Gas!!

Demand has gone up. I was asking why diesel prices continued to be high while gasoline was low so I Googled it. The economy is so booming that the demand for diesel skyrocketed while gas fell. Now that vacation time approaches the demand increases. Gotta love capitalism, don'cha know!

Edited by SWJewellTN
4 minutes ago, peejman said:

Summer driving season. Normal. 

That's true but oil prices are at their highest level in 3 years. There is a lot going on around the world right now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/us-crude-rises-as-oil-stockpiles-fall-gasoline-demand-hits-record.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2018-04-11/oil-prices-reach-3-year-high-amid-global-tension

2 hours ago, peejman said:

Summer driving season. Normal. 

I am aware that fuel prices always jump for summer but normally that just begins about May 15th getting ready for Memorial Day and the beginning of Summer. They started this tme before Easter and have just kept going up this time..............:mad:

1 minute ago, Raoul said:

Also refineries change to summer blend so refineries are typically idle for a period.

Yea that too. They have plenty of reasons to screw the public out of their hard earned money and that is another one of them............JMHO

We are in Ohio visiting my Mother and filled up yesterday around noon. Went by the same station this afternoon and the prices had jumped  33 cents.

Not sure what happened but glad I filled up when I did.

I suspect I am spoiled. I don't drive my personal vehicles anymore. I have a company vehicle with a company fuel card.

I get that it has no bearing on the conversation at hand. I just wanted to remind myself of the small things that make my life awesome.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Murgatroy said:

I suspect I am spoiled. I don't drive my personal vehicles anymore. I have a company vehicle with a company fuel card.

I get that it has no bearing on the conversation at hand. I just wanted to remind myself of the small things that make my life awesome.

#metoo

I still have a personal truck for pulling the boat to the lake but that's about all it does.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I noticed it coincided nicely with the missile launch on Syria. Wall street speculators have more control on gas prices than anyone.

I agree. Oil speculators seem to drive the prices more than OPEC.

32 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Some news sources said Syrian troubles. Since we don't get a ton of oil from Syria, my money is on the speculators.

Syria is not a big oil exporter, so it’s definitely not the issue . We are actually pretty much energy (oil) independent right now (never thought I’d see that happen ). The problem is the playing on people’s fears and knowledge deficits . People are dumb enough to think every country in the Middle East can alter the petroleum landscape, this simply isn’t true. 

• Like 1

I have always been against crude oil and all other Fossil fuels being traded on the stock market cause they could control the prices manipulate them to where ever they wanted them to go andFossil Fuels effects everything is in out lives besides gasolene and diesel. They control all the prices on the food we eat, the shirts on our backs and everything else moved by trucks.

What upsets me the most is it does not cost anywhere as much to refine diesel as it does gasolene but they charge twice as much for it. Same way with heating oil for homes costs twice as much as gas to buy but not to make. And then there is Propane which is nothing more than a fuel by product that comes from the refining of Crude to make other fuels. If they could not have found a use for it they would have just burned it off to get rid of it.

Went to the Co-op this afternoon to fill 2 five gallon tanks for my mower with non ethanol gas. While there, I decided to top off my truck. $62 dollars later, I was on my way. I didn't look at the price, but it was surely over $3 a gallon.