THIS is what activism looks like. What is our side doing?

• Administrator

I originally posted this on the TGO FaceBook page yesterday.  Reader response there was good.

28947548_2081591905191845_82196708338192

Tennessee Gun Owners
Published by David Yancy19 hrs

This is what activism looks like, folks. If you want to know why the Anti Second Amendment voices seem to get more airtime lately, it's because they are generally louder than we are. They organize, they mobilize, and they get their asses out there and make noise.

Most people don't realize that there is essentially one guy behind TGO. Me. I built and maintain the forum, and I have a small group of volunteers who help moderate things. My resources are limited. Especially the resource of Time. I can only organize and mobilize so much. What are the rest of you doing?

This isn't an excuse or a pity party. It's a call to action. If you want to be heard... if you want to have parity with the side that's working hard to erode your liberties... then GET INVOLVED. Organize counter rallies! Organize demonstrations! Don't just sit on your rear and hope that someone else does it for you.

If you organize rallies that reflect well on our community, I'll make people aware of them here on this page and on the TGO forum. Just send me a direct message and tell me what it's about, when it is, what you want from attendees, etc. If it's not something that will make us look like a bunch of morons, you'll have my support.

We can either sit around sharing memes, bitching about the other side, or we can take a page from their tactics and actually do something.

Your move, Tennessee. What are you going to do with it?

• Like 3

I have said for years that the liberals are far better at organizing than we are. They are better at protesting and they ARE the ones winning this battle and will likely win the war that is destroying our country.

On 9/6/2013 at 11:15 AM, Dolomite_supafly said:

That is why the liberals have us beat and always will as long a we don't do the same. They get out and talk to people, they organize, they donate and they are very vocal. On the other hand Republicans sit in silence as their means of protest. I suggest we all take our angst and become more outspoken. Call your candidate and voice your support. Contact others and let them know who your support. Volunteer or donate to show your support. Heck, a few emails a day will go a long way. This will do more than sitting in silence waiting to vote for a candidate that has ZERO chance of winning against a candidate that is organized much better than we are. Sitting around doing nothing accomplishes nothing.  

We bitch, gripe and complain then sit home on election day in protest. Our protests are ALWAYS a silent protest. Very few conservatives are willing to stand up to those who want to do us harm. Call me crazy, laugh and snicker all you want but we WILL be disarmed in our lifetimes. Our children will be left defenseless to the abuses by those in power, the same ones who believe we should be killed, because we did nothing when the time to act was upon us. Our time for standing up to be heard has already passed. We have already lost this battle and will likely loose the war because of our inaction. 

Gun owners think donating $5 to the NRA as part of a "Money bomb" makes them an activist gun owner. They do it only to make themselves feel good and to absolve themselves of any guilt or responsibility for what IS coming. How many here have actually wrote or called their representatives? Very few because we would be hearing a lot more about how our representatives do not respond or want to hear from us. We send off emails in a flurry of emotion then sit idly by until something else affects us personally.

It is the lulls in between when we should have been most active. Yelling when it is quiet will get your message heard a lot better than yelling when everyone else is yelling.

I hear people say that they are OK with banning bump stocks. If you are one of these people please take your guns down and get that gift card because you are part of the problem. These are the gun owners who don't care for his fellow gun owners and will only voice their opinion to hurt the rights of other gun owners. 

We have people, lots of them, who believe members of the NRA have blood on their hands and that those members should be killed. Those same people are the ones organizing these events and they will be the ones in power one day. I read every single day that white people are the problem and that they should be killed. At what point are we willing to open our mouths and actually say something to save ourselves? Perhaps it is only when we are begging for our lives that we will say something.

It took Hitler less than a decade to forever change the face of history by killing millions. We, in our lifetimes, shall see ourselves disarmed and people will be left defenseless to act against those who want to do harm. And this is because we sit in silence when we want our voices to be heard.

• Like 8

What exactly are we going to do..?

Do we have the millions of dollars it took to plan, organize and mount a rally that even marginally compares to the show they put on this past wknd.?

Do we have the support and millions of dollars that was donated from dozens of Hollywood actors? Is delta airlines going to fly thousands of us to destinations for free? Is some NFL team going to going to let us use their private jet for free to fly us all over the US? Which organization/s are going to help us organize this, they had hundreds of WELL FUNDED antigun organizations all over the country that helped put these events together..Not to mention unlike them, we would have 0 positive media coverage..

Who do we have? The NRA :bowrofl: Are they going to dole out the millions and help us organize such an event? Don't hold your breath, because that is very doubtful..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the folks that are passionate about firearms are a very small minority in this country, and most do not have the time, or the money to organize such events.. Sure, there are plenty of so called "gun owners" in this country, but that majority are the "dads old .38 revolver in a shoe box buried somewhere in the closet", and grandads rusty old single shot shotgun stuck behind the bedroom door" types..And as long as these anti gun groups don't target them items, they are perfectly fine with your AR15 being banned..

I would love to see a huge grassroots movement to support the 2nd A happen, but the reality is the numbers don't line up with that pipe dream..

Edited by Someotherguy
  • Like 2

Any "pro gun rights" rally at this point, no matter how well intended and snowflake friendly, will come off as GUN TOTIN' WHITEY REDNECK KLAN RALLY and will be broadcast on local tv like throwing a steak to a starved lion in a cage. It's my own personal opinion that they have managed to take BLM, LGBTQ (sure I forgot a letter or 2) and a couple other groups and merge them into 1 rolling gauntlet of bleeding hearts fockers. Any resistance is viewed as anti gun, anti people of color, anti gay, anti ?? and there isn't a TV station out there that will do your rally justice.

Edited to answer the OP's questions. I will continue to do the only thing I feel makes the most impact for me as a citizen and voter and that is to keep pressure on those that are elected to represent me on both the local,state,and federal levels. I let them know that a bunch of kids, which is what we all know they are, are not only not old enough to vote yet but have been brainwashed by this feel good social media based society.

Edited by FUJIMO
To answer the OP
  • Like 5
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, TGO David said:

I originally posted this on the TGO FaceBook page yesterday.  Reader response there was good.

"What is" complaining about how Democrats want to take our guns?

I fear Dolomite is right. For a while I've hoped that perhaps the younger generation would be more pro-gun. My thoughts? I was leaning on the theory that perhaps FPS (first person shooter) games would create a generation of people interested in guns. To an extent, perhaps this has happened. At this point, I don't know.

Although every single example was tragic, this latest school shooting was not the "worst". Perhaps it is because Trump is in office that the opposition (in this case, that being anyone in favor of to any extent stricter gun laws) is simply louder. After Sandy Hook, I was very, very concerned about what Obama would do if he could. The result? Generally nothing. Trump, in my opinion, has already "accomplished" more "anti-gun" stuff than Obama did in eight years. He claimed to be our ally, and perhaps on paper he was better than Clinton, but I never trusted his 2nd Amendment rhetoric. But I think at least with Clinton we would have seen more Republicans opposing restrictions rather than suggestion them.

Wow. Sandy Hook was nearly six years ago. What has changed since then? I don't remember a voice so strong, unified, active as it is now. Someone realized that enabling and allowing/using the younger generation could be very effective. It's working from what I can tell. However, don't believe for a second that there isn't a sector of the younger generation that is a counter to gun restrictions. The sad truth though is that their viewpoint isn't being promoted and their agendas are not being financed.

Who else finds it ironic that the Justice Department proposed rule changes the day before the "Money Bomb" to the NRA? I suggested in this post that the scheduling for the money bomb may be too far out, if you even assumed it would be helpful at all.

I don't know the exact percentage of gun owners in the United States relative to the population. I'd be curious to see the statistics of "Pro-Gun" people that don't take the time to vote. I think those numbers alone would be eye opening. This entire struggle could be much easier if people took 5% of the time they spend complaining about things and use that 5% to vote, write letters/emails, participate, etc. I'm not just talking about main elections either, but rather primaries even. If you think our only options were Trump or Hillary, somehow you've missed the way the system works, period.

I am 100% sick of people, reporters, anyone else referring to our country as a "Democracy". It was and is not. Some would love to see it that way but it is not. We have a Representative Republic. One of the benefits of having what we have is the the rights of minorities can also be taken into account. It is terrifying to me to fantasize about where we would be if we were a true democracy. I guarantee that between women's suffrage, civil rights, etc; Most of that would have never came to pass if left up to the popular vote. All of this is relevant because if not already, it is likely that true gun owners are becoming the minority.

I'm to the point that if enough of the country desires disarmament of the general population, fine lets do it. But we have that pesky thing called the 2nd Amendment. Don't infringe it. Amend the Constitution. I am as pro-gun as they come, period, no questions asked. But if our country, through culture wars, progressive thinking, "progress", etc has reached the point that the 2nd Amendment is no longer valued/cherished, then lets take the "correct" course of action and amend the Constitution instead of just ignoring it.

Personally, I do not understand how the Justice Department can force a "rule change" regarding bump stocks. In my opinion, the first person that ever gets arrested for possessing one that is charged for an unregistered machine gun should be able to hire the best lawyer in the country and win. The definition of a machine gun is clear; a bump stock does not fit that definition. And to anyone that is "ok" with bump stocks disappearing because you don't want one, don't you at least think it is terrifying precedent to allow the Executive branch to deem things Kosher or not Kosher? Perhaps it's wasting my time, but if the bump stock banning actually takes place, I'm tightly crossing my fingers that it gets struck down by the courts.

One last thing: The NRA called over the weekend asking for money to fight the "anti-gunners". I had been hoping for this call for months now. Sadly, the call dropped as I didn't have a strong cellular connection. I was very let down over this. I was so pleased with the thought of telling the NRA representative that they themselves were too anti-gun for me and I currently do not feel right donating to their organization and instead would be supporting the GOA. On second thought, I think I'll call (perhaps multiple times), noting that I'd like to speak to someone about becoming a life-member and then venting to that person about how dissatisfied I am with their handling of current events. Waste their time, let them see that some people are paying attention to them, maybe some of the pressure would makes its way up the ranks.

///

Side Rant:

1) NRA suggests that the ATF review Bump-Stocks

2) Justice Department considers and proposes to ban Bump-Stocks

3) NRA calls and asks for money to combat the "anti-gunners"

4) People send money on 3/24 to the NRA

1322.gif

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 3

I agree that all 2nd Amendment gun owning people need to begin to have a lot more voice in what is going on right now. I beieve we should have began back years ago building a coalition for events just like these. For all to many years we fed funds to the NRA because they were the mouth piece for the gun owners and for years they were there to fight the 2nd Amendment fights in the courts. It appears that the NRA of today is not the NRA of 20 years ago. Yesterday it was mentioned that there are other groups out there that are also 2nd Amendment supporters that might need to be approached and have a talk with and learn what their goals are.

I also realize that the time to be fighting and discussing the 2nd Amendment rights and gun rights of gun owners is not the day after a madman has just shot up a school, a church, a theater or a mall. That is when the anti-gun anti 2nd Amendment people have their time. That is when the left main stream media is giving it's full support behind all of the anti - groups and probably rightly so because in most cases many people have lost their lives or have been wounded and family members are suffering.

We need to pick and choose our time carefully as to when were are going to put on our displays of Pro-2nd Amendment gun owner rights. Thing right now is just about the time gets close to right for us another maniac goes on a shooting spree and the anti-movement is given more ammuntition for their protests.

My question now is if we get an opening with no crazies doing anything stupid what would be a positive first move we need to make to get our side started? I know voting is one but elections don't come often enough and we need something we can keep working on everyday in some form. I have been writing all my elected officials but they are droping like flies and changing jobs so keeping up with them has become an issue. I wrote the NRA yesterday but I would also like to see more links to other organizations to look at and research and possibly join and send them my support it would be appreciated.

Here is a novel thought. Don't hold gun rally. hold a school safety rally! Where is said the the two are synonomous? It is my opinion that school safety is far more than the gun piece. It is rather about bullying, mental health, social media, virtue signalling, brainwashing, overreaching, and a few other items. Creating yet one more law that a criminal just walks right around is not an answer. 

So take the que from the anti's, ask for what they are asking for, Safety in schools! Just do it without the anti gun slant. Point out the root causes, get a good solution and make the liberal left explain why they do not want to get on board with a real solution rather they want to be part of the ongoing problem. Point out they are neing led with someone else's agenda!

Or just keep doing what you are doing and stick your damn head in the sand. Rely on "Well it is the constitution!" and see how many more rights are gone by the time we all come up for a breath!

• Moderators

Another thing that is extremely underrated is simply education. For example, I've noticed that a lot of neutral people lean anti-gun simply because their entire knowledge base regarding firearms has came from Hollywood. I little education and demonstration and sometimes these neutral people actually turn out to at least be somewhat pro-gun. That's a step in the right direction.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Another thing that is extremely underrated is simply education. For example, I've noticed that a lot of neutral people lean anti-gun simply because their entire knowledge base regarding firearms has came from Hollywood. I little education and demonstration and sometimes these neutral people actually turn out to at least be somewhat pro-gun. That's a step in the right direction.

That's exactly right. I've taken numerous friends shooting over the years that were young democrats. All loved it.

I'm seeing some of the more prominent youtube gun guys posting memes making fun of the parkland kids. How is that going to help win over anyone that's not already on our side? I'm honestly ashamed to be associated with that. We need to be the voice of reason, even when it seems the other side isn't willing to listen. 

I've said it before but it's worth repeating. Only a small portion of the country is extremely anti-gun. We represent another small portion. Most Americans fall somewhere in the middle and could easily find themselves agreeing with us if we present our argument in a mature and logical way. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators
That's exactly right. I've taken numerous friends shooting over the years that were young democrats. All loved it. I'm seeing some of the more prominent youtube gun guys posting memes making fun of the parkland kids. How is that going to help win over anyone that's not already on our side? I'm honestly ashamed to be associated with that. We need to be the voice of reason, even when it seems the other side isn't willing to listen. 

I've said it before but it's worth repeating. Only a small portion of the country is extremely anti-gun. We represent another small portion. Most Americans fall somewhere in the middle and could easily find themselves agreeing with us if we present our argument in a mature and logical way. 

Yep. And admit it or not, those kids went through a more traumatic experience than most of us here at TGO ever have. Grab a group of them who or either anti-gun or undecided and give them travel, room, and food, and that is exactly how you get to where we are right now. Making fun of them isn’t going to help anything. That will only help convince others that the extreme pro-gun side is the wrong, uncaring, heartless side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Making fun of them isn’t going to help anything. That will only help convince others that the extreme pro-gun side is the wrong, uncaring, heartless side.

Exactly right.  Ridicule doesn't educate people or persuade them to reconsider their views.  Education is the key element there.

While we're on it, take a look at this article, published by The New Yorker, a publication dearly beloved on the left:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/26/the-gun-owners-of-the-parkland-generation

And note especially this quote:

"Millennials’ attitudes about guns cut along seemingly opposing lines: most support fewer restrictions on which weapons can be bought but tighter regulations on who can buy them."

This is pretty close to what most of us have been saying for years -- fix the NICS system but don't impose new restrictions on what can be legally owned.

Clearly some of these young protesters, including probably all of the most prominent ones, are now paid employees of leftist authoritarian organizations and will not be dissuaded by facts or the truth.  But I suspect many could be educated if they were approached in reasoning and respectful way.  Circulating fake photos of them tearing up the Constitution, and making fun of them for eating laundry detergent, won't be helpful.

• Moderators
Exactly right.  Ridicule doesn't educate people or persuade them to reconsider their views.  Education is the key element there.
While we're on it, take a look at this article, published by The New Yorker, a publication dearly beloved on the left:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/26/the-gun-owners-of-the-parkland-generation
And note especially this quote:
"Millennials’ attitudes about guns cut along seemingly opposing lines: most support fewer restrictions on which weapons can be bought but tighter regulations on who can buy them."
This is pretty close to what most of us have been saying for years -- fix the NICS system but don't impose new restrictions on what can be legally owned.
Clearly some of these young protesters, including probably all of the most prominent ones, are now paid employees of leftist authoritarian organizations and will not be dissuaded by facts or the truth.  But I suspect many could be educated if they were approached in reasoning and respectful way.  Circulating fake photos of them tearing up the Constitution, and making fun of them for eating laundry detergent, won't be helpful.

See, this is a point that I find myself disagreeing with even most gun owners with. In my opinion the background check system itself is an infringement. Clearly, as seen over the past few tragedies, these shooters passed background checks. Now, perhaps the last one shouldn’t have but he did. The shooters in San Bernardino basically arranges straw purchases for them since they failed the background checks.

However, purely my opinion, but if someone is an American citizen and not incarcerated, I think that person should be able to purchase, own, and possess a firearm. It has been argued that violent people should not be allowed to own a firearm, my refutation to that is if a person has shown repeatedly to be violent towards others unnecessarily, then perhaps that person should not be free in the streets but rather in prison. Assuming that a violent con will not/can not gain access to a firearm, they will just resort to using other dangerous weapons or tools.

• Like 2

Well, the background system is flawed due to lack of timely reporting, & acting on red flags when they do appear, as the FBI failed to do. Now did you see anyone marching on the FBI's doorstep this weekend? NO. They want to blame the GUN. Until the people/organizations

responsible for dropping the ball are held accountable, it's not going to change.

Is Congress grilling the FBI, nope, they're grilling Facebook over a lack of security ( which evidently is more important than peoples lives).

Edited by Grunt67
12 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

See, this is a point that I find myself disagreeing with even most gun owners with. In my opinion the background check system itself is an infringement. Clearly, as seen over the past few tragedies, these shooters passed background checks. Now, perhaps the last one shouldn’t have but he did. The shooters in San Bernardino basically arranges straw purchases for them since they failed the background checks.

However, purely my opinion, but if someone is an American citizen and not incarcerated, I think that person should be able to purchase, own, and possess a firearm. It has been argued that violent people should not be allowed to own a firearm, my refutation to that is if a person has shown repeatedly to be violent towards others unnecessarily, then perhaps that person should not be free in the streets but rather in prison. Assuming that a violent con will not/can not gain access to a firearm, they will just resort to using other dangerous weapons or tools.

Agreed, I was reading this story out of knoxville this morning thinking the exact same thing..Why is this person even out on the streets..?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2018/03/25/knox-county-man-accused-kidnapping-raping-woman/457067002/

This part of the story just absolutely infuriates me..:wall:

Copley's criminal history spans Knox County, Anderson County and Detroit, Michigan, and includes charges of aggravated assault, kidnapping, DUI and arson, according to the release.

What is the point of having laws/punishments for these types of criminals if they are going to be just let back out on the street in a few years..This person should not have ever been a free man again with a rap sheet like that..

Edited by Someotherguy
3 hours ago, CZ9MM said:

Personally, I do not understand how the Justice Department can force a "rule change" regarding bump stocks.

Read up on the BATF rule change process.  There is literally nothing John Q Public can do about it.

https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/106533-bump-stocks/?tab=comments#comment-1483249

3 hours ago, CZ9MM said:

The definition of a machine gun is clear; a bump stock does not fit that definition.

It will when they change the definition. See above. The only thing I see as lawsuit worthy is the loss of personal property value.  The government may end up coughing up a couple hundred bucks each as a tax on itself for changing its mind.  

Education is the key.  As mentioned, the other side is consistently yelling a lot louder than we are.  In the absence of true leadership, the people will follow whomever steps up to the microphone.  

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

However, purely my opinion, but if someone is an American citizen and not incarcerated, I think that person should be able to purchase, own, and possess a firearm. It has been argued that violent people should not be allowed to own a firearm, my refutation to that is if a person has shown repeatedly to be violent towards others unnecessarily, then perhaps that person should not be free in the streets but rather in prison.

I understand where you're coming from on this.  The main problem with your proposal, as I see it, is that it would completely eliminate the possibility for probation or parole.  Everyone would either be totally free or in prison.  Certainly there have been abuses of both probation and parole, but I don't see that as a convincing argument that that prison should be the only possible punishment available even for minor offenses.  

Edited by Whisper
  • Authorized Vendor
2 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I like it...If it actually happens I'll go.

On a side note I'd like to know what the left does for a living. They have left wing zealots to fund these events and ever sometimes pay people to attend. Most pro gun people actually work for a living and weekday events may be tough to attend.

Do leftists not work or if they do do they just say the hell with it? And then if the employer says something are they called racist or baby killers? I'm serious...I'd like to know.

David is or course right. Standing by and complaining does nothing. I guess the right needs more "community organizers". There must be a class in college for this right?

Something needs to happen because there is no discussing things with a turnip. Others said we may end up stripped of our Second Amendment rights down the road but one thing is for sure. It ain't gonna be pretty.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
On a side note I'd like to know what the left does for a living. They have left wing zealots to fund these events and ever sometimes pay people to attend. Most pro gun people actually work for a living and weekday events may be tough to attend.
Do leftists not work or if they do do they just say the hell with it? And then if the employer says something are they called racist or baby killers? I'm serious...I'd like to know.
David is or course right. Standing by and complaining does nothing. I guess the right needs more "community organizers". There must be a class in college for this right?
Something needs to happen because there is no discussing things with a turnip. Others said we may end up stripped of our Second Amendment rights down the road but one thing is for sure. It ain't gonna be pretty.
I 100% agree, it will not be pretty.
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

GT, it's a well know fact, that some of these are paid & have said so. I call them "serial protesters" , as they go from cause to cause. They help to stir the pot for others.

This pic that Mac posted in the "Money Bomb" thread got my attention.

They are organized. They have funding. They have the main stream media. All good points already brought up in this thread.

I vote. I write (e-mail). I belong to pro-gun organizations.

I introduce new folks to firearms and it's always been a positive experience for both them and me.

But as Dolo so well said, we better come together on this because we have everything to lose.

Mac post TGO.jpg

To those worried about being called names by a bunch of kids. I would rather be called a racist, gun toting, religious nut than a subject by our government master.

Seems to me we have a lot of people who are in violation of federal law. Tell me how this would not apply.

18 U.S. Code § 241 - Conspiracy against rights

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

I have read a bunch of accounts of Trump supporters, gun rights advocates as well as religious people being threatened, intimidated as well as injured by those wishing to silence their 1st amendment right to free speech. Why are those who are committing these crimes not being arrested?

2nd Amendment rallies do not happen very often so no one is going to convince me they cannot take a day off once a month  to attend. It isn't about loss of work because I know a lot of people who take a few days off a month to go fishing, hunting or some other hobby. Most working people can afford to attend a monthly event to save their gun rights, most just don't want to because they would rather sit at home in silent protest. And if you are worried about loosing your job because you took a day off I can promise you that if a civil war does kick off, because we can't come together now, not a single one of us will have a job. The banks will not suspend your house payment because a civil war took away your job.

It is far easier to make a few phone calls, send a few emails as well as show up to an event or two than it is to survive a civil war. We have ~3 days of food and gas supplies in any given area. If we fall into civil war those supply lines will be cut off almost immediately. Electricity will be gone overnight. And when all that happens millions, according to government studies, will die from starvation. It will affect every single one of us. People of this country are not kind or compassionate any more, there has been a shift in people's thinking and what will happen when LE is no longer patrolling the streets to keep them in check? People no longer value life or property and believe if they CAN take it it they have the right to. 

We have people who are seemingly aching for a revolution or civil war and it is obvious they have never been to an area of conflict. They have probably never wondered if today is their last or watch a close friend give their final breath for our country. Had they been they would be using every single tool available to prevent the very thing they seem to long for. There is nothing romantic or heroic about dragging our country into a war with itself. They long for a time when they can kill a fellow American under the guise of patriotism but there is nothing less patriotic than killing your fellow countrymen when all other avenues of change have not been exhausted.

We are foolish to think a civil war will be easy. It wasn't easy 150 years ago and it will be even worse today. If you want to see what a modern civil war looks like go look at Argentina to see what civil war looks like. Go look at how people are now living in Syria, Ukraine or any other country that has a war waging in their streets. We will not be immune to the same conditions and because we are more modernized than any of those we will fair far worse. We will be a third world country inside of 6 months if we fall into a civil war.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 2

All deadly accurate. Being so tech interlinked, we forget supplies as part of that link.

So very dreadful, though, that the right we rely on to defend all the others comes under attack from behind the faces of children. In any more sensible time the general call would be to reinforce, not disarm.

With Easter, I shall again have an address, and three or four days after that, a vehicle. IF TGO is going to organize some manner of event, the city of Winchester and the county of Franklin will have at least the one member able to attend it.

As usual with the media, things aren't as we are lead to believe.  Although the crowd was large, it was not as big as was initially reported.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/25/turnout-for-d-c-student-gun-protest-march-is-far-lower-than-originally-reported

This was a well organized, well funded propaganda machine funded by the usual left wing extremists.  George Soros and his well-funded organizations were the money behind this, along with Bloomberg and the Hollywood usuals.  There is no way that "Parkland Survivors" put all of this together.  Putting an event like this together would take millions.  Security logistics, permits, and all of the staging in a Washington DC setting are unbelievably expensive.  This was not about Parkland Survivors.  They are being used by left wing extremists that have only one objective - make the 2nd Amendment obsolete and ban all weapons.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/03/24/went-march-lives-protest-7-takeaways/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell"&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT1dZeE16UmtabUl5TldVeCIsInQiOiJtM3VrTFlyQ0VtSXZ2NzY3d0pURlo3RERQREJiSkVGRWM4bWh4QktoVU1xODI0QVIwSTlYaG5scVFJYVRwaVpGNkVtckxKOUIwbkJ6eVdJc1wvQzc2Z3hxYUxJV2s2XC9Ib1M2ZGV5UDJsYXIyTTkzTzJKT2hqUnoydjJCbnN3a1hCIn0%3D