Aero Survival Rifle in 10mm

Ronald_55

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sorting some brass today and ran across so 10mm brass during my sorting. I will probably be another 2 months getting all the brass sorted that I have. I'm not a reloader so have no clue which brass is something folks might want and which no one would want but I got it so I'm gonna see what all kinds I have. Right now I am mostly coming up with 45, 380, 9mm, 38 special and 40 cal. Ran across a few pieces in 45 long Colt and a few 44 Mag stuff.

I have the 9mm ASR and I like the rifle, but it continues to jam at least once per mag. Sent tech support an email a month ago and no response. Sent another today.

Mine will chamber, fire, extract, and then it fails to eject. TNW sent me a new style ejector and after installing it, there is no change. When it fails, the case is still in line with the chamber, just lying on top of the mag, with the next round trying to get by it into the chamber. It does this with both factory loads and my reloads(which shoot fine in my AR9 and all my 9mm pistols).

I hope the 10mm is doing better. I have heard other 9mm owners having the same problem.

3 hours ago, Westwindmike said:

I have the 9mm ASR and I like the rifle, but it continues to jam at least once per mag. Sent tech support an email a month ago and no response. Sent another today.

Mine will chamber, fire, extract, and then it fails to eject. TNW sent me a new style ejector and after installing it, there is no change. When it fails, the case is still in line with the chamber, just lying on top of the mag, with the next round trying to get by it into the chamber. It does this with both factory loads and my reloads(which shoot fine in my AR9 and all my 9mm pistols).

I hope the 10mm is doing better. I have heard other 9mm owners having the same problem.

Wished I had heard that before ordering the 9mm conversion kit

Well, I finally heard back from the factory. Somehow my email got over looked while the tech guy was on vacation. He sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label and told me to send it in and they would fix it. Slow shipping all the way to Oregon. Won't get there till next Wednesday. Don't know how long repairs will take. I was just glad to get free shipping and warranty service!

Will update this when it comes back.

w0i4h0.jpg

Edited by Westwindmike

I'm not an expert with these firearms, but the first thing I did when I received my 10mm was to tighten the bolts that attach the lower to the upper receiver.  The lower on mine was a little loose and "wiggled" just a bit when I took it out of the box.  I tightened the pins and haven't had a single malfunction.  I've only shot about 200 rounds through it but it has worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ASR back from TNW today. Shipped to them on 3-28, they got it 4-3, shipped back on 4-9. Not much detail in the paperwork they sent back. Said they replaced all the small parts in the rifle, test fired 30 rounds. No malfunctions.

I took it out to test fire it, and it still doesn't like my reloads, but ate the CCI FMJ 5 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger. Will give it a full workout at the range soon. The recoil spring feels new, as does the trigger assembly. Shipped it back in a well padded factory box.

And all at no charge for shipping or repair. Good warranty service!