19X is this a sales gimmick ?

tercel89

I got to looking at the Glock 19X . To me it seems like a sales gimmick. If you take a 19 and insert a 17 magazine then there ya go . Or to make it more "better looking" just add an X-Grip to smooth the gap.  I just don't get paying the extra money for it . Any thoughts ?

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Everyone that I know who owns one of them says the improvements aren't just in the grip length.  They say the trigger is better than any other Glock due to changes in the trigger system and/or sear.  Also, the explanation I've heard several times now for why the grip length and slide length work so well for certain applications has to do with who the pistol was originally designed for.

Keep in mind it was designed as a contender for the joint service pistol.  Anyone wearing body armor with side panels needed a shorter slide so that they weren't drawing "all of that gun" out of a holster and trying to clear it past their armor.

• Like 3

I have a gen 5 17 for my duty pistol and for me the trigger pull is about the same and so is the groupings . I have a personal g26 gen 5 just cause I was curious. I still don't see that big a difference from it and the Gen 3's or 4's.

• Like 1

I like the fact that it comes with night sights, a flush 17 rounder and 2 extra 19 round clips for around the same price as other standard glocks. I also like the desert coloration even though I know a lot of people don’t. 

Edited by Ahitchc4
  • Moderators
Everyone that I know who owns one of them says the improvements aren't just in the grip length.  They say the trigger is better than any other Glock due to changes in the trigger system and/or sear.  Also, the explanation I've heard several times now for why the grip length and slide length work so well for certain applications has to do with who the pistol was originally designed for.
Keep in mind it was designed as a contender for the joint service pistol.  Anyone wearing body armor with side panels needed a shorter slide so that they weren't drawing "all of that gun" out of a holster and trying to clear it past their armor.

Are those trigger improvements to the 19x specifically or all Gen 5 pistols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Administrator
49 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Are those trigger improvements to the 19x specifically or all Gen 5 pistols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine, Mike Sisino, says that it feels different and more improved to him than the Gen 5 trigger.

Picked up one today. Went to the range and ran about 200 flawless rounds through it. Shot it side my side with my vp9 and vp9sk. Trigger was great and gun shot really smooth. Minimal felt recoil and more accurate than I.

• Like 3