Enclosed Trailer Brand Recommendation?

Hozzie

I just bought a new Polaris Ranger and want to get an enclosed trailer to haul it and to just have for general use.  I basically know what size I want, specs, etc, but it seems like every brand I look up has terrible reviews for warranty work and general customer service.  I have high expectations for quality and will pay for it but it seems money doesn’t necessarily mean better quality on these.

In general I am looking for 8.5 x 16-20’ trailer.with 7’ interior.   It must have tubed frame, extended tongue, torsion axles, and v-nose.  Basically a good trailer.  

Does anyone have one that they can recommend?   I am willing to drive to get what I want, but everything I find seems to have less than stellar reviews for qualiy.

TIA!

Edited by Hozzie

I have a Haulmark Low Hauler. Mines a motorcycle trailer not a V-nose, but they make one. Mines a 8x12 dual axel that I’ve had for 20 years with no issues.

When I bought mine everyone around here had the price jacked up because they were hard to find other than at the motorcycle shops that had the price really jacked up. I was going to Illinois anyway, so I went to a place right outside Haulmark in Indiana and picked mine up. It saved me $1000. A trip to Florida is also an option if you want to save some money.

Funny story. I recently wanted a small trailer. My low Hauler is nice but it’s big when only hauling one bike. I was looking for a 5x8 with a ramp.  I went to a large trailer dealer in the MidState. I told them what I wanted and the salesman took me out on the lot in a Golf Cart. He showed me a trailer that had a pretty big price tag for a 5x8. I ask if he had anything else. He said “Are you looking for something that costs less?” I said yes, or a better price on that one. He said Okay and motioned me to get in the cart. He went back to the office got out of the cart, thanked me for stopping by and walked back inside. That would have pizzed a lot of people off, but I couldn’t do anything but laugh and leave. I guess he didn’t need to negotiate on price and was offended I would suggest it. :D

I ended up buying used.

http://haulmark.com/trailers/motorcycle-trailers/aluminum-motorcycle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator

My neighbor owns http://trailercountryinc.com/ and they now have a presence here in middle Tennessee.  @Hozzie, it would be my pleasure to put you together with him offline if you'd like to see what they offer and see if he can help guide you toward something that won't break the bank but will hold up to the rigors of time.

I know this guy very well and he's not a corner-cutter.  He'll steer you right.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CZ9MM said:

Sorry Hozzie, sounds like David’s neighbor owns you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird, I saw that on Tapatalk as well, but on the website it actually has more text with a link.

5 hours ago, TGO David said:

My neighbor owns ... and they now have a presence here in middle Tennessee.  @Hozzie, it would be my pleasure to put you together with him offline if you'd like to see what they offer and see if he can help guide you toward something that won't break the bank but will hold up to the rigors of time.

I know this guy very well and he's not a corner-cutter.  He'll steer you right.

Curious to see how the quote shows up as a test.

..... It did the same thing.  I removed the link and it now shows as David wrote it (minus the hyperlink).  Strange.

Edited by Hozzie
11 hours ago, TGO David said:
[mention=4349]Hozzie[/mention] It looks like my neighbor has taken his family on a vacation for Spring Break.  It may be Monday before I am able to catch up with him.

No problem. I appreciate your help.

Edited by Hozzie