bad gunsmithing service

hey everyone, need your advice as i do not know what i should ask or how i should approach this, so about 3-4 weeks ago i dropped off my sks at a gunrange with onsite gunsmithing (wont name them here if you want to know send me a pm) to have my sks cleaned, have the rear sight removed and have a ak style mag catch installed,

now there was a 3 and a half week backlog (which should have been a red flag but i just shrugged it off as i was not in a hurry) and so i waited and waited and this past weekend i got the call that my rifle was ready and to come pick it up, so i headed out saturday to get it, i get there, give them my paperwork and at this point the place was getting very busy so i just got my rifle put it in the case and paid my 100 dollars for the work done 

i got home and was worried that the gas tube and piston was not cleaned as that was the worst part, but before i even took it off i was checking everything else and as you can see in the picture below thats from just the magazine well and the gastube and piston was even worse, basically it seems the rifle was not cleaned at all and i dont think it was even taken out of the stock

so my question is, when i go back tonight should i ask for a refund, partial refund, free cleaning etc etc or maybe am i at fault cause i didnt say something like deep cleaning or something, i have never had work done to any of my firearms so i dont know how to handle this, good and bad advice is welcome thanks all

IMG_0421.jpg

Edited by luke9511

I have never had a gun cleaned by a gun store but I kind of doubt they are going to go to the trouble of breaking down the gas system of an AK and cleaning all that filth out.  I would imagine dragging a bore snake through the barrel a couple of times is the service they provide.  Unless of course, they promised something different.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I have never had a gun cleaned by a gun store but I kind of doubt they are going to go to the trouble of breaking down the gas system of an AK and cleaning all that filth out.  I would imagine dragging a bore snake through the barrel a couple of times is the service they provide.  Unless of course, they promised something different.

This is what I was thinking. Did you define "clean"?  Is there anything written to the effect of "full detailed strip and clean"?  

48 minutes ago, peejman said:

This is what I was thinking. Did you define "clean"?  Is there anything written to the effect of "full detailed strip and clean"?  

They didn’t ask or say if there was a difference, I have an update I talked to the gunsmith who was real nice and everything and he explained what he did and he said the barrel was really dirty and that it took a long time to clean and he asked me what was wrong and I mentioned the gas tube and piston, I didn’t get the chance to say about other areas that were dirty but that’s okay for now, anyway he took it to the back and cleaned it and drilled the smaller port open as apparently in the past the piston some how got bent and was getting stick in the tube, he also didn’t charge me anything for this and before I left I bought a ammo can and a patch and off topic but when I got there and on my way in I think I saw a member of tgo as he had one of those fancy cups with the tgo logo on it

• Like 1