Buds has P365 in stock

Links2k

On 4/12/2018 at 11:16 PM, The Legion said:
On 4/12/2018 at 11:16 PM, The Legion said:
2 hours ago, NickinTN said:

From everything I've seen they all ship with the X-ray sights. They had issues with the sig night sights and the front sight not holding up. If for some reason Bud's still had one with the regular night sights (I doubt) a call to Sig CS and you'll get a set of X-ray, which is what you saw at your LGS. 

Cool, thanks!

Just saw Brownell's has the 12 rounders for 35.99.  Best price I've seen.

The p365 hasn't been on my radar at all to be honest, but after holding on today at the NRA show it definitely got my attention.  That capacity in such a small package was pretty cool.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JAlexanderMSgt said:

Nashville Gun Shop had one yesterday evening for 675

And this is what pisses me off about a lot of firearm related businesses, “scalping” items while it’s hard to get. Full retail is $599, so that extra $76 is “F you” money . What these dumbasses don’t get is that the long term effects on their businesses is actually negatively impacted. I guess he wants to take his wife to the longhorn on that extra money, tonight , so badly that he doesn’t care if he costs himself some potential customers who will never darken his doorsteps.

1 hour ago, tntnixon said:

And this is what pisses me off about a lot of firearm related businesses, “scalping” items while it’s hard to get. Full retail is $599, so that extra $76 is “F you” money . What these dumbasses don’t get is that the long term effects on their businesses is actually negatively impacted. I guess he wants to take his wife to the longhorn on that extra money, tonight , so badly that he doesn’t care if he costs himself some potential customers who will never darken his doorsteps.

I agree, I didnt buy there because of that.  I bought one for significantly less at one of my regular shops today instead. .  I coulda waited and maybe got it cheaper later, but the shop I got it at coulda sold it for more and got away with it, but diidnt.  I want to go shoot it tomorrow.  I'll post a range report afterwards.

14 hours ago, JAlexanderMSgt said:

Nashville Gun Shop had one yesterday evening for 675

good gracious! I got mine for $499 at one of our local shops. He was getting them on a pretty regular basis so if guys don't mind a 1.5 drive you can say some dollars. 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, JAlexanderMSgt said:

I agree, I didnt buy there because of that.  I bought one for significantly less at one of my regular shops today instead. .  I coulda waited and maybe got it cheaper later, but the shop I got it at coulda sold it for more and got away with it, but diidnt.  I want to go shoot it tomorrow.  I'll post a range report afterwards.

Took it to the range today.  I was a little concerned, reading of many failures to return to battery, and the slide on mine is way tight!  But I shot over 200 rounds with nary an issue! I found it quick to get a sight picture, triggervwas great, and I could hold on to it just fine with e stock ten round mags.  I’ve got 5 more mags, 12 rounders, coming in Monday or Tuesday.   Because of the issue I saw online, I’m still not ready to trust it as an edc, so next week, I’m putting another couple hundred rounds through it and if that works out I’ll be carrying that sucker every day!  

BTW, the mags are expensive most everywhere, but I got some 12 round mags at brownells.com for 35.99 each.

• Like 2

Question for others that have this gun:  Although mine shot very well at the range, the slide sure appears VERY tight, especially when you first start to rack it.  This is why I thought a might have failure to go into battery issues, but i did not.  Its so tight that i bet those with arthritis or some women might not even be ABLE to rack it.  IS this normal?  Im taking it back to the range Saturday to put a few hundred more rounds through it, and if I have no issues, it will become my EDC weapon.  Any comments form owners?

10 hours ago, NickinTN said:

I'm thinking it's probably more of a spring issue than the slide being tight. A gun this small takes a pretty heavy recoil spring to keep things manageable. 

Of course I could be wrong. 

Well, if so, I can live with that.  I just want to make sure that its normal for this gun.  I plan for it to be my EDC after my second firing session this coming Saturday.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:18 PM, JAlexanderMSgt said:

Question for others that have this gun:  Although mine shot very well at the range, the slide sure appears VERY tight, especially when you first start to rack it.  This is why I thought a might have failure to go into battery issues, but i did not.  Its so tight that i bet those with arthritis or some women might not even be ABLE to rack it.  IS this normal?  Im taking it back to the range Saturday to put a few hundred more rounds through it, and if I have no issues, it will become my EDC weapon.  Any comments form owners?

Back to the range today for another few hundred round, both JHP and FMJ.  No issues at all.  Small guns are not exactly fun to shoot for me, but this one isnt bad at all. The new 12 round mags i got made a huge difference in my ability to grip the weapon.   They made me shoot netter too.  Only thing I noticed was that the front sight is very easy to acquire, but the rear sight was not.  Mine has the xray sight on front and reg sig night sights on rear.

Edited by JAlexanderMSgt

Ran another 100 rounds through mine this weekend, with no issues. Up to 700 rounds now with the rear sight being the only problem I've had. 

Odd that you have the regular night sights on the rear, can  you post a pic? 

9 hours ago, NickinTN said:

Ran another 100 rounds through mine this weekend, with no issues. Up to 700 rounds now with the rear sight being the only problem I've had. 

Odd that you have the regular night sights on the rear, can  you post a pic? 

Am I right that the rear sights are regular night sights?IMG_2369.jpg.7819ac3590c1868053970607dcd70c42.jpgI love the front sight, the rear, not somuch...

Thanks.  I was actually hoping they were not, lol.  I have a harder time acquiring the rear sights compared to the front.  Maybe later on after its been on the market for a while, there will be some aftermarket rear sights that are easier rot see.  

This is a really neat gun but Sig needs to get back to the days of building quality guns without having to release multiple versions. Apparently this is the 2nd generation 365. The first run had issues with the guns not going fully into the battery. Now MAC is claiming that he has a lot of viewers messaging him to say that their firing pin broke. I guess there will be a gen 3 coming out at some point. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

This is a really neat gun but Sig needs to get back to the days of building quality guns without having to release multiple versions. Apparently this is the 2nd generation 365. The first run had issues with the guns not going fully into the battery. Now MAC is claiming that he has a lot of viewers messaging him to say that their firing pin broke. I guess there will be a gen 3 coming out at some point. 

Lordy, I hope not...

18 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Not sure I'd call it a Gen 2 really, just minor changes and/or upgrades. Sights were changed (upgraded in most peoples opinion) and a change to the recoil spring.  Phil Strader posted the comments I pasted below. The firing pin issue may be somewhat overblown, of course not if you were one of the few with issues.

JAlexander - pretty sure the dovetail for the P365 is the same as the P320 so there are already a ton of sight options out there if you want to change them. The X-rays will be easy to sell.

Hello all,

The P365 has been getting great attention since its release, as well as some helpful feedback from our customers. It has been this feedback that led Sig Sauer engineers to fine-tune the platform with outstanding results.

One matter that recently surfaced was on striker tips fracturing. Over the last 6 weeks, we have calculated that the number of fractured striker tip returns account for 0.08% (0.0008) of the P365s shipped to date. Although this number is extre...mely low, we ALWAYS strive for continuous improvement. After a detailed parts analysis by our vendor, it was found that an extremely small percentage of strikers were out of spec due to start-up issues. This issue has been resolved.

Some P365 customers have also noticed “primer drag”. This is a result of the fast slide speed and unlocking time of this platform. It is completely normal and has absolutely no effect on striker endurance.

We are extremely pleased with the performance of the tens of thousands of P365s that have been delivered to date. As tens of thousands more are built and shipped, we will continue to improve our product line and never settle for anything less than complete customer satisfaction.

For consumers that have any questions about the P365 or any other Sig Sauer product, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service department at (603) 610-3000

7 hours ago, NickinTN said:

JAlexander - pretty sure the dovetail for the P365 is the same as the P320 so there are already a ton of sight options out there if you want to change them. The X-rays will be easy to sell.

All interesting, but I'd really like to figure out some rear sights that suit me better. Thats only thing Id change at this point.  Ill have to do some research on the 320 sights and see if that migfht work for me...Thanks,.

The Trijicon HD have been my go to sights on all my handguns except an Ed Brown 1911. The Sig X-ray sights were developed by some former Trijicon engineers according to a discussion I had with a Sig rep before buying mine. The only shooting difference I have noted is the color of the front sight. My HDs are all orange for fast pick up. I am still able to use the P365 X-ray sights at nearly the same speed. The rear sight is purposefully muted with no color to quicken front sight pick up. Work with them a bit and you’ll get the hang of them. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StarRaider said:

The striker pins have been breaking on some of these pistols, SIG says an off-spec batch of MIM material was used in manufacturing some of the strikers.

Wonder if they would say which batch, other than waiting to see if mine breaks,..