Been a real rough week...

Punisher84

I always feel a bit odd posting this type of thread, but I've come to find a sense of solace on this board and the way I feel about the people here.

That being said, I just got a call from my Mom telling me my Grandfather is passing away. I'm going to see him as soon as I can get out of here (at work).

I don't have much family so after this it's pretty much just me and my Mom and my wife. My Granddad was my father figure growing up and we have always been extremely close. I've come to hold alot of my friends as close as family and, in a way, that includes many of you here.

I'm kinda rambling and obviously this is a little hard for me, but I wanted to just ask you guys to offer up some prayers. I just want him to go peacefully and to get a chance to tell him that I love him and that everything he taught me I will never forget.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Keep strong. I lost my grandfather a few years ago. I'm going to be honest and tell you that was one of the worst things I've had to endure. His passing was sudden and without warning; I never got a chance to tell him the things you're hoping to have a chance to tell yours. My prayer is that you'll get the opportunity and that you'll face the days ahead with the sort of strength and resilience that I'm sure would make him proud.

God bless.

Cherish the memories, hold them close to you. Tell him how loved he is.

I think i will hug the oldest grandson a little tighter tonight ( he is spending the weekend) I am sure your Grandpa would do the same for you.

Grieve not. Passing is another chapter of life.

Hang in there bud.

My prayers go out to you and your family. I also got a call today. About my Grandmother. I'll be driving down to Memphis tomorrow.

Sorry to hear man. Be safe driving down here. If you need anything while you're here pm me.

Cherish the memories, hold them close to you. Tell him how loved he is.

I think i will hug the oldest grandson a little tighter tonight ( he is spending the weekend) I am sure your Grandpa would do the same for you.

Grieve not. Passing is another chapter of life.

Hang in there bud.

Thanks Mike. It's been alot of reflecting tonight. It's funny how little things pop back into your head. I was fixing something for my Mom and I got a screwdriver out of his toolbox. I left the lid open and walked away, then I turned around and closed it. He always hated his tools being out of order. He said his tools were the only thing he could ever get arranged the way he liked. B)