Waffle House Shooting-Nashville

AuEagle

Amazing that Mayor Briley of Nashville willing to flat out state in CNN post news conference interview  that "we need to join the rest of the civilized world and make sure only people that can demonstrate a 'real need' for guns have them".  He's willing to state he is not willing to stop with those nefarious assault weapons.  (I guess he's taking his lead from the mayor of London who stated no one has a reason to carry a knife...that's how it is now going in Britain).  Briley clearly wants no part of the 2nd amendment.  

The gloves are coming off.  I think the only question remaining is not whether another assault weapons ban is enacted as soon as enough Gen Z under 20's can join the millennial voters.   The question is what sort of confiscation laws will be passed. 

Edited by Divotmaker
edit wording
52 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I doubt many people with an HCP are at Waffle House come 3am on a Sat night/Sun morning. 

There are many nights my SIL and I are in WH at 3AM. We go night fishing a lot and many times we hit the WH on our way home or many times we are there at that time or close to it on the way to a bass Tournament so you might be surprised how many folks you know may be there at that time of the morning!!!

1 minute ago, Garufa said:

So the the reports I’ve heard is his guns were consfiscated and Illinois firearms card revoked last year.  Guns were released to his father who then gave them back to the nut.

I can't imagine many parents want to believe their child is nuts. I'm sure the dad is feeling pretty horrible right now if these details are true. 

I don't know IL law but it seems very odd that the guns can be returned to someone other than the owner. It's not like he was a minor at the time either. 

• Authorized Vendor

Let's not address the naked nutjob running around with a weapon while on police radar but talk about the kind of weapon he had. I'm so sick of these dipsticks like Briley and his liberal ilk talking about something so stupid as banning a gun will prevent this stuff from happening. These morons want to make me puke.

Cudos on the man taking action to stop more bloodshed. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, Divotmaker said:

Amazing that Mayor Briley of Nashville

Nashville is swinging so far left that we may have to change its nickname from NashVegas to NashAngeles.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 7
13 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I can't imagine many parents want to believe their child is nuts. I'm sure the dad is feeling pretty horrible right now if these details are true. 

I don't know IL law but it seems very odd that the guns can be returned to someone other than the owner. It's not like he was a minor at the time either. 

Can you disprove the theory that a lot of these recent events may have been choreographed for a political reason?

1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Can you disprove the theory that a lot of these recent events may have been choreographed for a political reason?

Not anymore than someone could prove it I suppose. I'm of the belief that we have a lot of people in this country not getting proper treatment, or any treatment, for their mental health issues. If you take a country of 300 million it only takes a small percentage of really sick people to commit this type of thing. Of course some people are just evil too.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You can’t prove a negative. It’s not up to people to disprove a conspiracy but rather the conspiracy theorist’s job is  to prove the conspiracy beyond doubt . 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

Not anymore than someone could prove it I suppose. I'm of the belief that we have a lot of people in this country not getting proper treatment, or any treatment, for their mental health issues. If you take a country of 300 million it only takes a small percentage of really sick people to commit this type of thing. Of course some people are just evil too.

You are absolutely correct. The other side of the coin is that this type of person can often be easily manipulated as well.

3 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

You can’t prove a negative. It’s not up to people to disprove a conspiracy but rather the conspiracy theorist’s job is  to prove the conspiracy beyond doubt . 

Yep. But if the same people responsible are the only ones with the facts to be able to prove it isn't a tin foil hat conspiracy, it likely won't get proven.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

So the the reports I’ve heard is his guns were consfiscated and Illinois firearms card revoked last year.  Guns were released to his father who then gave them back to the nut.

I see several mistakes made from Law Enforcement /FBI to a stupid father knowing his son is a nut and they all have him on a watch list. The State of Illinois revokeed his firearms card which means he is not allowed to own or have one in his possession and his dumb azz Father gives them back to him. I think the father should be arrested for giving him back to him knowing he is not allow to have them...............JMHO

6 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I see several mistakes made from Law Enforcement /FBI to a stupid father knowing his son is a nut and they all have him on a watch list. The State of Illinois revokeed his firearms card which means he is not allowed to own or have one in his possession and his dumb azz Father gives them back to him. I think the father should be arrested for giving him back to him knowing he is not allow to have them...............JMHO

It seems that the father was likely breaking the law by transferring them to him. If in Illinois, against state law . If he transferred in Tennessee , against federal law for transferring across state lines . Someone correct me if I’m wrong . 

Edited by tntnixon
42 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

It seems that the father was likely breaking the law by transferring them to him. If in Illinois, against state law . If he transferred in Tennessee , against federal law for transferring across state lines . Someone correct me if I’m wrong . 

If he gave the gun to his son in Illinois, he broke state law. If he gave the gun to his son in Illinois while his son was visiting from and residing in another state, he broke federal law. If he traveled with the gun to another state and gave the gun to his son, he broke federal law. The only option not breaking the law would have been to transfer the gun to his son via an FFL while his son is residing in another state. I doubt he did that.

From Man wanted in deadly Waffle House shooting in Tennessee had delusions about Taylor Swift, arrested at White House:

In May 2016, police were called to a CVS parking lot, where Reinking was threatening to kill himself. Family present at the time said that Reinking had delusions since 2014 involving singer Taylor Swift, whom he believed was stalking and harassing him.

Reinking told officers that Swift had told him to meet her at a Morton Dairy Queen and had hacked his phone and Netflix account. Reinking also believed that his family and police were involved in the harassment, officials said.

At the time, Reinking's family informed police that he was in possession of firearms, but there is no record of any action being taken to remove the guns from Reinking's possession at the time.

In June 2017, Reinking exposed himself at a pool while wearing a pink woman's house coat, according to a police report. Earlier the same day, Reinking had gotten into a shouting match with a crane company employee, who said Reinking was wearing the house coat and holding an AR-15 rifle, the report said.