New NRA president - Lt Col Oliver North

4 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Suits me fine as far as I know.

Actually, they could have got a Democrat in an effort to be inclusive and all. 

Lighten up, SWCUMBERLAND. It was a joke. I HATE Democrats

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I'm good with this

Me too.  Ollie's conviction was reversed and dismissed on appeal, so when the Left starts squawking about the new NRA prez being a convicted felon, well, surprise!!!!!!    They're full of BS!

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I just read the Lt Col once favored an assault weapon ban. Interesting comments on Waco too...

https://m.imgur.com/cfRHThS

Towards the bottom. Apparently  announced this on Larry King back in 94.I don't know much about the man but he's catching some grief from gun rights people on other websites.

Capture+_2018-05-10-21-03-47.png

Be careful Erik, you might be the next for a thumbs down.  

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I just read the Lt Col once favored an assault weapon ban. Interesting comments on Waco too...

Towards the bottom. Apparently  announced this on Larry King back in 94.I don't know much about the man but he's catching some grief from gun rights people on other websites.

Well that's not good. Sending this to my friends for comment. Will be interesting to hear their response. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

His support for an AWB pales in comparison to his support of the ATF actions at Waco. Damn. Just damn. 

• Like 1

The rabbit hole gets deeper if you read about his role in the Iran-Contra deal in which he helped facilitate the sale and subsequent cover up of guns to Iran.

I didn't realize he was found guilty of 3 felonies. 

The scandal was compounded when Oliver North destroyed or hid pertinent documents between November 21 and November 25, 1986. During North's trial in 1989, his secretary, Fawn Hall, testified extensively about helping North alter, shred, and remove official United States National Security Council (NSC) documents from the White House. According to the New York Times, enough documents were put into a government shredder to jam it.[51] North's explanation for destroying some documents was to protect the lives of individuals involved in Iran and Contra operations.[51] It was not until 1993, years after the trial, that North's notebooks were made public, and only after the National Security Archive and Public Citizen sued the Office of the Independent Counsel under the Freedom of Information Act.[51]

Oliver North and John Poindexter were indicted on multiple charges on March 16, 1988.[108] North, indicted on 16 counts, was found guilty by a jury of three felony counts. The convictions were vacated on appeal on the grounds that North's Fifth Amendment rights may have been violated by the indirect use of his testimony to Congress, which had been given under a grant of immunity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

Oliver North and John Poindexter were indicted on multiple charges on March 16, 1988.[108] North, indicted on 16 counts, was found guilty by a jury of three felony counts. The convictions were vacated on appeal on the grounds that North's Fifth Amendment rights may have been violated by the indirect use of his testimony to Congress, which had been given under a grant of immunity.

Underlining and bolding mine.

Changes do occur over time, people. Everyone seems to forget that.

Reagen, at one time, was a Democrat.

I mean, look. I know damned well I am not going to change anyone's mind in this august forum. But it would be nice to have a moment to sit down and think, before pulling a Bork or a Stormy Daniels on a decorated and blooded Marine.

And if you have a notion as to an alternative, how 'bout we hear it?

SWC

North will be just another name in a list of Names for the NRA. I think he will do the job ok. I promise you he will not be another Charlton Heston and if they could find someone like that again I would be much more supportive. If they would have really wanted to piss the left off they should have ask Ted Nugent to take the position.

PO'ing liberals... when PO'ed, one tends to make mistakes. Put. Lt. Col West up in there, he's already on the Board of Directors.                                                                                                                                                                                   

I have little doubt if the anti-gunners and the left  push a few of Ollies buttons he will react and the reaction wil not be in favor of the lefty's. He was a Marine in our military and like they like to say, "Once a Marine always a Marine !"

North was elected president of the NRA, not the country.  Most people, myself included, don’t even know what that position means.  LaPierre runs the outfit with Chris Cox.

The angst over what liberals think is really unfounded, they will persecute the NRA for curing cancer and have far more interest in how Trump is destroying civilization.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

About all the NRA President does is put a face on the organization and get people ginned up at rallies. Wayne LaPierre still calls the shots. There have been some big shoes to fill since Charleston Heston, none of them have been able to measure up to him since.

I would have liked to see R Lee Ermey to have held the office before he passed.

• Like 1