Well, it's nice when folks admit their agenda and stop pretending...

Required Reading:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

Co-Sponsors:

Steve Cohen - TN 9th District
James Cooper - TN 5th District

https://www.congress.gov/member/steve-cohen/C001068

https://www.congress.gov/member/james-cooper/C000754

Edited by Six &Twenty
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, Six &Twenty said:

Well, it's nice when folks admit their agenda and stop pretending...

Required Reading:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

Well being one of the dull knives in the drawer I read the entire article and it is still not clear to me if any of my firearms will become illegal once this thing is passed so I might be breaking the law and not even know it. I did understand that my Marlin 60 is legal for me to own and My Bersa Thunder which holds 7+1 is legal I think but it is a semi auto but my main question comes in with my model 85 Bersa which will hold 14+1. Will it be illegal for me to own??? Will it be grandfathered in and legal for me to own? any help with this question would be appreciated.

Looks to me like any 'pistol' (as opposed to revolver) could be swept up, as there is nothing to 'prevent' accepting a 'large capacity ammunition feeding device'. This is a pretty stupid piece of legislation, but it 'clarifies' the agenda quite nicely for anyone sitting the fence!

Of particular interest, there are NO exemptions for any handguns by manufacturer or model contained in the appendix... NONE!

Edited by Six &Twenty
Expand Info

Well my Marlin 60 is safe anyway for now at least until some idiot uses one to do something crazy with. As best I can tell about everything that bill has in it defies the Infringement part of 2nd Amendment unless they are planning on doing away with it all together.

If you read the list of co-sponsors it's all the usual suspects.

Mr. Cicilline (for himself, Ms. Wilson of Florida, Ms. Adams, Mr. Aguilar, Ms. Barragán, Ms. Bass, Mr. Bera, Mrs. Beatty, Mr. Beyer, Mr. Blumenauer, Ms. Blunt Rochester, Ms. Bonamici, Mr. Brendan F. Boyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Brady of Pennsylvania, Mr. Brown of Maryland, Ms. Brownley of California, Mr. Butterfield, Mr. Carbajal, Mr. Capuano, Mr. Cárdenas, Mr. Carson of Indiana, Ms. Castor of Florida, Ms. Judy Chu of California, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Correa, Ms. Clark of Massachusetts, Ms. Clarke of New York, Mr. Clay, Mr. Clyburn, Mr. Connolly, Mr. Courtney, Mr. Crist, Mr. Crowley, Mr. Cummings, Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, Mrs. Davis of California, Ms. DelBene, Ms. DeGette, Ms. DeLauro, Mr. Delaney, Mrs. Demings, Mr. DeSaulnier, Mr. Deutch, Mr. Doggett, Mr. Michael F. Doyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Ellison, Mr. Engel, Mr. Espaillat, Ms. Eshoo, Ms. Esty of Connecticut, Ms. Frankel of Florida, Mr. Foster, Ms. Fudge, Mr. Gallego, Mr. Garamendi, Mr. Gomez, Mr. Al Green of Texas, Mr. Grijalva, Mr. Gutiérrez, Ms. Hanabusa, Mr. Hastings, Mr. Heck, Mr. Higgins of New York, Mr. Himes, Mr. Hoyer, Mr. Huffman, Ms. Jayapal, Ms. Jackson Lee, Mr. Jeffries, Mr. Johnson of Georgia, Ms. Kaptur, Mr. Keating, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Khanna, Mr. Kihuen, Mr. Kildee, Mr. Kilmer, Mr. Krishnamoorthi, Ms. Kuster of New Hampshire, Mr. Langevin, Mr. Larson of Connecticut, Mrs. Lawrence, Mr. Lawson of Florida, Ms. Lee, Mr. Levin, Mr. Lewis of Georgia, Mr. Ted Lieu of California, Mr. Loebsack, Ms. Lofgren, Mr. Lowenthal, Mrs. Lowey, Mr. Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico, Ms. Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, Mr. Lynch, Ms. McCollum, Mr. McEachin, Mr. McGovern, Mr. McNerney, Mrs. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York, Mr. Sean Patrick Maloney of New York, Ms. Matsui, Mr. Meeks, Ms. Meng, Mr. Moulton, Ms. Moore, Mrs. Murphy of Florida, Mr. Nadler, Mrs. Napolitano, Mr. Neal, Mr. Nolan, Mr. Norcross, Ms. Norton, Mr. O'Rourke, Mr. Pallone, Mr. Panetta, Mr. Pascrell, Mr. Payne, Mr. Perlmutter, Mr. Peters, Ms. Pingree, Mr. Polis, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Price of North Carolina, Mr. Quigley, Mr. Raskin, Miss Rice of New York, Mr. Richmond, Ms. Rosen, Ms. Roybal-Allard, Mr. Ruppersberger, Mr. Rush, Mr. Ryan of Ohio, Ms. Sánchez, Mr. Sarbanes, Mr. Serrano, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Schiff, Mr. Schneider, Mr. David Scott of Georgia, Mr. Scott of Virginia, Ms. Shea-Porter, Mr. Sherman, Mr. Sires, Mr. Smith of Washington, Ms. Slaughter, Mr. Soto, Ms. Speier, Mr. Swalwell of California, Mr. Suozzi, Mr. Takano, Ms. Titus, Mr. Tonko, Mrs. Torres, Ms. Tsongas, Mr. Vargas, Ms. Velázquez, Mr. Visclosky, Mr. Walz, Ms. Wasserman Schultz, Ms. Maxine Waters of California, Mrs. Watson Coleman, Mr. Welch, Mr. Yarmuth, and Ms. Pelosi) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

Not only that. look at the list of other Bills he's sponsored or co-sponsored.  Nothing he does surprises me.

CLICK HERE: For List of Other Bills

Ok, so this is just a proposal Bill and not a done deal so it could change many times or not change at all and be voted on if the Senate also votes on it as it is written and then it still has to be signed by or vetoed the President. Y'all have to forgive me but I am ignorant to a lot of the legal bull crap and need it explained to me in lament terms.

I looked at that stack of papers that was beside Trump when he got ready to sign the new budget bill and there is no way in HELL anyone has read that entire thing and knows everything in it. Things like that is what puts doubt in me that any of them can really be trusted to work for us, "The Amercan People"  If anyone had a question about the bill and it required an answer that had to be found in the Bill they better hope they have some speed readers around!!!!!

I would bet 2/3rd of that bill is Pork / Pig Fat!!! 

Edited by bersaguy