Sold a gun I wasn't using and look what I got

Sold a gun I wasn't using and used the funds to get a brand new S.A. XD9 Service size in gray . Then got a new Areo Precision lower for $49 . I think this was a win win situation. People always say stuff about the "gripzone" shown on the grip but it don't bother me. It's a tool . Gonna build a simple AR slowly but surely as I go . XD from Rural King and Areo Precision lower from Tn Gun Country .

IMG_2507.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

I have never shot or handled one, please post after you shoot it up.

They aren't that bad at all. back around 2007 I had a XD9 and it was good. I just couldn't seem to engage the grip safety all the time. I guess the  web of my hand wasn't big enough. I can engage a 1911 grip safety all day long but the XD 's are a little different to me. I used one a while ago and now I seem to engage the safety pretty good. I was looking for a cheap truck gun used but at this price , might as well get a new one with a warranty and a proven track record. They may look like they have a high bore axis but it doesn't shoot that way nor recoil that way at all.

Edited by tercel89

My sons runs an XDM9 and it is a flat out wonderful shooter. I think you'll like that one, especially at a good price. Plus it came with a free cat!

Edited by res308
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I always liked the XD's. I think you get a lot of gun for the money and the GRIPZONE doesn't bother me either. 

I agree about the "gripzone" marking . It don't bother me at all. People seem to be bothered by it a lot. I see it just as things like on helicopters and such. " danger hot exhaust"  , things like that .

10 hours ago, tercel89 said:

I agree about the "gripzone" marking . It don't bother me at all. People seem to be bothered by it a lot. I see it just as things like on helicopters and such. " danger hot exhaust"  , things like that .

Is Springfield doing their gear giveaway right now? You might score 3 free magazines. 

Edit--yep, they sure are.

http://springfieldpromo.com/

Edited by Erik88
4 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

Good gun, nice cat.

That cat is sort of a rescue cat my son brought home. He's a nice cat but I've never saw a cat that eats and poops so much. Wags his tail like a dog and steals food from the dinner plates like a dog too. Sleeping in the window with no worries in the world.

IMG_2504.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1