Parkland survivor questioned by officers after going to gun range with his father to learn to shoot

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/23/parkland-survivor-questioned-by-officers-after-going-to-gun-range-with-his-father-to-learn-to-shoot

Parkland student and Second Amendment advocate Kyle Kashuv told The Daily Wire he was questioned by school security officers on Monday, after they became aware that he had visited a gun range with his father on Friday.

Kyle posted pictures from his trip to the range, complete with a tweet:

But when he returned to school on Monday, he was pulled out of class and told to meet with two school security officers at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Kyle says the officers questioned him “intensely,” saying: “First, they began berating my tweet, although neither of them had read it; then they began aggressively asking questions about who I went to the range with, whose gun we used, about my father, etc. They were incredibly condescending and rude.”

Then, a Broward County sheriff’s deputy joined them and asked the same questions. Kyle asked if he could record the discussion, and was told he could not. After asking if he had done anything wrong, the teen says the officers answered that he had not.

Kashuv said that eventually, he asked why he had been called in to speak with them. “One said, ‘Don’t get snappy with me, do you not remember what happened here a few months ago?”

Kyle also said that one of the officers referred to him as the “pro-Second Amendment kid.”

He said he was further asked by one of the officers, “Kyle, you have such good grades, why would you do this?”

While other Parkland students have asked for gun control in response to the mass murder that occurred at their school on February 14, Kyle has pointed to the failing of law enforcement in the incident, saying that guns aren’t the problem.

In a tweet responding to his questioning, he said, “This is outrageous. Instead of looking for solutions or holding their own department accountable for countless failures, @browardsheriff’s officers are now harassing kids with views they don’t like. That department desperately needs new leadership and accountability.”

Teen Kyle was a guest of Tucker Carlson on Fox tonight, and both did a great job.  

Looks like that dumb sheriff has even more problems after this fiasco. His deputies are all turning on him.  Truth may actually prevail! 

Sayonara Scott Israel!  

You heard it here first.  Ok, well, maybe not. But bye bye Scott anyway. 

37 minutes ago, QuackerSmacker said:

Teen Kyle was a guest of Tucker Carlson on Fox tonight, and both did a great job.  

Looks like that dumb sheriff has even more problems after this fiasco. His deputies are all turning on him.  Truth may actually prevail! 

Sayonara Scott Israel!  

Just to expound upon that a bit:

Tremendous poise  for a teenager under pressure.  I suspect he did just fine with those bully cops.

Scott Israel, the Sheriff of Broward County, is under ferocious attack from his own deputies.  This may put a nail, if not the nail, in his professional coffin.

Bye Bye Scott!    All  he's done in handling a tragic shooting was to introduce cowardice, confusion, and misleading conclusions into the psyche of a terrorized local citizenry. And beyond that, he helped rile up half the country with fake news and a phony agenda that caught fire with Emma and Hogg.

We haven't heard the last of the Sheriff.   I predict he's got some very tough days ahead, and will need some damn good lawyers.  Stay tuned.

• Authorized Vendor

Kashuv said that eventually, he asked why he had been called in to speak with them. “One said, ‘Don’t get snappy with me, do you not remember what happened here a few months ago?”

Kyle also said that one of the officers referred to him as the “pro-Second Amendment kid.”

He said he was further asked by one of the officers, “Kyle, you have such good grades, why would you do this?”

That useless POS for a sheriff and those that questioned this kid need to get a life....outside of law enforcement. Perhaps this lad shouldn't even been questioned without his parents or a lawyer present. There seems sooo many things wrong with this picture.

• Like 3

Kudos to Kyle for grace under pressure. :up: I hope his parents burn those guys to the ground for questioning a minor without a parent or counsel present.

For all the talk about bullying these days, that's exactly what they tried to do.  :down:

I'd guess anything he said would be inadmissible given the method in which in he was questioned. 

Reminds me (and other parents, I hope) to talk to my kids about that and make certain they know they're not obligated to say anything at all without a parent present. :angry:

• Like 4
  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Well this certainly isn't the first time basic rights have been trampled. Back in my day it was free speech. It's the nature of governments to repress.

I keep telling people there’s another way...

• Like 1
  • Moderators
23 hours ago, Raoul said:

That's why ya gotta love the rabble rousers that framed the constitution.

Ehhhhhhh...not so much.  A critical reading of the Constitution compared to the Declaration of Independence will find them to be documents at cross purposes. While the addition of the Bill of Rights was an attempt to walk back sone of what the constitution actually accomplished, ultimately it was unsuccessful.  Whether by intention or simply poor design, the Constitution has enabled the government that subjugated us today to come into existence. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
19 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

So we should stop striving for better, to be freer because “hey, it could be worse”? 

Honestly, the only thing I’d change is originalist interpretation of the constitution and the law.

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

So we should stop striving for better, to be freer because “hey, it could be worse”? 

No, but also don't strive to go to another system that would be worse.  Would not want to end up like those other failed countries.  I prefer sticking to our roots so to speak, IMHO the Constitution and Bill of Rights is just fine as is, quit trying to muck with it.

• Like 2

Laws, rules, Constitutional amendments... all very well, but if not obeyed by and applied to everyone equally... worthless.

And we, in our trust... somewhat naive trust, betimes... are getting the painful end of the shaft, because we obey the rules, and our opponents do not. Simple as that.

Part of it is that consequences, or lack of them, have made the rulebreakers bolder. This poor kid... the wannabe sro's and the deputy dared obey what orders they were given to give this kid problems, because they are (were?) confident in their superiors concealing or shielding their actions.

A decided mistake, I think. Depends if the kid's parents decide to hit back with lawyers.

As to the apparent questions about the American system...

... Some quote along the line, and without coffee to help me remember it, too...

Something along the line that "American democracy is the worst system in the world... except when compared to all the others" or some such...

An error, there, though... The present American government model was supposed to be a constitutional republic, democratically elected. What we have now, it seems is a slow tumble toward a politically-correct-aided plutarchy.

I'll repeat from another entry. One of the characters in Pearl S. Buck's THE GOOD EARTH said it simply and well... "There is a way, when the rich are too rich, and the poor are too poor." Mind, RHL3 is quite right; we have the best-off poor of any country on the planet. But that's NOW. That it continues like that? I don't know, if, or for how long.

Where's that blasted coffee... instant, no less...

SWC

On 4/24/2018 at 11:07 PM, QuackerSmacker said:

Sayonara Scott Israel!  

Broward County Sheriff's Office Deputies Association just voted 534 out of 628  "NO CONFIDENCE" in their not-so-esteemed leader.   When he described his leadership as "amazing" --- well, it's amazing all right!

http://www.foxnews.c...iff-israel.html

Let's see if the main stream media even picks this story up. 

• Like 1