my first full AR-15

38 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

I will say that CTD and midway lost my business during that time . They jacked up their prices and discontinued their discount programs, respectively  . Now they are begging for my business . I do not forget!!!!

As for political donations from RIA and Springfield, I could likely be accused of the same thing . I have , at various times been a member of organizations that ended donating money to people and organizations I did not/do not support. As soon as I realized , I withdrew . However, if someone wanted to write and article about me or make a political ad, they’d likely use that to “prove” that I suck . 

A few corrections. It was RRA, not RIA. Also, the major issue was that SA and RRA actively supported a gun control law in Illinois that would have put many FFLs out of business. See EDITORIAL: Can Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms be Trusted for the Long Haul?

5 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

Well, myself, I ALWAYS value the opinion of a three year member who has posted only in controversy threads, mostly in the last month...

A classic passive aggressive post that says: I got nothing, but personal attacks I can do. This is your first post in this thread, so what does that say about you?

• Like 1

Well, somehow we left the thread.

I'd like to read about your range time, the Saint was about $250 more than the MP when I bought, though I recall the Saint having better furniture with easy bolt on accessory options.

Regarding Academy, I have neutral feelings. Some prices seem competitive, others, higher than elsewhere.

Normally a good selection of less common calibers if you're willing to pay.

Not particularly convenient, so I rarely shop there

• Like 1
1 hour ago, scooter said:

A classic passive aggressive post that says: I got nothing, but personal attacks I can do. This is your first post in this thread, so what does that say about you?

I was pretty sure that post said all it needed to say. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, enjoy your stay. ;)

11 hours ago, Gotthegoods said:

Well, somehow we left the thread.

I'd like to read about your range time, the Saint was about $250 more than the MP when I bought, though I recall the Saint having better furniture with easy bolt on accessory options.

Regarding Academy, I have neutral feelings. Some prices seem competitive, others, higher than elsewhere.

Normally a good selection of less common calibers if you're willing to pay.

Not particularly convenient, so I rarely shop there

i mostly shop for ammo when i need it, there is three gun stores where i live (i havent been to the third as it is still new) but academy is the easiest to get too

• Like 1
4 hours ago, scooter said:

It sounded more like your feelings were hurt, otherwise, why make a post like that in the first place? I guess I should make more happy-happy-joy-joy posts that agree with the echo chamber and stop with fact-based criticism to appease the Internet gun community snowflakes.

Snowflakes? Really?

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
4 hours ago, scooter said:

It sounded more like your feelings were hurt, otherwise, why make a post like that in the first place? I guess I should make more happy-happy-joy-joy posts that agree with the echo chamber and stop with fact-based criticism to appease the Internet gun community snowflakes.

I used to have a rule as an administrator.  I'll look at an account crossways once, but generally not twice. I've loosened that up a lot in the last couple of years due to feelings running high in politics. But, I think I've seen every post you've made in the last couple of months, and not a one of them has anything supportive or positive to say.

I think you've probably got some knowledge, but would rather tear people down than help them out.

I'm really busy right now - so I'm going back to my previous rule.

There are plenty of gun communities that are all criticism all the time.  Good luck finding one that fits you.

OP, congrats on the new rifle.

• Like 4

I had forgotten about Academy doing the whole hide the ARs thing.  But I must say, it's better than those Dicks saying they will no longer sell them.  I just ordered a micrometer for my hornady dies from them.

Is this where someone is supposed to sing Kum by ah. 

Dang, loosen up boys. OP, enjoy that rifle, have lots of fun, and stay safe. 

To those that should have known better, grow up or grow out. Regardless of any rules or role you may play. When you get personal on it you lose, period.