It's that time again!!!!

I just took down my seed feeders for winter feeding and got out my Hummingbird feeders out and getting ready to clean them up for this coming summer. I'm hoping to have a lot of birds this year. Last Fall I invested in 4 more new feeders when they went on sale so will have 10 up this year................:clap:

We had one or two a couple weeks ago, or the last warm spell we had (whenever that was), and then it turned cold and wet again.  Saw one today at our feeders after the wife change the "green" water out for some fresher stuff.  LOL

:eek: Gosh they are early this year. I guess I better go get 10bs of sugar and make up the food and get my feeders up tomorrow. We must be getting the early passer thru's going up east but the home birds will be right behind them.........:cheers:

Edited by bersaguy
2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I just wrote a check to uncle Sam big enough to support a large illegal family in perpetuity. I thought this thread would be about the IRS.

We cant have a thread about the IRS. It would look like this: $%^& the lousy %!^&*"}<>#% sons of <+-{]#$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was talking with a buddy this morning and he just stopped by wth a 10 lb bag of sugar for me. I told him I was going out to get some and he was already out so picked it up for me. Gonna make up some food and fill a few feeders and get them up...............:clap:

• Like 1

Well I put my 4 of my Feeders up the day my buddy brought me the sugar. I thought I saw one that day but was not sure. I'm sure now!!! I've got 4 feeders up at present and 3 birds fighting over them so I will put up the second 4 tomorrow and that will have 8 up. I am going to buy 2 more and have 10 up until I have to move which now looks like late Fall early Winter and they should be gone by then anyway for the year. I will need them where I am going anyway cause my daughter has two feeders she puts up every year and always has birds fighting over them but she forgets to keep the water fresh sometimes so when I move out there we will have 12 feeders up and I will tend to them. I know a guy that lives about 8 miles from them and he always has 10+ birds every year so I'm hoping I can have that many or more!!!! It is so relaxing just sitting outside watching them put on  their show.!!!!!

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

We have 2 males and 2 female. They came last Monday. I have feeders on my front porch a nd one in the back of my house right outside my bay window with my dinner table in front of it. We been watching the 2 males fighting over it every meal. 

Edited by pop pop

We have 2 pair here, and I believe the build their nests at SIL next door, come over here and squabble all damn day, then go back next door to sleep.  Then repeat several times an hour.  LOL  They are fun to watch, I am amazed at how they can fly so fast, stop in 2 feet, then dive bomb another one.  LOL

14 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

If we could engineer something of equal speed to size ratio and maneuverability. We would be set. Though the pilots might not do so hot until they ran a few missions. I don't even want to know the g's that they would pull.  

Our military has a bird that can fly at some pretty remarkable speeds and do some really crazy manuvers when trying to get a missile off it's butt and yea the pilots don't fair well when the computer takes over the controls but the plane normaly makesit back home. It is the Raptor we have been flying for the last couple years. Oh yea, it cannot hover. 

When in AZ we had a couple of feeders and the blackheaded hums came around proper. A few were so bold as to land on offered fingers, and others would criuse up to eye level n stare.. go BOO and theyd do these most amazing in-air backward tumbles till they righted themselves.

I can remember back about 10 years ago when I had a ton of birds, like 50+ and I had like 5 feeders up, keeping them full was a full time job.....lol. On weekend I was gone to fish a tournament and when I got back and got up early Monday morning there was birds everywhere and empty feeders. I have the food made and in the fridge so I went out and got 2 feeders and brought them inside and filled them and went back out to hang them along my patio and there was 5 birds on the feeders feeding while I was toting them to the hooks. I got the other 3 filled and had birds on the while walking to the hangers. That was when I went and got 2 more feeders and put them up and that evening I sat on the patio and watched the show and it was one heck of a performance from about 6 Pm till dark. I made sure I got my neighbor to keep them full when I went out of town from then on.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, seez52 said:

I put my feeder up. Had three birds. Had them for a week or so. Put up an additional feeder now I have none. What's the deal? 

Gentrification of the neighborhood, drives away the natives every time ...