School Shootings

Ok I am going to start by saying any and all school shootings are  trageties and just should not be happening, but they are!! Each school shooting has it's own aftermath and story needs to be told and each one is unique in it's own way. Since Columbine in 1999 there have been 25 school shootings with multiple deaths, some more than others. My question to all of this is what makes this school shooting any more tragic than Schools in every other location? Why has there been no protests and walk outs by students of any of the other school shootings. Were they not as important as this one? Were the deaths of the students at other schools not as important as the ones in Parkland Florida? I would kind of like to hear from some of the students in schools in Texas or Idaho or Wisconsin why they feel different in this case? Lets see who is influencing the real actions of these young people to decide to do this?......................JMHO

Because it's come to a boiling point, that's why. But the issue is that our society has changed and people don't want to admit to it. They rather keep going down the same path and just ban some guns and accessories instead of actually dealing with the real issue, which is, why are so many kids depressed? I've yet to hear of a school shooter (or even any other mass shooter) that was described as "liked", "easy going", "joyful", etc. They are ALWAYS described as "loner" and "depressed". Our society is filling up with people who have no purpose in life and rather have other people share in their misery. Our society solution has been to medicate (look up how many mass shooters have been on anti-depressants) but that isn't working. So let's just take away this gun today...until another shooter uses small cap magazine and then we'll take that away and more away and more away until we basically have nothing. Or, these people just move to making bombs, cars, or using knives (which are surprisingly effective-see mass stabbings in China.)

It is a HEART issue, but our society does not want to admit it because that would actually take more effort to fix than just walking out of school in the middle of the day. I did see a post by some teachers today that would do far more than a single gun law. It said for students to go sit with the lonely, to try and make friends with them, and to love other students. Gee, what a novel idea!

Mostly because it's the latest one.  There's also been a little more attention paid to the kids who speak well during their 15 minutes of TV time.  Like the previous school shootings, eventually something else will come along to push the current hysteria onto the back pages, and the kids will  eventually move on to whatever the latest news is about some social media slut ...

This is certainly not going to help getting armed people in the schools :whistle:

A teacher at a California high school has been placed on administration leave after accidentally firing his gun in during a class and reportedly injuring three students.

Dennis Alexander, a teacher at Seaside High School and reserve officer with the Sand City Police Department, was teaching an “Administration of Justice” class Tuesday when he pointed his firearm at the ceiling during a lesson and accidentally shot it.

The police department, which did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment, told The Associated Press that Alexander had pointed his gun at the ceiling to make sure it was not loaded when the weapon discharged.

The Monterey Peninsula Unified School District told Fox News in a statement that an immediate investigation “determined that there was no immediate threat to students or staff,” however one student’s father told KSBW-TV that his son suffered moderate injuries.

Fermin Gonzales said his 17-year-old son was injured when bullet fragments lodged in his neck after ricocheting off the ceiling.

“It’s the craziest thing. It could have been very bad,” Gonzalez told the news station, adding his son is “shaken up” but is “going to be OK.”

“I'm just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it,” the father added.

Alexander was placed on administrative leave from both his teaching job and the police department, where KSBW reported he’s been a reserve police officer for 11 years.

The incident came the same day as a school resource officer at a Virginia middle school also accidentally fired his gun while children were attending classes.

Additionally, a county sheriff in Michigan apologized, also on Tuesday, for accidentally leaving his gun in the locker room bathroom of a middle school over the weekend.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/14/teacher-accidentally-fires-gun-in-class-students-injured.html

• Authorized Vendor
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Just being an armed citizen doesnt necessarily translate into being an asset in a school shooting situation. That's the ugly truth we gun owners refuse to recognize.

That is absolutely true. Just legally owning a weapon doesn't make you a savior. I firmly believe some people shouldn't be allowed within a country mile of a firearm. Have they done anything wrong? No. Did the harm or injure themselves or others? No....well not yet anyway.

But here is the conundrum .....Is denying 2nd Amendment rights to millions the answer? That argument makes no sense to me at all.

So what is your solution? Do you have a plan that might work? If you do please share it as I'm sure all of us would like to know.

Using kids as a veiled excuse to protest guns isn't the answer either...at least to me. Do they have the right to exercise 1st Amendment rights? Of course they do...people have died for that right.

In closing I just have to ask why kids people weren't shooting up schools back in the 60's, 70's or 80's? I remember a time when kids actually brought guns to school and they say out in the truck all day.

I have my own ideas why but I don't want to bore people with things like parenting, religion, respect and common decency among other things. 

It's easier to medicate them and give them a cell phone or laptop instead so people won't be bothered and interrupt their "me" time.

This country someday will be compared in history to the fall of Rome and with the leftist behavior and agenda that permeates all 27 genders here or whatever the current count is now I'm sure we are already free falling.

God help us all or for the none religious folks....best of luck.

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Just being an armed citizen doesnt necessarily translate into being an asset in a school shooting situation. That's the ugly truth we gun owners refuse to recognize.

...or an armed cop.  The majority of cops who show up at local IDPA or USPSA matches are embarrassingly incompetent.  The scary part is that they are the cops who are actually interested in guns.  

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Authorized Vendor
16 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I wish I knew the answer GT. My personal leaning is that a good and deadly flu pandemic might be the planet's answer. I often feel that there's just too many of us.

Well I ain't gettin' any younger so there will be one less conservative oldtimer to put up with. As far as the flu thing I was thinking asteroid impact or world wide blackout due to an EMP caused by a Coronal Mass Ejection. Same thing only different I suppose.

• Like 1