Got my HCP renewal notice

I got my notice in the mail today but did not get any options. I have to go to DMV, pay $50.00 and get a new picture made in order to get mine. Glad I have a DMV location  about 4 miles from the house. It is where I went to get my original one. Mine expires 6/23/2018. They said the new one will be good for 8 years. They said I can renew anytime between now and the expire date and the receipt they give me will act as my permit till I get the new one. Will probably do it in May and get it over with.............:clap:

I got mine a week ago, haven't felt up to sitting & waiting that long. Still coughing quite a bit.

Mine expires 6/18/18, so no big rush to get it done, anyway. I'll likely go to Lebanon for mine.

$50 & a new pic.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

I got mine a week ago, haven't felt up to sitting & waiting that long. Still coughing quite a bit.

Mine expires 6/18/18, so no big rush to get it done, anyway. I'll likely go to Lebanon for mine.

$50 & a new pic.

Sorry your feeling under the weather and hope your back well soon. Mine expires 5 days after your does and normally the Gallatin DMV station is not to crowded Tues-Thurs. I will keep my papers in the console of the jeep and if I drive by there and they are not crowded I will just pop in and get mine done.

• Like 1
Here in Chattanooga, I got my picture taken at the title and registration office. They have a kiosk there. No waiting or anything. Then I mailed them a a check. No DMV visit required.

Last time I had to go to the dmv , they took my pic and the face recognition software said I wasn’t me (had grown my hair out , added a beard and glasses ). It was kind of a mess, tbh . Sure am glad my fingerprints hadn’t changed or I would’ve been screwed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minor miracle today, I guess. Went to the DMV in Lebanon, in & out approx. 30 mins.

Not very many there, as soon as I finished the application ( couple mins ), lady said come on up,

and she handled it herself.

Maybe it was my continual good looks, or my magnetic personality,..............or she could just wanted to get me out of her sight, LOL.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Minor miracle today, I guess. Went to the DMV in Lebanon, in & out approx. 30 mins.

Not very many there, as soon as I finished the application ( couple mins ), lady said come on up,

and she handled it herself.

Maybe it was my continual good looks, or my magnetic personality,..............or she could just wanted to get me out of her sight, LOL.

Well I guess I need to get  mine done before I have to move. Do I need to do a change of address when I move? If so can that be done by mail or on line? I guess I will need to change my DL to huh?

18 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Well I guess I need to get  mine done before I have to move. Do I need to do a change of address when I move? If so can that be done by mail or on line? I guess I will need to change my DL to huh?

If you're moving local, just a change of address. If you're going out of state, new DL. If local , no new DL need , just address.  Maybe online, not sure.

They can & will do all of that @ the DMV while you're there. They will ask, usually, did me.

Edited by Grunt67
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

If you're moving local, just a change of address. If you're going out of state, new DL. If local , no new DL need , just address.  Maybe online, not sure.

They can & will do all of that @ the DMV while you're there. They will ask, usually, did me.

Well I need to renew HCP before June 18th but just got new DL so I won't do anything till I actually get moved and then will do change of address on both I guess. Hope I can do it all on line.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my renewal notice and was able to do it online so I went ahead and did it. Mistake on my part. My renewed permit came with the issue date, therefore taking about 3 months off my 8 years had I waited closer to my expiration date. Next time Ill know better. A lifetime won't pay off for me. 

Well I went to DMV on May 2nd and got my picture made and got my new card in the mail on the 10th. 8 day turn around. I can live with that. Don't know for sure when I am going to have to move so going to wait till I get moved and settled and then do the change of address on both HCP and DL then.

6 hours ago, Smith55 said:

Does everyone have to get an new photo?

I don't believe it's an everyone kinda thing. Just length of time since your last photo.

In my case I've had my TN Permit for 12 years since my last photo. Makes sense to me I needed to have an updated photo.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, prag said:

I don't believe it's an everyone kinda thing. Just length of time since your last photo.

In my case I've had my TN Permit for 12 years since my last photo. Makes sense to me I needed to have an updated photo.

I'd say you're right. I had to get a new one & it had been a while, not sure how long.

The use that same pic as your DL. The way I understand it, it just depends how long has passed since your last pic as to if you'll have to get a new pic or not.

I renewed my HCP last fall. I was required to go to the Drivers Testing Station to get a new pic. 

I can't stand going to the Dickson Drivers Testing Station. There will be a room full of people waiting, 4 people behind the counter, with only one person actually doing anything. 

8 hours ago, m16ty said:

The use that same pic as your DL. The way I understand it, it just depends how long has passed since your last pic as to if you'll have to get a new pic or not.

I renewed my HCP last fall. I was required to go to the Drivers Testing Station to get a new pic. 

I can't stand going to the Dickson Drivers Testing Station. There will be a room full of people waiting, 4 people behind the counter, with only one person actually doing anything. 

Move to Lebanon, I was in & out in about 30 mins. YMMV, LOL. I was shocked!