Aquarium

About 14 months ago, my wife bought a 13 gal fishtank and 4 starter goldfish.

Had pretty good luck, though goldfish are not optimal for a long term aquarium.

I decided to upgrade to a 29 gal tank.

Traded in  the now 5" voracious goldfish and started stocking with a baby bristlenose pleco and 3 zebra danios to cycle the tank.

Went all plastic plants to reduce algae opportunity and installed an under gravel filter system.

Next weekend, I'll add 3 more zebras.

Once that school is established, Mrs. GtG wants  a school of 6 harelequin rasboras and Glofish brand white skirt tetras.

IMG_20180429_200616913.jpg

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

About 14 months ago, my wife bought a 13 gal fishtank and 4 starter goldfish.

Had pretty good luck, though goldfish are not optimal for a long term aquarium.

I decided to upgrade to a 29 gal tank.

Traded in  the now 5" voracious goldfish and started stocking with a baby bristlenose pleco and 3 zebra danios to cycle the tank.

Went all plastic plants to reduce algae opportunity and installed an under gravel filter system.

Next weekend, I'll add 3 more zebras.

Once that school is established, Mrs. GtG wants  a school of 6 harelequin rasboras and Glofish brand white skirt tetras.

IMG_20180429_200616913.jpg

That is a beautiful tank set up for sure. I use to be into aquariums big time. Back when my wife was alive we had 6 tanks. A 50 gallon in living room, 10 gal in all 3 bedrooms a Beta tank in the bathroom and a 35 gallon in the bonus(den) Love to watch the fish and listen to the pumps run at night when going to sleep. After wife passed away I kept the for a short time except for the Beta tank and the 35 I sold all the rest fish and all complete. Sold them so cheap I almost gave them away but was to much for me to keep up with. 1 couple bought the 50 and another couple bought all three 10's.

I converted the 35 into a critter tank and had Creek Crawfish and 2 silver dollar size turtles in it. Loved watching the Crawfish and learned a lot about them by watching them. I did add 3 more Beta tanks to my TV entertainment top in living room for a total of 4 and I would go to Walmart and buy the uglyest ones they had that no one else would buy cause I felt sorry for them. Did that about 15 years. Still got the tanks but not had fish for a while. Sold the 35 about 2 years ago

9 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Get rid of the undergravel filter. Put in either some kind of biowheel or another similar filter, makes cleaning easier.

I have biowheel power filters. They're pretty easy to clean but noisier than I'd like. 

Back years ago my brother up in Illinois owned a big auto body shop with a huge office and he had two 55 gallon tanks and a pet store about 2 miles away kept his tanks stocked with different kinds of fish. My brothers tanks were like holding tanks till he sold what was in his store and he would come and get more from my brothers tanks. We were up there visiting and he showed us some fish he had got in a week earlier. He had 3 5 gallon thanks under the big one and the food for the ones in the  1 big tank was stored. He dipped a small net of the food fish up and dumped them in the big tank and it was an instant feeding frenzy. He told us they were Snake Heads. I told him I was not sure but I thought it was illegal to import them into the country and he said that was Bobby's problem. Bobby owned the pet store. I said it will be your fault if your caught with them in your tank so he called Bobby and told him to come and get them. About a month later my brother told me Bobby got caught with them and got arrested and his business was now closed. I agree with HP. Pirannaha can be fun to watch at feeding time but they are tame compared to Snake Heads at feeding time.............JMHO

Edited by bersaguy

Did my first water change and partial gravel cleaning.

Added 3 more zebra danios, they are starting to school.

If they form a gang, would they be zebros?

The bristlenose pleco is pretty shy.

Next school will be genetically modified white skirt tetras, Glofish brand.

The last will be 4 panda Cory catfish or Otos

We used to have 4 or 5 tanks, the largest a 55 gal. We started out with the gold fish and ended up with saltwater.  I loved the live coral!!!  So interesting to watch!!!  Not really sure why we got out of them.  I also enjoyed cichlids  Beautiful fish!!!

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Sounds like it iscomingaling. We used to have several in the house. Now tgey are empty in the  garage. Just too much else to keep up with. 

I am tempted to restart the 13 for a fabulous Betta, just not tempted to commit.