Another school shooting

Just happened a couple of hours ago so not too many details.

The thing that caught my eye in the article was this:  The Associated Press reported one of the three people injured is the shooter. The shooter's identity was not immediately available. ABC 7 reported a school resource officer jumped into action to bring the situation to an end.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/shooting-at-great-mills-high-school-in-maryland-school-confirms.html

Edited by xsubsailor

10 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

Just happened a couple of hours ago so not too many details.

The thing that caught my eye in the article was this:  The Associated Press reported one of the three people injured is the shooter. The shooter's identity was not immediately available. ABC 7 reported a school resource officer jumped into action to bring the situation to an end.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/shooting-at-great-mills-high-school-in-maryland-school-confirms.html

And a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun, imagine that!! Sounds like they have a great Resource Officer at the school.......JMHO

• Like 2

It 's to be hoped that that will reinforce the idea of armed staff.

A thing that bothers me: I saw about this here

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-20/armed-resource-officer-stops-maryland-high-school-gunman

but the article mentions cowardnewsnetwork's being called by one of the kids in lockdown. I'd've thought that the kid would be calling the local cops, or his parents, not the 'news'. Maybe he thinks it'll make him the new Hogg at the trough, get him some of that 15 minutes.

• Moderators
Saw one kid directly called CNN from inside the school. He said he was "shaken up". Wanna bet he was on the total other end of the school? Looking for a bit of attention maybe?
I can guarantee I dont have any news agency phone number in my phone and if in an active shooting situation I am definitely not going to Google it.

My only concern about this event showing up on the media is so that folks can see what happens when the bad guys lose. And so they can see what goes on when the parties that are charged with making them lose aren't cowering and fouling themselves.

Any bets that Peterson is trying for a confidential name change?

SWC

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

Saw one kid directly called CNN from inside the school. He said he was "shaken up". Wanna bet he was on the total other end of the school? Looking for a bit of attention maybe?

NO doubt. Last place to call in an active shooter situation, is the news.  15 mins of fame.

Dumber than a sack of hammers!

Now it's about time to get the teachers packing. They could practice right in the school with paintball or the like. On live targets  and classroom discussion after the scenarios. Who wouldn't give up a couple of hours once every other week.

The officer did a great job. I don't want to take from hes thunder. But how far did he have to travel to get to the "shots fired". Many of us in practical pistol sports would be glad to help out where we could.

37 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

Now it's about time to get the teachers packing. They could practice right in the school with paintball or the like. On live targets  and classroom discussion after the scenarios. Who wouldn't give up a couple of hours once every other week.

The officer did a great job. I don't want to take from hes thunder. But how far did he have to travel to get to the "shots fired". Many of us in practical pistol sports would be glad to help out where we could.

I don't see were it makes much difference how far he had to go, he went toward the gun fire and did the job he is suppose to be there to do. I give him an A+ for a job well done!!

44 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

Teachers aren’t going to do that, nor are their unions, school boards, local guvments, parents, and taxpayers going to allow it.  

• Like 3
On 3/20/2018 at 7:43 PM, Garufa said:

Teachers aren’t going to do that, nor are their unions, school boards, local guvments, parents, and taxpayers going to allow it.  

You've made a very definite statement. I believe that most teachers have had enough. And they are wanting to step up to the plate and stop craziness. Has anybody noticed how little carjackings have been in the news since self locking doors and concealed carry?