Shooter's Depot Fire

This is what you call karma...    These guys were all in on fueling the panic buying after Sandy Hook.  One of those sales guys told me I better buy a .22lr AR that was over  $250 above MSRP (and rising) because Bill Clinton had those banned in the Assault Weapons Ban.   When I raised the question about how he banned something that didn't exist at the time the guy huffed and puffed and stomped off.     

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/chattanooga-firefighters-respond-to-fire-at-shooters-depot-wednesday

• Dislike 1

Sorry you had such a bad experience there.  Mine was totally opposite.  They have always treated myself and my family with respect and courtesy. 

Also can't believe that you are pleased at a loss this large to a gun retailer.  Seriously?  Pretty vindictive in my opinion ........

We need these retailers and indoor ranges.  They support our gun rights and have a vested interest in the 2nd Amendment.

• Like 4

I don’t wish a fire upon any building or business (my home could be next ). 

One common misconception is that merely being an employee of a weapons related business makes one an expert in all things weapons related . This is no more true than expecting an employee at McDonald’s to know everything about raising cattle. Simply educating the employee politely is probably a better choice than being “offended” and wishing bad things to happen to him and the business he works in.

That being said , I do not believe that all weapons related businesses have been strong advocates for the shooting public, especially during the “bad times “. In fact, most have cannibalized themselves and us during those times. There have been very few that have not manipulated the system , one way or another, during the “panics “ to maximize profits and rarely , if ever , for the benefit of the customer. Many are now paying for it during “good times “ but not by fires and destruction, but rather those of us with long memories who choose to whom we give our money . 

• Like 4

It's pretty rare that I'm actually tempted to downvote a post. Claiming that this fire is justified based on the actions of one salesman is pretty childish. 

I hope their insurance takes care of them and that they are able to recover financially. I'm glad no one was killed. 

• Like 5

I went to Shooter's Depot one time.  I asked about a particular model Smith & Wesson and the sales clerk said they had several different .38 Special loads.  He didn't understand that I was asking about a pistol (which I explained to him).  Then I got a blank look.  I haven't been back.

I do wish them well in getting their business back up and running.  Glad nobody was hurt.

Edited by A516

"Also can't believe that you are pleased at a loss this large to a gun retailer.  Seriously?"
I'm certain I did not say I was pleased at the loss of a gun retailer.

"Claiming that this fire is justified based on the actions of one salesman is pretty childish."
Yea, didn't say that either.

I'm amazed at how quickly many people have completely forgotten and some even defend those who were fueling the panic buying by fear mongering and telling everyone how you better buy it up now before it's taken away.   

1 hour ago, battleop said:

I'm amazed at how quickly many people have completely forgotten and some even defend those who were fueling the panic buying by fear mongering and telling everyone how you better buy it up now before it's taken away.   

I'm certain none of us is saying we've forgotten.  But if a gun store or any business uses high-pressure sales tactics and unrealistic claims to move its products, walking away without buying anything is mighty simple.  

I'm pleased if the point of your post was not to take pleasure in this dealer's misfortune.  But if not, the point you hoped to make is not clear.  Maybe you can elaborate?

On 4/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, Whisper said:

I'm pleased if the point of your post was not to take pleasure in this dealer's misfortune.  But if not, the point you hoped to make is not clear.  Maybe you can elaborate?

I'd like to hear that also .......

Do I really need to explain how Karma works?  When you do bad things to others (like using shady sales tactics) eventually bad things come back to bite you in the ass.   I think you guys are putting a little too much though into my original comments.

23 minutes ago, battleop said:

Do I really need to explain how Karma works?  When you do bad things to others (like using shady sales tactics) eventually bad things come back to bite you in the ass.   I think you guys are putting a little too much though into my original comments.

Yup , shady sales tactics , dirty deals and rejoicing in misfortune all have karma . Ways of the world. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, battleop said:

Karma?  I bet you believe in BigFoot too.  The cause of the fire has not been disclosed (as far as I know) but I'm fairly certain that "Karma" had absolutely nothing to do with it .........