1 minute ago, Ahitchc4 said:

Looking for a quality safe for a good price. Nothing too large though. Ideally around a 20 gun size. I travel pretty frequently if you have one outside of Nashville and I have a truck. 

If I ever leave my house , the safe stays and I’ll have a new one installed at my new house . Have you ever moved a safe ?

2 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I am still trying to wrangle enough muscle to move a 32+ one from my Dad's.

At one point a few places had white glove delivery on new ones, but have not seen it in a while at the big places. 

My house is on top of a big hill and my driveway is straight up . They were gonna deliver mine at the bottom on the curb. The driver happily accepted my $100. Best money I ever spent .

You may want to go smaller if you plan to move it around much. My small (and first) safe is a Winchester I think 10 gun safe I bought at Tractor Supply on sale for under $300. It weighs around 200 lbs and I have moved it twice and helped 2 other fellows move the same model safe into their house. Just about the limit that 2 people and a moving cart can move easily. My big safe was installed by 2 guys that I paid $300 to deliver and install and they made it look easy, but at around 800lbs it will probably go with the house if we move.

Stack-on sells some very light weight and cheap security cabinets that can be moved by one person and a cart. When you finally land in a longer term place to live use them for ammo storage and buy a real safe. You give up fire protection and max security but better than a corner or a closet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I am still trying to wrangle enough muscle to move a 32+ one from my Dad's.

At one point a few places had white glove delivery on new ones, but have not seen it in a while at the big places. 

Two local guys moved a 400+ lb safe using some pry bars to lift one end, a bunch of golf balls to roll it out on, & a cut 2x4 made into a frame to fit around the bottom rear & sides of the safe to keep the golf balls from slipping out from under it. Unfortunately these scumbags were stealing it & were later caught & arrested, but the golf ball idea worked like a charm. The police said they had it moved & loaded in about 10 minutes. Just an idea. (Not the stealing part...the moving part.)