that restricts rights of people of millions of people that did nothing wrong..

The criminals, and the few nuts out there that have it in mind to carry out these shootings, aren't going to be stopped by your solution..The criminal mind doesn't care about laws, and the criminally insane is unable to understand them..

See that up there ^^^^  that is why we are not making headway. I mentioned it but gave no specifics as a point. You would not even listen or attempt to understand what I was goin gto propose! If you have a closed mind then there is no way to reach you. That is the same thing you are accusiong the other side of. 

There can be universal BGCs that are in no way infringing your right other than 5 minutes to run it. It should be no cost and non intrusive. No details recorded on either party and just a receipt number given to prove a check was done only if successful. Now keep in mind that is the basic idea at a very low level. Now if you are not willing to discuss it that idea can never go anywhere. Hmmmm

OK so you do not want to discuss but they do. So, they get the ears of voters and we get mrore anti laws. Perhaps even trying to outright ban them all. Which is of course what they want but alas you chose to be unwilling to even discuss it. Therefore you hastened the very thing you hate.

Logic is escaping me how that makes sense i the bigger picture. Try to set aside the rhetoric and passion and look to the future. Discussion is needed on all topics but especially the hard ones.

• Authorized Vendor
12 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

See that up there ^^^^  that is why we are not making headway. I mentioned it but gave no specifics as a point. You would not even listen or attempt to understand what I was goin gto propose! If you have a closed mind then there is no way to reach you. That is the same thing you are accusiong the other side of. 

There can be universal BGCs that are in no way infringing your right other than 5 minutes to run it. It should be no cost and non intrusive. No details recorded on either party and just a receipt number given to prove a check was done only if successful. Now keep in mind that is the basic idea at a very low level. Now if you are not willing to discuss it that idea can never go anywhere. Hmmmm

OK so you do not want to discuss but they do. So, they get the ears of voters and we get mrore anti laws. Perhaps even trying to outright ban them all. Which is of course what they want but alas you chose to be unwilling to even discuss it. Therefore you hastened the very thing you hate.

Logic is escaping me how that makes sense i the bigger picture. Try to set aside the rhetoric and passion and look to the future. Discussion is needed on all topics but especially the hard ones.

The problem with discussion is you need opposing sides to sit down willing to negotiate with an open mind. Do you really believe the left wants to do that? Most people on the right do not. They have heard the same rhetoric from them for eons...we don't need them and shouldn't have them. What makes you believe this isn't the lefts end goal still?

I personally don't want to end up like jolly old England where it's almost criminal to own a butter knife and Australia where with few exceptions if you want to own much more than a musket (exaggerated) you are out of luck. Negotiating their rights away for nothing in return had made these once proud people a laughing stock in my mind.

1 hour ago, Grand Torino said:

The problem with discussion is you need opposing sides to sit down willing to negotiate with an open mind. Do you really believe the left wants to do that? Most people on the right do not. They have heard the same rhetoric from them for eons...we don't need them and shouldn't have them. What makes you believe this isn't the lefts end goal still?

I personally don't want to end up like jolly old England where it's almost criminal to own a butter knife and Australia where with few exceptions if you want to own much more than a musket (exaggerated) you are out of luck. Negotiating their rights away for nothing in return had made these once proud people a laughing stock in my mind.

Exactly. So if we are not open to discussing and they are not it is done just because we are hard headed and cannot move past the previous insulting rhetoric. 

Them we are truly past the breaking point. Very sad that neither side can grow up and get past pointing fingers and claiming it is so the other guys fault. 

Here is a novel idea, find someone else to discuss the topic other than the vapid brainwashed. 

36 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I want to have a conversation with this bright spot...  

Dumbass 3-15.jpg

She has no concept of irony does she? I guess they were going to cover Greek during that 17 minute walk-out.  μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé

7 minutes ago, Omega said:

She has no concept of irony does she? I guess they were going to cover Greek during that 17 minute walk-out.  μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé

Perfect prrof that the protesting kids are clueless and just following the Media and left wing anti gun agenda. So how do we get around it? Realize that they are kids and ignore them. They have no say yet. Very few of them are of voting age and even fewer of those mature enough for the privilege. 

We need to be having discussions with someone that will listen and discuss. The lawmakers! If they do not want to listen then we need to mount a campaign to unseat them! Seems like it is a simple process if not long and difficult to actually put into effect.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, n0rlf said:

Perfect prrof that the protesting kids are clueless and just following the Media and left wing anti gun agenda. So how do we get around it? Realize that they are kids and ignore them. They have no say yet. Very few of them are of voting age and even fewer of those mature enough for the privilege. 

Remember that, a week before the shooting, everyone was making fun of them for eating laundry detergent.  Now suddenly they are supposed to guide us in developing public policy? :)

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 3
  • Authorized Vendor
1 hour ago, n0rlf said:

We need to be having discussions with someone that will listen and discuss. The lawmakers! If they do not want to listen then we need to mount a campaign to unseat them! Seems like it is a simple process if not long and difficult to actually put into effect.

Let me know when you find that special someone.

• Moderators

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/parkland-teens-organization

This is presented in a “oh wow, look how much support these kids have gained in just a couple of weeks” but that’s not what’s actually going on. These kids are being used as the face of an AstroTurf Action. DWS was on ground and in contact with these kids the day after it happened and from there all sorts of major progressive groups and money have made everything happen. If you’ve wondered why it hasn’t fizzled, this is partly why. 

Here's my discussion. It is ILLEGAL to take a firearm into a school. It is ILLEGAL to shoot people. If you believe one more law will stop this crap from happening, you aren't in the realm of sanity. Punishing ME for a crime committed by a brat in Florida won't help. I do not shoot people. As long as I am right and you are wrong, I see no reason for me to compromise.

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/parkland-teens-organization

This is presented in a “oh wow, look how much support these kids have gained in just a couple of weeks” but that’s not what’s actually going on. These kids are being used as the face of an AstroTurf Action. DWS was on ground and in contact with these kids the day after it happened and from there all sorts of major progressive groups and money have made everything happen. If you’ve wondered why it hasn’t fizzled, this is partly why. 

Yep. Useful idiots

39 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Here's my discussion. It is ILLEGAL to take a firearm into a school. It is ILLEGAL to shoot people. If you believe one more law will stop this crap from happening, you aren't in the realm of sanity. Punishing ME for a crime committed by a brat in Florida won't help. I do not shoot people. As long as I am right and you are wrong, I see no reason for me to compromise.

Crabby sumbitch :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Again, I never said compromise or conceded did I? I said discuss.

I think basic comprehension for themis always tough so being able to tell them to go to hell and make them happy to be on the journey might work! Yeah I know look at the unicorn timmy!

32 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I am trending in that direction. I've noticed you aren't far behind me.:D

My wife and kids will tell you I am way past starting on that trip! However i like to think I can be realistic and crabby at the same time. 

Oh and by the way guys, I think what you are doinig here is "discussing".

Since we are "Discussing" Give us some ideas on what you would like. What would you consider as far as a universal BGC? Sales restrictions that are "Common Sense", Permits, safe storage? After all we want to be part of the soution not part of the problem after all. 

I am open to any ideas but prefer we give othing away as far as our rights go. I just happen to think there is a way to come up with something that both sides happy.

Edited by n0rlf