A very unpractical purchase but I an HAPPY !

I was listening to Guns And Leather radio hour a few weeks ago. They mentioned they had Mossberg Shockwaves in 20 gauge on sale for $339 . I always wanted one but in 12 gauge. I waited a week and then got one of the 20 gauge. I am so glad I went with the 20 gauge. It is way more manageable than I thought and still has a good thump towards the target or bad guys. With the 14 inch barrel it's neat as neat could be ! Plus I figured if there was another "Clinton ban" these things would definitly get banned so why not get one now.  I am all about practical weapons and practical tools but this thing is fun and can be. It can also hide very well in a car or truck to just bring along If you're checking on some farm stuff or just riding down the road messing around and too lazy to strap on a pistol. I am very pleased with it. It is the most unpractical thing I ever bought but it is truly fun. I'm keeping the forearm strap on it cause I can see how your hand could slip past the forearm and get blasted by the muzzle very easily.  You cant beat $339 for something like this . Here's it is . I slathered on a heavy coat of Ballistol after shooting it so that's why it looks wet especially on the bolt.  Thanks to Guns And Leather !

FullSizeR (3).jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 6

I have one in 12 gauge. It goes everywhere with me in my truck, and I can't think of a better tool to go along with my side arm while in the woods or camping. Talon makes a grip cover for it. I thought about that or stippling, but for the time being I have a bike inner tube on it and that seems to be just the ticket. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, res308 said:

I have one in 12 gauge. It goes everywhere with me in my truck, and I can't think of a better tool to go along with my side arm while in the woods or camping. Talon makes a grip cover for it. I thought about that or stippling, but for the time being I have a bike inner tube on it and that seems to be just the ticket. 

I love it . And you're right on with it being able to go places like the woods or camping

15 minutes ago, hipower said:

All you guys are making me want one! Mossy or Remy? Still thinking.

Think a 20 in either. Any comments on either one?

The Mossberg has the safety right in the middle so a left handed or right handed person can use it. The Mossberg is an old proven design , but then again the Remington is too , but I don't like the Remingtons since they got bought out. Quality has went to crap. I say go with the Mossberg.

1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

The Mossberg has the safety right in the middle so a left handed or right handed person can use it. The Mossberg is an old proven design , but then again the Remington is too , but I don't like the Remingtons since they got bought out. Quality has went to crap. I say go with the Mossberg.

Mossy holds an extra round, too, 5+1.

- OS

• 1 month later...

I want one in 20 gauge.  I have a no stock, piston grip only  mossberg 500 persuader in 12ga and don’t like the felt recoil with it.  Only drawback to those smaller shockwave styles is the reduced number capacity.  If I can find one to trade something for I might just do it. 

10 hours ago, sybo said:

I have the 20 gauge and man, what an interesting amalgamation of pistolas  and shotty! I LOVE mine. Try and find some #1 buckshot, knarly!

Good luck finding #1 shotshells. Many years ago when I bought my Mossberg Camper the largest I could find was #2.

I'm going to have to look around, I think I still have it somewhere. It's a great little gun.

Stock photo:

mossberg_camper.jpg

On 6/10/2018 at 12:45 PM, JAlexanderMSgt said:

I want one in 20 gauge.  I have a no stock, piston grip only  mossberg 500 persuader in 12ga and don’t like the felt recoil with it.  Only drawback to those smaller shockwave styles is the reduced number capacity.  If I can find one to trade something for I might just do it. 

You all know they make an adapter for the Shockwave that allows the use of Aguila mini shells (1-3/4") and they come in #7 bird shot, #1 Buck and 7/8 Oz slug.  Almost doubles the capacity of the Shockwave! 

You can pick up an adapter for these little shells for $17, but they are currently out of stock.http://www.opsolmini-clip.com

• Like 1