Waffle House Shooting-Nashville

AuEagle

• Administrator

Here's a Waffle House shooting that occurred on Thursday, April 19th that none of us heard anything about...

http://www.ksla.com/story/38007080/man-shot-shot-inside-waffle-house-arrested-for-armed-robbery

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -
New Orleans police have arrested a subject in connection with a Third District armed robbery.

Ernest Thomas. 19, is charged with one count of armed robbery and one count of attempted armed robbery that occurred in the 2900 block of Elysian Fields.

Thursday night, two men entered the Waffle House restaurant located in the armed with semiautomatic handguns.

One man jumped on the counter and demanded money from the cashier. The perpetrator took $8 dollars from a customer.

Thomas stood on the side by the counter covering the staff and serving as a lookout, police said. A customer who was armed with his personal firearm drew his weapon as the perpetrator approached, then ran from the scene.

Thomas turned toward the armed customer and pointed his weapon at the customer. The customer fired several times and Thomas fled from the business, police said.

The armed customer informed the detectives he believed he shot the subject.  The witnesses saw the subjects flee in a white Chrysler south on Elysian Fields Ave.

Detectives located a blood trail outside the business to the area where the waiting car had been parked. Detectives alerted local hospitals for any recent gunshot victims.

A short time later, detectives learned a someone with several gunshot wounds to the back and arm had been dropped off on the emergency ramp at University Medical Center. Officers determined the man who was shot was Thomas.

Detectives recovered the suspect’s bloody pants and sneakers which matched the description of the perpetrator.

Hospital security footage showed a white Chrysler which matched the description of the perpetrators vehicle pull on to the ramp at a high rate of speed and the suspect exiting the vehicle and walking into the emergency room.

The subject had been shot in the lower back, hip, and arm. Detectives checked with NOPD dispatch there had been no reports of gunshots in the city for the time period.

The investigation remains open and active. More charges may be filed against Thomas.

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Here's a Waffle House shooting that occurred on Thursday, April 19th that none of us heard anything about...

http://www.ksla.com/story/38007080/man-shot-shot-inside-waffle-house-arrested-for-armed-robbery

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -
New Orleans police have arrested a subject in connection with a Third District armed robbery.

Ernest Thomas. 19, is charged with one count of armed robbery and one count of attempted armed robbery that occurred in the 2900 block of Elysian Fields.

Thursday night, two men entered the Waffle House restaurant located in the armed with semiautomatic handguns.

One man jumped on the counter and demanded money from the cashier. The perpetrator took $8 dollars from a customer.

Thomas stood on the side by the counter covering the staff and serving as a lookout, police said. A customer who was armed with his personal firearm drew his weapon as the perpetrator approached, then ran from the scene.

Thomas turned toward the armed customer and pointed his weapon at the customer. The customer fired several times and Thomas fled from the business, police said.

The armed customer informed the detectives he believed he shot the subject.  The witnesses saw the subjects flee in a white Chrysler south on Elysian Fields Ave.

Detectives located a blood trail outside the business to the area where the waiting car had been parked. Detectives alerted local hospitals for any recent gunshot victims.

A short time later, detectives learned a someone with several gunshot wounds to the back and arm had been dropped off on the emergency ramp at University Medical Center. Officers determined the man who was shot was Thomas.

Detectives recovered the suspect’s bloody pants and sneakers which matched the description of the perpetrator.

Hospital security footage showed a white Chrysler which matched the description of the perpetrators vehicle pull on to the ramp at a high rate of speed and the suspect exiting the vehicle and walking into the emergency room.

The subject had been shot in the lower back, hip, and arm. Detectives checked with NOPD dispatch there had been no reports of gunshots in the city for the time period.

The investigation remains open and active. More charges may be filed against Thomas.

Which points to my earlier post. Armed citizens will never get treated like a hero by the media .

• Like 2
On 4/25/2018 at 6:04 AM, DaveTN said:

June 2017: The suspect was accused of threatening someone with an AR-15 while wearing a pink dress outside of a public pool. According to the incident report, he then stripped naked and jumped into the pool before repeatedly flashing his genitals to the lifeguards ordering him to leave. Police responded, but the suspect ultimately wasn’t charged with a crime. When officers inquired about the AR-15, which the suspect had placed back in the trunk of his car, they determined he had a valid Illinois firearms license and did not seize the gun.

The accused man’s father told police that he had previously taken three rifles and a handgun away from his son and locked them up over concerns regarding his mental health. The father returned the firearms to his son because the father wanted to move out of state.

Officers told the father that he should consider locking up the firearms again until the suspect received mental health treatment, and the father said he would.

would like to find out “The Rest of the Story” behind this. Threatening someone with a deadly weapon is Aggravated Assault in Illinois, a felony. Not many Police Officers in any state would let someone like that go. I wonder if he was arrested and not charged, if this is the case where he got court supervision and then a dismissal, or if his family had the contacts to keep him out of the system.

I never saw a Judge in Illinois release a firearm to anyone that was charged with a crime. Any plea bargain always required that the weapons be destroyed.

But this is a case that shows even when laws are in place they won’t stop a criminal.

The article below under, "A Long List of Red Flags", from the Washington Post gives the impression that maybe Police personally knew the Father, who was out of town at the time, and gave him a heads up on the incident.  There were two separate incidents that occurred on the same day, 6/6/17.  The Parents are supposedly wealthy, so maybe they are well known within the community, thus a possible reason for the call from Police, but who knows for sure.  Only a theory on my part.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/04/23/waffle-house-shooting-travis-reinking-manhunt-continues-nashville-police-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c1ac435b0594

Edited by volshayes
14 hours ago, TGO David said:

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -

Unfortunately I have a reason why this good citizen isn't more prominently mentioned... reprisals by any of the criminals' friends/family/posse/what-have-you.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Unfortunately I have a reason why this good citizen isn't more prominently mentioned... reprisals by any of the criminals' friends/family/posse/what-have-you.

So your theory is that the media is protecting the armed citizen?

Really?

2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

So your theory is that the media is protecting the armed citizen?

Really?

Of course they are . Remember how they protected us by publishing every hcp holder in Tennessee’s name and address in the Tennessean? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tntnixon said:

Of course they are . Remember how they protected us by publishing every hcp holder in Tennessee’s name and address in the Tennessean? 

I had heard of this happening elsewhere, didn't recall it being done here.  Is that issue available still?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Omega said:

I had heard of this happening elsewhere, didn't recall it being done here.  Is that issue available still?

It was in an online, searchable database. The state took action to make that info private. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

As I recall, a newspaper out of Memphis did it.

The Commercial Appeal got in on the action as well. They’re both Gannett papers so I imagine that it was the same database with the different masthead slapped on the top depending on which link you followed to it. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
19 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The Commercial Appeal got in on the action as well. They’re both Gannett papers so I imagine that it was the same database with the different masthead slapped on the top depending on which link you followed to it. 

Yes, it was all of the newspapers flying under their banner. A joint venture.

6 hours ago, Omega said:

Well dang, that's two hit lists I am on now.  

I'm on a fair few, myself.

Both of the silver trading websites I frequent.

ZeroHedge, NewsMax.

Being a General class HAM, so I'm on fcc.gov.

ARRL member, too.

Ex-military.

Ex-military intelligence (Heaven help us all)

Registered Republican

Electronic signatory of the Mount Vernon Accord.

Owner of a firearm.

Seller of firearms.

And that's twelve off the top of my head.

I've had more than my share of clicks and crackles on my phones, both landline and cell, over the years.

Can't say that I'm greatly worried.

Can say I hope "they" are.

SWC

6 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

I'm on a fair few, myself.

Both of the silver trading websites I frequent.

ZeroHedge, NewsMax.

Being a General class HAM, so I'm on fcc.gov.

ARRL member, too.

Ex-military.

Ex-military intelligence (Heaven help us all)

Registered Republican

Electronic signatory of the Mount Vernon Accord.

Owner of a firearm.

Seller of firearms.

And that's twelve off the top of my head.

I've had more than my share of clicks and crackles on my phones, both landline and cell, over the years.

Can't say that I'm greatly worried.

Can say I hope "they" are.

SWC

You sound a lot like me. I am also a general class ham ex-military, ex-military intelligence as well as a few other.

• 3 weeks later...