'Holy grail' of guns made: Company sells $4.5M pistols made from 4.5-billion-year-old meteorite

The Legion

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/04/26/holy-grail-guns-made-company-sells-4-5m-pistols-made-from-4-5-billion-year-old-meteorite.html

Talk about out of this world.

Cabot Guns, a high-end weapons company, is selling the most expensive guns ever made, a pair of handguns made from a 4.5 billion-year-old meteorite, SWNS reports. The pair is priced at $4.5 million. 

Known as the "Big Bang Pistol Set," the guns were forged from metals found in the Gibeon meteorite, which fell in Namibia and is named for the nearest town after it was discovered in 1836 by English captain J. E. Alexander.

US MILITARY'S MYSTERIOUS X-37B SPACE PLANE SPOTTED BY SATELLITE TRACKERS

Rob Bianchin, founder and president of Indiana-based Cabot Guns, said the guns have received plenty of attention for how they were made.

1524748639259.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

"I have been told by many collectors and experts that The Big Bang Pistol set are the 'holy grail' of collectable firearms," Bianchin said in comments obtained by SWNS. "These will be the crown jewel of any collection — they will appeal to both firearm collectors as well as those fascinated with space and engineering."

Bianchin noted that, "Gibeon meteorite [metals] exhibit the most desirable crystalline pattern and are the most desired of all iron meteorites."

Other items have been made from the Gibeon meteorite, including rings, bracelets and earrings.

The M1911 military-style pistols, similar to weapons used in WWI and WWII, are coated with a tanned-metallic rock and have the "Widmanstätten" on it. They are said to be attracting interest from far and wide, including a "hedge fund billionaire, a tech mogul, an industrialist and a royal."

"Man has been crafting weapons since the dawn of time, it predates speech," Bianchin said. "I don't believe anything more outrageous or complex in a pistol can trump this."

1524755041045.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Maybe the holy shetiorite. If the maker gets the asking price then two things are evident. One, I'm doing the wrong thing for a career. Two, I need to fabricate grips for them out of sacred cow dung and sell them to the buyer of the guns for a $1M a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, if I had that kind of money to spend, I would not be worried about the price tag.  Look at us now, many here buy $1-2K pistols and rifles, where as I have never broken the 1K mark on a weapon, all inclusive.

43 minutes ago, Omega said:

I don't know, if I had that kind of money to spend, I would not be worried about the price tag.  Look at us now, many here buy $1-2K pistols and rifles, where as I have never broken the 1K mark on a weapon, all inclusive.

I did once, tax included, years ago. Likely never do that gain. My ego is even smaller than my wallet, LOL

I read somewhere that they probably won't hold up to much shooting because they aren't made of heat treated modern steel.   Cabot has set their sights on the "more money than sense" crowd anyway.  They were making pretty unremarkable 1911s until they hired Rob from Alchemy Custom to teach them how to actually build a 1911 worth what they were charging.   I'm not sure they ever actually got there, but by most reports they're better.