sorting brass

Ok so I been sorting out this bucket of brass I have and what I have been sorting is 38 Spl, 40 Cal, 10MM, 9mm, 45 cal and 380 calibers. Are there any of these that I am wasting my time sorting. If  there is a caliber that folks don't reload there is no sense in saving the brass. I have no clue what people reload so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bersaguy

If it is actual brass case, then even non -desirable calibers can be sold for scrap at a recycling center. Just depends on if the amount you have makes the trip worth while. 

All those are standard enough that you will find someone for them. 

22 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

If it is actual brass case, then even non -desirable calibers can be sold for scrap at a recycling center. Just depends on if the amount you have makes the trip worth while. 

All those are standard enough that you will find someone for them. 

Last time I tried to sell brass for scrap there were no takers. None of the recyclers were interested. Wound up selling 3 5 gallon buckets to a bunch of IDPA reloaders. Last time I bothered to pick up 9mm now that I think of it.

40 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Last time I tried to sell brass for scrap there were no takers. None of the recyclers were interested. Wound up selling 3 5 gallon buckets to a bunch of IDPA reloaders. Last time I bothered to pick up 9mm now that I think of it.

One of the indoor ranges I frequent says they sell the brass and lead to recyclers. I can't verify that though. 

Do you pick up steel or aluminum "brass"?

Well I kinda know what brass looks like and I spent the funds to get a super good lighted Magnafine glass just to be able to do this and I can read the caliber on the base of each piece and if i does not clearly give the defined information it goes in the scrap pile. like the 38 Spl says it on the base of the brass that it is 38 Spl  and 45 cal says 45 Cal so I'm thinking and yea they are Ronnie. The pictures below will show you where I am at present and I still am not seeing a dent in the 5 gallon bucket I began working on once I finished the 2.5 gallon pail I stated with. Had to take a break to fill a couple bait orders...........lol.

I already sold 500 pieces to Grunt67 and he came by and picked them up.

001.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

One of the indoor ranges I frequent says they sell the brass and lead to recyclers. I can't verify that though. 

Do you pick up steel or aluminum "brass"?

Never. These days about all i pick up is rifle brass.

Well, I didn't pick this up. My Friend BT did it before he passed away. He worked at an indoor range doing maintainence and they did not allow rifles. He told me one day he would get started sorting it but he never got around to it so gives me something to do when I'm not making fishing baits..............:clap:

27 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

I could use a couple thousand 9mm Luger if the price is right. You'll have to mail them to me cause I live about 60 miles South of Knoxville.

Ray

Let me know if you can't find a satisfactory deal on them.

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Well I kinda know what brass looks like and I spent the funds to get a super good lighted Magnafine glass just to be able to do this and I can read the caliber on the base of each piece and if i does not clearly give the defined information it goes in the scrap pile. like the 38 Spl says it on the base of the brass that it is 38 Spl  and 45 cal says 45 Cal so I'm thinking and yea they are Ronnie. The pictures below will show you where I am at present and I still am not seeing a dent in the 5 gallon bucket I began working on once I finished the 2.5 gallon pail I stated with. Had to take a break to fill a couple bait orders...........lol.

I already sold 500 pieces to Grunt67 and he came by and picked them up.

001.JPG

Yep, finally got them all cleaned. Have fun sorting, LOL.

14 hours ago, Ray Z said:

I could use a couple thousand 9mm Luger if the price is right. You'll have to mail them to me cause I live about 60 miles South of Knoxville.

Ray

Well I have no clue how many I will have in 9mm when all is said and done but I sold Grunt 500 and I have that many or more again already and like I said, I just started on the big 5 gallon pail last evening. If you don't find any before I get done I will let you know how many I have.

20 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well I have no clue how many I will have in 9mm when all is said and done but I sold Grunt 500 and I have that many or more again already and like I said, I just started on the big 5 gallon pail last evening. If you don't find any before I get done I will let you know how many I have.

Figure out how much you've got and what you want for them. I just finished the last of the 5 gallon bucket I had.

Ray

rzillick@gmail.com

I been working on brass sorting pretty much last couple days and hopefully will have the 5 gallon pail completed and then I can begin counting and bagging them to get ready to send to new homes. I sure hope I can find folks that want some of all the calibers I have sorted out. I'm going to ask 1 question and hope I get replies back. I am going to have 45 Cal, 40 cal, 9MM Cal, 38 spl, 380 cal and some 10mm but not to sure about how much on the 10mm. If there is not a caliber any one is going to want I would like to know cause there is no sense in counting and bagging if no one is interested. Would like to get replies. Thanks

Ok , looking good. I have someone wanting everything except the 38 spl brass. In all honesty I am surprised just how much of it I am coming up with. I didn't think people shot 38 calibers that much any more but I guess I was wrong. Is there any 38 spl reloaders here? 

14 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Doug you have a scale?

.45acp, 89.58gr/ea, 78.1cases/#, 12.8#/1000

There are 78 pieces of 45 ACP brass in one pound.

1000 pieces of 45 ACP brass in 12.8 pounds.

Thanks Red, and yea I have some scales somewhere in this house and I had them a week ago but can't find them anyplace now but I already couted them and have 850 pieces of 45 Brass. I also have 2260 pieces of 9MM brass  and just past the 1000 mark on the 40 cal and box is still more than half full so taking a break. I had those scales about 10 days ago and I know they are somewhere in this house because except for Darby no one else lives here and Darby swears up and down she has not touched them...............:doh:

Ok so, I will be counting 380 tonight and finish counting the 40 Cal. I already have 1000 40 cal counted and about that many or more I still need to count and bag. Do we have any 40 Caliber reloaders here that might be interested in some 40 Caliber Brass?? If so speak up please!!!