Waffle House Shooting-Nashville

AuEagle

All Waffle Houses are posted under Corporate ,it is right inside door on the big sign only saying no weapons, no circle on door.

Legal posting? I would not want to find out so I do not go.  Bath Salt's and Firearms do not mix, but he may not have been

on anything as delusional do not need to be on anything. If you do not think you have anyone like that living near you or

a coworker you are kidding yourself as in Rand Pauls neighbor almost beating him to death over some cut brush in his yard.

After dealing with delusional people such as him  for many years I sometimes see someone about to go off the rails soon but most people would not see it coming and I do not know a one fix all for it.  If We do not Get Carol Swain (my Choice) or

Ralph Bristol elected Davidson Co. is so screwed.

Mr Mayor, this man was unlawfully in possession of the AR. So obviously both he and his father were willing to break the law. The same as all other criminals that kill people. So your answer is to disarm law abiding citizens that are the very last chance our citizens have to live?

I’m seeing the latest drug crisis is taking up a lot of time on the news. Possession of all of these drugs without a prescription is illegal; in most cases a felony. Other than having a brand new group of criminals to put in prison; how would outlawing guns be any different?

Nashville needs a new Mayor.

Months earlier, he had been charged in the D.C. Superior Court with unlawful entry, a misdemeanor, according to officials. They said he did not make any threats, and there was not much evidence at the time that he posed a danger to the public.

On July 26, Reinking entered into a deferred-prosecution agreement with the U.S. attorney’s office. He was ordered to perform 32 hours of community service and to stay away from the White House for four months. The case against him was dismissed in November after Reinking met the conditions of the agreement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/04/22/at-least-3-dead-several-wounded-in-waffle-house-shooting-near-nashville-police-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4d83e97eb8e9

39 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Mr Mayor, this man was unlawfully in possession of the AR. So obviously both he and his father were willing to break the law. The same as all other criminals that kill people. So your answer is to disarm law abiding citizens that are the very last chance our citizens have to live?

I’m seeing the latest drug crisis is taking up a lot of time on the news. Possession of all of these drugs without a prescription is illegal; in most cases a felony. Other than having a brand new group of criminals to put in prison; how would outlawing guns be any different?

Nashville needs a new Mayor.

When assholes like briley talk about gun control , they never talk about disarmament of criminals or doing door to doors in the hood. Nope , their answers are always to disarm the most law abiding citizens in the country. It’s not even about violence to them . The real goal is reliance on the government for everything including your own self defense .

I have almost never seen our police prevent a crime from occurring. That’s not their role . They are only there to investigate and apprehend after the crime has already occurred. If that’s our only defense , we’re all screwed.

Edited by tntnixon
  • Like 2

My daughter ALMOST was in this Waffle House right before the shooting. She normally goes there to eat after getting off work at her second job as a karaoke DJ up the street. She was about to turn into the Waffle House when she decided to just go home to fix breakfast since my wife and I were not home that night. Had we not been camping she would have arrived there right before the shooting. She said that she normally sits right at the counter by the front door with her back to the door.

First, we are blessed that she wasn't there. Second, I asked her if she still thought that her getting a HCP and carrying a gun was a bad idea to which she replied no. Third, I pointed out that you never position yourself with your back to the door, and that's why she's never seen me do it.

• Like 7

Any late word as to whether said nutbar is still out and about, wasting good oxygen?

Given yesterday's temps, rain, and the lack of proper clothing, even the most hyped up are not gonna last too long without hypothermia dropping them. If the authorities do catch him alive, my guess would be they pull him out of some hollow or thicket or such, denned up to keep what little body heat. Or in some abandoned outbuilding.

How did this joker GET to the Waffle House, I wonder? Clearly not any transportation, or if he had, he abandoned it in favor of walking about in cold wet woods in the middle of the night.

SWC

15 hours ago, Erik88 said:

it seems very odd that the guns can be returned to someone other than the owner.

That's normal, actually. It's like any other seized property in that if it qualifies to be returned, it is. But the SNAFU is that they can't return it to the owner because the owner isn't allowed to have them. So they return the firearms to a close friend or relative with the owner's permission. Often times the new owner will sell them on behalf of the original owner and give the money to the original owner.

13 hours ago, scooter said:

If he gave the gun to his son in Illinois, he broke state law. If he gave the gun to his son in Illinois while his son was visiting from and residing in another state, he broke federal law. If he traveled with the gun to another state and gave the gun to his son, he broke federal law. The only option not breaking the law would have been to transfer the gun to his son via an FFL while his son is residing in another state. I doubt he did that

There's another option and that's to loan the firearms. No time period is required but the legal ownership stays with the father in this case.

Lawful or unlawful transfer aside, I'm curious to see if the Illinois DA will bring criminal charges on negligent homicide. At the very least the father is going to lose everything in the multiple civil suits coming his way. https://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/violent_crimes/negligent-homicide.htm

Negligent homicide is a much lower intent crime and is used as a charge when one person causes the death of another through criminal negligence. The charge does not involve premeditation, but focuses on what the defendant should have known and the risks associated with what he did know.

Edited by monkeylizard
54 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

My daughter ALMOST was in this Waffle House right before the shooting. She normally goes there to eat after getting off work at her second job as a karaoke DJ up the street. She was about to turn into the Waffle House when she decided to just go home to fix breakfast since my wife and I were not home that night.

Back in 2010 in was in a bank about 10 minutes before it was robbed and I was armed with my Ruger LCR at the time. It's a very weird feeling later on when you start think about what might have happened. Obviously, this was a lot worse. I'm really thankful your daughter was not there. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

There's another option and that's to loan the firearms. No time period is required but the legal ownership stays with the father in this case.

The State of Illinois requires a FOID for possession of a firearm. Loaning him the firearm in Illinois would have violated Illinois law.

As for federal law, the father would have a difficult time to argue that what he was doing was loaning and not transferring ownership to someone residing out of state.

I meant loaning them across state lines to his Tennessee-resident son, assuming he's a legal resident of TN. That would not run afoul of any federal laws about interstate transfers. There's still the whole issue of the son being a prohibited person, but that's a different issue than the interstate transfer.

16 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I can't imagine many parents want to believe their child is nuts. I'm sure the dad is feeling pretty horrible right now if these details are true. 

I don't know IL law but it seems very odd that the guns can be returned to someone other than the owner. It's not like he was a minor at the time either. 

Here's how it works (or doesn't) in IL, from a Chicago Tribune article last year:

But when a FOID card is rescinded, Illinois State Police do not typically go to homes to confiscate that person's guns. State police Master Sgt. Matt Boerwinkle said the agency doesn't have the manpower to do that statewide, and rely on local police to follow up. Some local departments check on expired FOID card holders, he said, but many do not.

Instead, state troopers merely send a notice of the revocation to the cardholder and to local police. By law, the person must send a form to state police listing his or her guns and identifying another active FOID holder who will hold the guns during the revocation.

Police may not seize guns from a revoked FOID holder unless the holder fails to submit the form. Failing to do so is a misdemeanor and authorizes police to search for and seize the guns, but officials say that rarely happens unless the person is stopped for some other violation.

Edited by QuackerSmacker
6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

On another note, I'm really surprised he hasn't been caught yet. How far can a naked man possibly go on foot? 

I’m betting he killed himself in the woods . The weather makes using the dogs tough and if he shot himself , his body temp will match his surroundings, so IR won’t work .

Mentally ill and past history of suicidal ideation.  The longer he does not show up I predict the more likely he will ultimately be found dead from self inflicted injury.  There are still a lot of empty hills and woods around that area even with the development.

I don't know if he is still alive or dead but if dead I hope he burns in Hell and if alive I hope he is dead soon and burns in Hell. I hope his father is arrested after he is sued to the hilt by family members here and broke and living on the street!!!!

3 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I don't know if he is still alive or dead but if dead I hope he burns in Hell and if alive I hope he is dead soon and burns in Hell. I hope his father is arrested after he is sued to the hilt by family members here and broke and living on the street!!!!

Don’t be wishing that on him. I don’t want him going to the same place as me. 

I have another question that I am hhoping some ex or active LEO K-9 Officer can answer for me cause I don't understand this. When the K-9 is on a trail and is in persuit of a suspect like yesterday I know K-9 dogs are trained to take down and assailent why when the dog strikes the trail to they continue to keep the dog leashed? If they were to release the dog it could close on the bad guy much quicker, take the guy down and keep him down till help arrives. Being kept on the leash would make it easy for the officer to change directions and take the dog off the scent trail. I think that is exactly what happened yesterday........JMHO

1 minute ago, bersaguy said:

I have another question that I am hhoping some ex or active LEO K-9 Officer can answer for me cause I don't understand this. When the K-9 is on a trail and is in persuit of a suspect like yesterday I know K-9 dogs are trained to take down and assailent why when the dog strikes the trail to they continue to keep the dog leashed? If they were to release the dog it could close on the bad guy much quicker, take the guy down and keep him down till help arrives. Being kept on the leash would make it easy for the officer to change directions and take the dog off the scent trail. I think that is exactly what happened yesterday........JMHO

I talked to an officer about it just this morning . He said they couldn’t use the dogs in the weather .

6 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

Don’t be wishing that on him. I don’t want him going to the same place as me. 

Well if I knew of someplace worse I would wish he go there but from what I have been taught all my life is that is the worts place to go. All I can say is yall live in seperate neighborhoods

3 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

I talked to an officer about it just this morning . He said they couldn’t use the dogs in the weather .

They said the dogs had his trail for a short time but lost it. If when the dogs did have it they should have turned them loose then. Holding them back just gives the trail time to get washed away where if the dogs were able to move quicker they could hold the scent longer. Back when I was a kid my small hometown had a Doberman K-9 and LEO and he would turn the dog loose soon as the dog picked up the trail and the dog got the bad guy many times. Thats why I question why they don't let them lose here when they hit a scent trail. 

2 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Any late word as to whether said nutbar is still out and about, wasting good oxygen?

Given yesterday's temps, rain, and the lack of proper clothing, even the most hyped up are not gonna last too long without hypothermia dropping them. If the authorities do catch him alive, my guess would be they pull him out of some hollow or thicket or such, denned up to keep what little body heat. Or in some abandoned outbuilding.

How did this joker GET to the Waffle House, I wonder? Clearly not any transportation, or if he had, he abandoned it in favor of walking about in cold wet woods in the middle of the night.

SWC

They said 1000 at least times that he arrived driving that tan pickup truck and sat in it about 4 minutes just staring at people inside before climbing out and began shooting folks!!!!   

"How did this joker GET to the Waffle House, I wonder? Clearly not any transportation, or if he had, he abandoned it in favor of walking about in cold wet woods in the middle of the night."

SWC

One of these days there is going to be a Sheep Dog in one of the GUN FREE ZONES/ Killing Fields when some jerk idiot comes through the doors with a long gun dead set on killing folks and this sheep dog drops the bad guy like a bad habit. I'm looking forward to that day because I want to see how it is handled by the authorities and new medias. A good guy with a gun in a GUN FREE ZONE kills a Bad Guy with a gun (active shooter) and prevents a massacre. How much press time do you think the good guy will get?  "5 to 15 minutes maybe" but if the bad guy has an AR15 or similar firearm it will get 5 days of press time minimum. 

I have no doubt Good guys with guns shoot bad guys with guns every day. Why don't we hear about more of them?