Interesting looking folding single barrel

JAB

A search didn't turn up anything on these so I thought I would post about them.  Has anyone here heard of the Midland folding shotguns?  Someone on another forum posted about them and I think they look interesting.

I like that they have an 18 inch model - I haven't seen many if any 'security' length barrels on singles from the factory. I also like that it accepts chokes. Something like that and a good set of chamber adapters would be one heck of a good survival/subsistance/camping/just plain fun setup to have. Being used to my singles with no manual safety and external hammers it would take a bit of getting used to, for me, but wouldn't really result in an extra step as the best/safest way to carry a single 'in the field' is probably with the gun broken open and carried lying across the off-hand forearm so close it, cock the hammer and fire or close it, disengage the safety and fire - I can't imagine there is much difference.

https://www.shootmidland.com/products/midland-backpack-12-gauge-18-5-barrel

Midland12Guage185_1000x1000_3ce2170b-eab

MidlandFolded_1000x1000_compact_0769bd3b

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One more think is this suspiciously looks like a slight redesign of the $99 folding Turkish guns Wal-marts sells as Hatfields. Granted, there are some nice added features beyond the Hatfield model.

Personally I have no warmed up to folding guns. Just my bias though. While not packable my Savage Model 24 fits my needs better.