Springfield Armory Cuts Dick’s Off Completely

I am not sure exactly how much Springfield supplied Dick's in the first place.

http://gunsgeardaily.wpengine.com/springfield-armory-cuts-dicks-off/

In a surprising move that is sure to get the full attention of the expected 20,000 protesters here at the NRAAM in Dallas, Springfield Armory has chosen to sever ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods, in a counter move to support 2nd Amendment rights.4

Springfield Armory® Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory announces its decision in response to Dick’s Sporting Goods’ attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans

• Like 1

While I’m sure the gun community will find great delight in this symbolic action, it means nothing to Dick’s bottom line.

Springfield Armory produces/imports handguns and M1A variant rifles.  Dick’s does not sell handguns and I doubt they sell M1A’s.

I have no idea about the Field & Stream stores.

52 minutes ago, Garufa said:

While I’m sure the gun community will find great delight in this symbolic action, it means nothing to Dick’s bottom line.

Springfield Armory produces/imports handguns and M1A variant rifles.  Dick’s does not sell handguns and I doubt they sell M1A’s.

Yeah. I figure this may have more impact...   

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/daniel-zimmerman/nssf-kicks-dicks-sporting-goods-to-the-curb/

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

As I’ve said before, the Dick’s I used to frequent when they sold guns & ammo, and got some great deals, stopped selling all such thing years ago.  Long before this foolishness.

Their business does not seem to be hurting at all with all the soccer moms, dads, and other assorted people shoppping there for whatever.  

There is a fully stocked Academy just a couple of miles away.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
41 minutes ago, Garufa said:

As I’ve said before, the Dick’s I used to frequent when they sold guns & ammo, and got some great deals, stopped selling all such thing years ago.  Long before this foolishness.

Their business does not seem to be hurting at all with all the soccer moms, dads, and other assorted people shoppping there for whatever.  

There is a fully stocked Academy just a couple of miles away.

Yeah. Their gun sales were tiny here too. But, they weren't pissing anybody off then. They are now. We'll see how it shakes out. I will never spend another penny with them. I would when they were just a crappy gun store.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Advertising?

Or for no other reason than SA can play Dick's games right back at them.

55 minutes ago, Rightwinger said:

The person that thought a business should be named that from the get go needs to be fired.

Also for your enjoyment, some other "unfortunate" business names

http://www.businesspundit.com/20-most-hilarious-yet-unfortunate-company-names-on-earth/

I happen to know that the arcade game business S&M Ammusements on that list has changed its name. I pass it every day. They go by FACE Amusements now. I always wondered how they missed that in their naming. 

On 5/4/2018 at 8:09 PM, Garufa said:

Maybe it won't mean anything to their bottom line, but what if all gun and ammo manufacturers joined together and did it? It certainly would hurt their sister store Field and Stream. I went in one of those last year, and they had a pretty good sized shooting section. The "Field" part of their name basically means hunting. Shutting off all gun supplies would eliminate half their sales

Then, what if like-minded, 2nd Amendment loving, fishing tackle companies also joined in? There's got to be some parent companies that own gun related companies, and other "sporting" companies. Cut those lines off too, just like CamelBack got the boot from REI just because they were related to a gunn company.

This is what the left wants to do... put honest gun shop owners out of business, by doing things like getting credit card companies to stop allowing sales. We actually have more power than we know, if we just joined together. We need to give them a taste of their own medicine.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 10:30 PM, TripleGGG said:

Probably just trying anything to reverse this.  They've been in a downward spiral for some time.

DKS chart.jpg

Apparently, it worked. Sales are way up, stock is up 27%, announced this morning.

May God save the republic, as we become dinosaurs...

2 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Apparently, it worked. Sales are way up, stock is up 27%, announced this morning.

May God save the republic, as we become dinosaurs...

We are indeed a dying breed. Most of the nation is a bunch of creampuffs dependent on someone else to feed and protect them as well as tell them what to do.

May God save the republic....

• Like 4