Can't Attach Pictures or Files

Recently, I am not able to attach files (pictures mostly and last was PDF file). That after reducing file sizes (pictures) to less than 7MB (7MB is stated below as a MAX). Typically, I reduce picture files to around 15KB range using FOTOSIZER program.  

I get various messages and a note to contact us. 

EX: just tired to choose a file (a PDF of like 165 KB) and got a MSG (not verbatim, but something like this): 

There was a problem uploading the file -- please contact us for assistance. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

We primarily require people to link to their photos from elsewhere and not expect that TGO will pay to host those photos for them.  The only place where we do that is in the Trading Post forums for items that are for sale/trade, and only then for the Benefactor members who have the ability to start new threads.

Everywhere else, you are expected to host with something like Photobucket, Imagur, Smugmug, etc.

I went to DaveTN 's post about IMGUR and procedure to then get picture into a post.

What I did did not work, think because I do not know how to use IMGUR?

Anyone have a step by step procedure to sue IMGUR?

Like: What is it? Do you have to send all your pictures there to start with?  If so, how do you sent the pictures. 

Thanks Oh Shoot. I figured something like that and did search GOOGLE for IMGUR and found the site.

I looked at it some. I did not try to upload any yet,  may give it a try. I guess it is either that or not worry about pictures on this web site. 

At least now I know what the problem was and how to do it.  

FOR INFO: 

I do a lot of MC Riding and take pictures of scenery, roads, and about everything interesting while riding. I post on a web site www.EastTNBikers.com ride reports, they have a great website for posting pictures. You just write what you want to say, then click attachments and call up like 20 lines for attaching - click those lines and search your computer files and attach your pictures one at a time. Up to so many total MBytes (I usually limit that to 20 pictures per reply). 

Another web site I use KIA NIRO for a car is sort of like that. 

Anyway, never used any outside storage to send pictures. Maybe, try IMGUR - see one can keep them private or I think present them in sort of a report.  

Depending on how long it takes to upload a picture or a file of pictures on IMUGR  I may not want to take time to post all my pictures on there. However, the MC Rides might be of interest to anyone planning a trip to East Tn for a ride if could also present a report with them.