Sometimes our fellow gun owners do more harm than good...

Sometimes fellow members of the gun community don't think things out before they do something stupid.  I was watching this story last night and they said that the Museum's policy was to not have guns on property.   They acknowledge that there were no signs in the public areas outside and only at the entrances.   Who want's to bet that after this story they will "correct" that oversight?   

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/reaction-to-pro-trump-pro-gun-picture-taken-in-chattanooga-goes-viral-on-twitter

They can have all the policies they like, if the signs are only on the doors and she didn't enter the building, there is nothing more to say.  

Good for her, I say. 

The hand wringing, beta male types need to get over it.  They see these pictures and freak out.  Their minds would explode if they knew how many people have guns around them every day.  

The only possible issue is if they require a permit for professional photography on the property.  In that case, the photographer has a problem.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

While I agree she is full in her rights, it is a stupid stunt looking for attention. Same as a girl wearing a mini skirt or a buff dude wearing a tank top. 

I want those around me that don't feel the need to brag about being armed. 

Looking for attention?  Probably.

Young and idealistic?  Definitely.  

But again, if we don't join the conversation, we'll lose by forfeit. While I personally prefer anonymity, I wish there was a million others just like her. 

Edited by peejman
  • Like 9

The picture, I'm ok with it.  But I must say I'm surprised by the story, it is as balanced a story as I have seen when the subject is guns.  They have both a pro and anti gun view, without too much spin either way; bravo.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jgradyc said:

I'm okay with the picture. 

I'd be okay if 150,000,000 more people posted similar pictures. 

150 million would be good too. 

I'd like to see more of the women in the hunting and shooting sports world be a little more vocal. Women are more likely to listen to other women than Wayne.  

Well guess what tonight's lead story is on News Channel 9?   They went to Hamilton Place and many other businesses and informed them that their signs were not complaint and as predicted they corrected that oversight.   Places you could carry because they didn't follow the law have been made off limits again.

Edited by battleop
2 minutes ago, battleop said:

Well guess what tonight's lead story is on News Channel 9?   They went to Hamilton Place and many other businesses and informed them that their signs were not complaint and as predicted they corrected that oversight.   Places you could carry because they didn't follow the law have been made off limits again.

Good. Now its clear instead of vague and the sheeple will feel ever so much more comfortable.  

Right up until the next gang shooting. 

35 minutes ago, Omega said:

The picture, I'm ok with it.  But I must say I'm surprised by the story, it is as balanced a story as I have seen when the subject is guns.  They have both a pro and anti gun view, without too much spin either way; bravo.

I watched a Channel 3 broadcast and the reporter I would have thought would be as anti-gun as you can get said "Thankfully none of the guns were damaged" in his on the side of the road interview.    I had to re-wind the DVR to see if what I heard was true.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Here we go again another graduation photo...:eek:

AAxnNdK

Yes but she made a very interesting statement, That as a student at the university she couldn't carry, but now as a graduate she's a visitor and it's allowed. A very interesting delineation considering one is often required to live on campus for a period of time at many schools. . .

• Like 3
On 4/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, battleop said:

What signs? I am usually so focused on the task at hand that I don't notice any signs. Good thing I carry concealed, and it never comes up.

I also carry concealed and do my very best to not print also. I wear a loose baggy type cover shirt and I have a holster that keep my Bersa tight against my side but not uncomfortable. I have never had anyone say anything to me. I have seen many conceals that print big time so not really concealed. Just not open carry.