THIS is what activism looks like. What is our side doing?

I for one am tired of being tolerant, seriously, why in the hell do we, who've done nothing wrong, need to tolerate those that do not tolerate us?    If they want to talk about how to make schools safer, I am right there at the table, if they want to talk about how to best disarm us, well then they can go to hell.

I am also getting tired of hearing all this tolerance talk from our side, I really am.  You don't see the left breaking from the ranks, why are we?  Many gun owners seem more than happy to work with them on how best to appease them, when all they want is for us to be disarmed, pure and simple.  As I've said before, I am sorry these events happen, but it's such a statistical abnormality that it is not worth all this "repeal the 2nd Amendment" angst coming from the left.  If they were serious about keeping the kids safe, they would be pushing for more cell phone control instead of gun control since distracted driving kills more kids than guns do.

• Like 1

Tolerance?  Turn the other cheek, be the better person, don't stoop to their level, and all that sort of stuff. 

Otherwise, I don't disagree. Cell phone use while driving, opiates, mental illness, school security, child abuse, ... all these are much larger societal issues that desperately need to be addressed.

Unfortunately those aren't easily objectified in the form of scary black rifles.  Addressing the real issues requires addressing the people involved, and that's even scarier than the black rifles.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Omega said:

I for one am tired of being tolerant, seriously, why in the hell do we, who've done nothing wrong, need to tolerate those that do not tolerate us?    If they want to talk about how to make schools safer, I am right there at the table, if they want to talk about how to best disarm us, well then they can go to hell.

I am also getting tired of hearing all this tolerance talk from our side, I really am.  You don't see the left breaking from the ranks, why are we?  Many gun owners seem more than happy to work with them on how best to appease them, when all they want is for us to be disarmed, pure and simple.  As I've said before, I am sorry these events happen, but it's such a statistical abnormality that it is not worth all this "repeal the 2nd Amendment" angst coming from the left.  If they were serious about keeping the kids safe, they would be pushing for more cell phone control instead of gun control since distracted driving kills more kids than guns do.

A posit: all the alleged social engineering crap,that generated these school shooters, that finally precipitated this anti-2A wave, have been cause and effect.

• Administrator
On 3/27/2018 at 5:13 AM, Sunfish said:

Part of this looks like a trap to me. The left has surely anticipated our every move and if the media shows up they will label us and take everything said and done out of context and it's likely to be victory for them at our expense. If you could figure how to get some accurate air time and printed word out there it would go a long way. The first thing the left does is involve the media and pass out literature. The NRA better be lining up a media campaign on steroids with some of the millions and get the ILA off their ass and on the move      

Sunfish, you're picking up a vibe that keeps me from aligning with this rally.  I think our members ought to dig a little deeper before being so enthusiastic to attend what looks like it's going to be a patriotic Pro 2nd Amendment rally. 

This NCCPA (National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans) is publicly affiliated in some way, if only by association, the Three Percent and Oath Keeper organizations which have been classified as hate groups and anti-government separatist groups.  From their own "About" page:

The National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans is a coalition of various Patriotic based group Leadership that has come together to unify our ideals and diligently work together to uphold the Constitution and improve the lives of Americans.

We come from all walks of life, including Three Percent groups and local Militias, in order to unite and tell the Country that it’s time to put America back on track!

Source: https://thenccpa.com/about/

Red and bold emphasis are mine.

If you think that this connection won't be exploited by the media and turned against us, you probably haven't paid much attention to the media lately.  ;)

It's one thing for an organization completely unassociated with these groups to organize a rally and have some of them unexpectedly show up and hold signs, wear their "colors", etc.  In a public setting, you can no more control that than the Far Left and Anti-2A groups can control any of us showing up and peacefully holding up signs supporting the Second Amendment.

But it's another thing entirely, in my opinion at least, when the organizers of a rally claim on their own website that they are an affiliation of Three Percent groups and Local Militias, even if that affiliation is "loose".

This will completely keep me from being there or showing any support for it.  And that's a shame because we still need a good, organized, Pro-2nd Amendment rally.

• Like 4

Oh the irony... 

Seems the Parkland students are protesting the invasion of their "right to privacy" because the school has implemented a clear bag policy.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/03/parkland-student-clear-backpack-tampons-privacy/481287002/

Yes, the same kids who want to strip 2nd Amendment rights from hundreds of millions of people who've done nothing wrong, are angry about infringement of their "right to privacy" that really isn't even an explicit "right".  

:rolleyes:

I'll hazard a guess that highlighting their hypocrisy might fall on deaf ears.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This event has seemed fishy since day one. No one seems to have information, there is no discussion on the main forums we should expect to see it. I would advise caution. This smacks of something the Anti's and MSM will use to their advantage quickly and realy ugly like.

It could be a trap by the antis. Just like when they came up with the alt right group. 

Being labeled as a hate group because you are a patriotic American should let us all know the severity of things. 

I should have done this on my first post. I looked up thenccpa.com at ICANN WHOIS. It is registered by Contact Privacy Inc. in Toronto, Canada. Contact Privacy Inc. is a Domain Privacy Protection service.

Edited by scooter
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, scooter said:

I should have done this on my first post. I looked up thenccpa.com at ICANN WHOIS. It is registered by Contact Privacy Inc. in Toronto, Canada. Contact Privacy Inc. is a Domain Privacy Protection service.

Pardon me...I'm slow. So what does this mean?

22 minutes ago, hipower said:

It means the person or people who registered the domain name don't want anyone to know they did it. Infer whatever you like from that. 

Edited by peejman

This Web site could be run by III%ers that want to protect their identity. It could also be run by paid trolls in Macedonia. Yes, this happened before.

In my personal opinion, anyone calling for a nation-wide protest should say who they are and not hide behind some anonymity. After all, they ask us to show up in public, so why don’t they?
3 hours ago, peejman said:

It means the person or people who registered the domain name don't want anyone to know they did it. Infer whatever you like from that. 

2 hours ago, scooter said:

This Web site could be run by III%ers that want to protect their identity. It could also be run by paid trolls in Macedonia. Yes, this happened before.

In my personal opinion, anyone calling for a nation-wide protest should say who they are and not hide behind some anonymity. After all, they ask us to show up in public, so why don’t they?

Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of an anti movement from Canada was very suspect.

So, I was close.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, peejman said:

As the owner of a web domain that I use exclusively for email, I wouldn’t infer anything at all from the owner paying for privacy. I initially didn’t use whois privacy and received multiple telemarketing calls from folks in foreign countries offering me site building services. Whois privacy is a necessity as far as I am concerned. 

This is about the planned and now cancelled Atlanta rally posted by Iraqveteran8888 on their Facebook page. They were supposed to speak there:

Update on the 2A State Capital Rally scheduled to take place tomorrow. We have learned that there have been some issues between the State and the organizers of the rally and at this point the state is pulling the permit for the event. I initially promoted this event because of tons of people sending us emails about it and we truly want to support the cause of the 2A side as much as possible. I feel that attendance of this event (if not properly permitted) will paint good gun owners in a less than positive light and as a result we will not be attending. If the event is not properly permitted (as much as I disagree with a permit being necessary to exercise free speech) I feel the media will paint the good gun owners of this State specifically with the wrong brush and make us look like people who don’t follow the rules. As far as I know the event is still theoretically taking place, but know that the event is not permitted and we have chosen not to be associated with it as a result. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused and I apologize for not understanding completely what I was asking you guys to do. Understand that my intentions for promoting the Country-wide Rally was nothing but pure and my goal has always (and will always) be to further the cause of the 2nd Amendment. I feel that giving the anti-gunners and the media the low hanging fruit they desire in the form of breaking the State’s rules is unwise. We have to prove we are bigger people than them and have the moral high ground. Unfortunately this includes playing their game. I hope you all understand where I’m coming from here. I care deeply for my viewers and would never want them to do anything that would cause them legal or personal harm. We have to live and promote the 2nd Amendment every single day, 24/7. We always have, and will continue to. Thank you for understanding

From a comment by Iraqveteran8888:

... I’ll tell you what it is. The people trying to obtain the permit for this event made a Vice video about militias and I think the government is giving them a hard time because they think they are going to cause trouble.

So, it appears it's the clowns behind Vice's Inside America's Largest Right Wing Militia organized the Georgia event. Who is behind the original call for protests is still unclear.

3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

As the owner of a web domain that I use exclusively for email, I wouldn’t infer anything at all from the owner paying for privacy. I initially didn’t use whois privacy and received multiple telemarketing calls from folks in foreign countries offering me site building services. Whois privacy is a necessity as far as I am concerned. 

I was looking them up on WHOIS only because there is not a single person, name, or contact on https://thenccpa.com. Would you attend a rally that is organized by people who refuse to identify themselves? Ever heard of this: A Russian Facebook page organized a protest in Texas. A different Russian page launched the counterprotest.

18 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The domain name in question was registered on March 18, with a Canadian outfit listed in the registration information, about the same time this organization materialized.  

Yeah, nothing to infer here at all.