Looking at hats

I have about 175-200 different ball caps that I collected over my many years of tour fishing tournaments and I have boxes of them never worn. Just stored in boxes. I do have 2 hat racks in my living room with about 25 hats between them hanging that I wear. I feel naked if I go out with out a ball cap on. And the brim or bill of the hat keeps the sun out of my eyes and not off the back of my neck or either one of my ears!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have about 175-200 different ball caps that I collected over my many years of tour fishing tournaments and I have boxes of them never worn. Just stored in boxes. I do have 2 hat racks in my living room with about 25 hats between them hanging that I wear. I feel naked if I go out with out a ball cap on. And the brim or bill of the hat keeps the sun out of my eyes and not off the back of my neck or either one of my ears!!!!

Good grief that’s a lot of lids.  Do you put any on display on the dashboard or in the back window of your ride?  It’s something I never understood so serious question.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Garufa said:

Good grief that’s a lot of lids.  Do you put any on display on the dashboard or in the back window of your ride?  It’s something I never understood so serious question.

I fished the Semi-Pro Bass Fishing tour about 23 years and all my sponsors kept me supplied in hats plus people gave us hats in every town we fished in and I actually bought a couple over the years plus I have about 15 NRA hats and about 25 Skeeter Bass Boat hats alone and all my bait sponsors kept me wearing their hats so yea I got plenty of them. As far as displaying any, the only one I display is the one on my head when I go out some place. I had so many boxes of hats I have to store some of them at my SIL's house in a closet. I didn't realize I had so many till last time I moved and about every box I picked up to put in the truck said Hats on top of it. I'm gonna look next time I go to my SIL's house for my box of Budweiser Hats. I have a full box of them as I had a buddy/bait customer that was the advertising supervisor at Bud in St Louis for 26 years and every time he sent me a check for baits it came in a box with a Budweiser Cap. I have a guy that said he would like to buy the box of Budweiser hats if they have never been worn and made me a very handsome offer for them..............:clap:

• Like 1

I have collected hats for years, I have about 50 of them that I wear at any given time. I still have most of my hair, so I wear them out of comfort more than anything. I do pay attention to hats, but just because it is a fringe hobby of mine. I have a BRCC hat I wear often, and I get a few comments on it, but no one has recognized it's origins yet.

I used to have 2 huge trash bags full of hats. As a kid Dad took me with him to construction supply places when picking up stuff. Being a little kid, they loved to give me hats. One I remember I had was Rocky Top Materials. I ended up getting rid of most of them in a move. I really don't wear hats and if I do, ball caps are not my favorite. I still keep a few around though, just in case.

I do pay attention to hat and clothing logos though. Lots of info people communicate through what brands they wear.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Has anyone else besides me started looking a little closer at hats that people are wearing?  Before the TGO hats became available, I didn't pay any attention to people's hats, but now I find myself actually looking at them. 

I have a hat problem.  I have a lot of hats, and the problem is I keep buying them.  :lol:

I don't think it's odd to pay attention to what's on folks hats.  Some folks pay attention to what tennis shoes other people are wearing.  Some folks pay attention to what gun other folks are shooting at the range.  ;)

1 hour ago, peejman said:

This makes me feel better. Two minutes ago I would have told anyone that I have a lot of hats. Thanks to you guys, it's clear I really don't. :)  

I just threw away two garbage bags full of hats a couple of weeks ago so I'm down to about 20 now :P

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I just threw away two garbage bags full of hats a couple of weeks ago so I'm down to about 20 now :P

If you know of a church doing mission work in Central America or places like Haiti, offer them the hats. I have it on good authority that kids in these places love ball caps.