Opinions needed on red dot around $200

45 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

Curious about the solar panel backup, especially at this price point.

Sorry about your MPX, I thought it was going to be a winner when you brought it to class, send it to Sig?

The solar panel seemed to work fine. It was cloudy out yesterday evening when I shot and the brightness of the dot automatically adjusts based on the how much light is present. When I read the manual I believe it said that most of the power comes from the panel and the battery is only intended to be a backup.  I was really pleased with it.

I'm really not sure what to do about the MPX. I need to put more rounds through it and pay more attention to which mag I'm using to see if I can isolate the problem. It might be ammo specific too. I know it didn't like Freedom Munitions. 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, Johnny Rotten said:

OP are a bunch of FUDDS, they just decided last month not to sell 30rd mags anymore, after the FL school shooting.

Yep. They're dead to me

EDITED: Now undead. 

Edited by mikegideon
On 3/30/2018 at 1:29 PM, Slappy said:

Throwing this out there....I have Aimpoints, EoTech's, Leupolds, Trijicons.....The Sig Romeo 5 has really impessed me.  I have an astigmatism, so I always see the "starburst" but for whatever reason, the Romeo 5 I see the clearest of them all.  It also includes 2 mounts, and a lifetime guarantee...they can be had for around $120ish.  I've hard great things about the Primary Arms so they are worth a look as well. 

I have also heard good things about the Romeo 5. I just bought a TRS25 for my truck gun. I have the starburst problem too. 

1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

Watch OPs return policy, after 30-60-90 days (can't remember which) they refer you directly to the mfg'er for warranty work.

I never buy from them anyway. Always have picked other vendors. I had one mediocre to bad experience with them. I even forget what it was 

• 2 months later...

Coming late to this party.

Optic Planet took weeks to fulfill an order for a buddy of an in stock product, then it came screwed up. Fortunately it was a Vortex scope and Vortex made it right within days. 

If you’re talking rifle optics, I just picked up a Vortex AR red dot from Palmetto State Armory in a great bargain ... just $129! Keep an eye on their sales. 

I too have astigmatism issues with red dots. I ended up going with a Vortex Spitfire 1x optic. The optic is a prism scope. It has a DRT (Dual Ring Tactical) reticle that is etched into the glass. Because of this, one can use the optic even when the batteries die. It has 5 green and 5 red lighting intensities. I looked at several red dots but due the "starburst" patterns they displayed, I needed to go another route. They have 1x and 3x models available. I got mine through Amazon.