Best Gun Grease?

Hello, I will take the new Browning BT-99 this Wednesday. I wanted to know what gun grease I should use with my gun? This is my first open opportunity, so I want to give the best care i can provide. Please recommend grease that is easy to find at the local Gun Shop, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop and more. And the best way to protect the wood from the gun, which Browning told me to eliminate a little Rem Oil. Thanks Eric

Edited by Gillette

Go to an auto parts store and get a small tub of molybdenum grease.  It will cost you only a few dollars and will last you for many years.  I've used it for probably the last two decades on every one of my guns.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 3

Maybe worthless, but my new V-BOB came with a sample of TW25b with recommendations to use (lightly) on the rails.  Now, it is certainly marketing, but a high end production 1911 manufacturer is endorsing the product.  At the very least, I would think you could rest easily that it won't hurt anything (used as directed.)

55 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Someone here recommended Tetra in the past. I use that on my 1911 with good results. I'm sure that any of the previous recommendations in this thread would be fine though. 

Tetra is just white lithium grease advertised for guns . I just use the cheap “generic “ version and it works great .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, peejman said:

I use TW25b. The syringe makes it easy to apply a small amount only where you need it without getting grease everywhere. 

https://www.mil-comm.com/tw-25b/tw25b-light-grease-lubricant-protectant

As for the wood, I just wipe down with a silicone impregnated gun towel. 

Just saw this topic. Funny because my tube of TW25b just arrived from Amazon today. 

I've read several places that this is the gun grease used by all branches of our armed forces.