THIS is what activism looks like. What is our side doing?

• Moderators

I know nothing about this event or this organization. They very well could have nefarious ends, or 100% on the level. I have zero clue whatsoever. My point is strictly about Whois privacy services not being suspicious in and of itself. 

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

I know nothing about this event or this organization. They very well could have nefarious ends, or 100% on the level. I have zero clue whatsoever. My point is strictly about Whois privacy services not being suspicious in and of itself. 

But you know it’s the Russians.  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Admin Team

Fun exercise.  The list of known Russian and IDC bot accounts is mostly public and available at this point.  

Cross reference the accounts promoting (not organizing) these events against that list. 

Draw your own conclusions accordingly.

39 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Fun exercise.  The list of known Russian and IDC bot accounts is mostly public and available at this point.  

Cross reference the accounts promoting (not organizing) these events against that list. 

Draw your own conclusions accordingly.

If you see something, say something.  Don't have a bunch of us looking up the same info.  You don't have to draw any conclusions for us, but some, like me, are not allowed on some of the research sites.

• Like 1

The pro gun community is too divided.  Every gun rights event that I've attended has been shadowed by idiots doing stupid things, such as opening carrying rifles or militias turning the event into a membership drive.  Hickok recently posted about Confederate flags being displayed at an event.  I'm a supporter of the Confederate flag but a gun rights event isn't the place for it.  I'm hesitant to attend such events because consistently something happens that gets the media's attention, and it's never anything good.  These events are almost an anti gunners dream. From their side, what more do they need than people open carrying AR-15s, talking about militias, carrying handguns in cheap holsters, and waving around Confederate flags to make our entire side look like a bunch of Fudd idiots?

I apologize, as I don't believe this post contributes positively to answer the question "What am I doing?" However, there are reasons that I'm hesitant to do anything other than keep my Representatives posted on how to best represent me.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Someotherguy said:

Yep, political gatherings always do, no matter which side it is.. :(

I'll have to go ahead and disagree with you there.... ;) 

I've seen basically zero publicity of nut jobs at the various anti-gun rallies by anyone other than the most right wing media outlets. The  MSM ignores them because they don't support the narrative. 

However, the evening news would see a Confederate flag at a 2nd Amendment gathering and talk about how people at the KKK rally threatened to burn their houses. 

It's gonna be an uphill battle. 

The rain is not the reason I did not stop as I drove by. I had to work, 2 walk ins down, people get upset when thousands of dollars of food start to get to warm. I saw the flag as well, my boss would not have looked kindly on seeing his van there.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peejman said:

I've seen basically zero publicity of nut jobs at the various anti-gun rallies by anyone other than the most right wing media outlets. The  MSM ignores them because they don't support the statist, leftist narrative. 

However, the evening news would see a Confederate flag at a 2nd Amendment gathering and talk about how people at the KKK rally threatened to burn their houses. 

It's gonna be an uphill battle. 

Bold face is my correction.

And yes, it is gonna be uphill.

Silence will be considered assent.

Nowhere will the pro-2A get the slightest slack from misquote or misstep, where the grabbers  have and will get the greatest license and widest of error margins.

Anyone expecting fair play in this conflict is taking the short end of fearfully long odds.

The two major factors that stand in the  leftists' way, lacking credible contradiction, are:

+ The authorities that these authoritarians would have execute a gun grab are a fair number of the very folks owning the items in question. (Heaven forbid that any of the left actually do the grabbing themselves..."Do as I say, not as I do" seems to be one of their pet anthems.)

+ Far, far too many guns and far too good of communications. The first jurisdiction that would attempt a door-to-door grab, and the word would be out on net, ham, landline and even those media not co-opted.

Not impossible, but unlikely, and messily unsuccessful if attempted.

Any 21st century nominations for Ft. Sumter?

SWC