Interesting statistics about those who carry

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/07/12-3-americans-sometimes-carry-handguns-5-4-americans-carry-time-2-4-carry-time/

For those only interested in the money shot:

— 30% of American adults say that they own a gun

— 72% of the people who own a gun, say they own a handgun or a pistol

— 11% of handgun owners say that they carry all the time, 26% say they carry most or all the time, and 57 percent say that they carry at least some of the time.

Assuming 242.9 million adults, what does that imply?

— 2.4% say that they carry all the time — that translates into over 5.83 million people.

— 5.62% carry most or all the time — that translates into over 13.64 million people.

— 12.3% carry at least some time in the past — that translates into over 29.9 million people.

My employer prohibits me from carrying while on the job, because we sometimes go into schools and other area's that it is forbidden. However when I am performing in my sales or management role, and won't be going into one of those places, I do carry, concealed. Screw 'em. That's why they call it 'concealed carry'. Likewise, most of the time I leave the house (unless going to the kids' school for a ball game, etc.), I carry. I won't say 100%, but closer to 80-85% of the time (quick run to the corner store, I don't often bother).

- K

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I carry 100% of the time. I will remove it if I have to go to a school but other than that I’m strapped. In the house I’m never more than 10 ft from one pistol or another. No I’m not paranoid but if some come here to do me or my family harm I can get you I’m toning to do my best to put them down before they have a chance to harm my family. 

I work on base so unfortunately I can't carry most days since I am subject to search when I come through the gate.   The thing is most of the buildings have lock boxes for our cell phones because they're forbidden inside, I wish they would install some so we could put our guns in so we would not be unarmed to and from work. When I'm off, I carry, at home, I have a gun close enough to get to in a hurry, I don't know where that puts me, percentage wise but it is what it is.