So I finally got a set of meprolight night sights for my cz 82 but..

These sights are advertised as for the cz 82/83 . It specifically says for front sights held in by a push pin. Why the hell isnt the hole already drilled for the pin? Have to drill through the damned thing per the instructions. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the slide is like that of a CZ75, you don't even need to drill. When I installed F/O sights on my 75, I used a triangular jewelers file to file a groove into the underside of the front sight (in the appropriate spot after inserting and marking it). Filing a groove seemed much more ... uhm.... controlled .... to me and my clumsy hands than drilling with a drill bit. The groove works just as well and holds the sight tight.

Just to be clear. Punch out the pin. Remove the old sight. Insert new sight. Mark the spot to be drilled/filed (I think I used a needle to scratch the location on the sight through the hole on both sides). Remove front sight, file a groove into it. Re-insert front sight, then punch the pin back in. Make sure you go easy on the filing and try occasionally. Don't remove too much or the sight will be loose. 

Edited by Obiwan

Thanks for the info . I’m mostly just aggravated that they haven’t already predrilled it . To me it would be like buying a drop in Barrel that wasn’t “drop in”. The specs are the same for every firearm it’s made for . Why require the buyer to do the evtra work ?

The Czechs are unique when it comes to guns, that's why.  There are also several variants if I remember correctly so that probably has more to do with it than anything.  You would think that they would have kept the pin location the same on variants but you never know.

I'm cheap, I bought some chartreuse fluorescent paint, cleaned the sight with alcohol, and used a toothpick to insert paint into the sight dots.  Not exactly night sights, but greatly improved the sight visibility in low light and daylight conditions.  Total darkness not so much.  

1 hour ago, tacops said:

I'm cheap, I bought some chartreuse fluorescent paint, cleaned the sight with alcohol, and used a toothpick to insert paint into the sight dots.  Not exactly night sights, but greatly improved the sight visibility in low light and daylight conditions.  Total darkness not so much.  

I’m gonna outline the front dot with orange fluorescent paint like me trijicon HD sites . Not worth spending that much on sites for an 82