TGO Newsletter

• Authorized Vendor

I enjoyed the May newsletter and can see where it will be even better in the future.

Can you explain a bit more about the sponsorship aspect as to who can do it, cost and any other pertinent info? Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Thanks for the kind words.  My wife did all of the research and put that newsletter together after hearing my lament, one too many times, that I really needed to do a newsletter for TGO.

She'll be happy to hear that it was well received.  :)

• Like 4

I too enjoyed reading some good news.

I have been active in 4-H shooting sports for almost 10 years.  My daughter as well was very active in youth shooting sports and a youth leader at Target Smart Camp a few years ago before she all growed up and went off to college.  Thanks for the plug!

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

@TGO David not sure why I didn't receive it. I looked at settings on my account. Can you see if I missed something? Would love to get a link to read it.

I'll paste a copy of it here, if I can. You might also check your spam folder.

I sent it to anyone who'd logged into the site in the past two years.

• Administrator

Tennessee Gun Owners Newsletter
May, 2018

This issue sponsored by The Shooters Nation Podcast.

BannerAd_720x90.jpg.0fdad3be8c70eea79971

Legislative Updates...

HB2550 Requires Board of Education to Develop Firearms Education Course

Tennessee had a huge second amendment win in April that got very little mainstream news coverage. On May 3rd Governor Haslam signed HB2550 into law. This bill requires the State Board of Education to develop a firearms education course as an elective for high school students. The course will include history, mathematics and the science related to firearms along with firearms safety.  Representative Dawn White from Murfreesboro and Senator Dolores Gresham with District 26 in Mid-West Tennessee sponsored this bill.

This is great news for Tennessee High School students who will soon have the opportunity to choose to learn more about the mechanics behind firearms and proper safety techniques as part of their curriculum. We hope the demand for this class will encourage our lawmakers to expand this bill to include firearms education and safety to our middle schools and even elementary schools. Safety education saves lives.

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=HB2550

HB2370 Allows Option for Concealed Carry For Posted Locations

On April 24th Governor Haslam signed HB2370 into law. This new law allows Tennessee business owners, individuals and even government entities to allow the concealed carry of handguns by handgun carry permit holders only while still prohibiting other weapons and open carry. Representative James VanHuss and Senator Rusty Crowe from the Johnson City area sponsored the bill.

If you have any friends that are business owners in Tennessee it would be a great time to let them know about this new law that would allow them to support the second amendment. This legislation is especially helpful for franchise owners who might feel pressure from corporate offices to keep their properties posted.

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/default.aspx?BillNumber=HB2370&GA=110

In the News...

Vehicle Thefts Leading to Kidnapping Cases

There have been two recent cases of cars being stolen with children in the backseat in the Nashville area. Thankfully in these cases all of the children were found safe and unharmed but as we know from other incidents that is not always the case. Stay alert out there and be sure to take your keys with you when leaving your vehicle. Running vehicles are an easy target and so far no arrests have been made in these cases.  

http://fox17.com/news/local/search-for-suspects-ongoing-after-two-nashville-cases-of-vehicles-stolen-with-kids-inside

Kids Summer Camp Opportunity:

If you have a 5th-9th grade student interested in shooting sports and looking for summer activities Tennessee Shooting Sports teams up with the UT Extension 4-H program to present Target Smart Camp every summer. This is a long weekend overnight camp at the W.P. Ridley 4-H Center in Columbia, TN. Kids get to choose a focus for the weekend from archery, hunting, Rifle/BB, Shotgun or Muzzleloader. This is a great opportunity for your kids to get some range time with a qualified instructor and increase their knowledge and skill with firearms.

https://4h.tennessee.edu/forms/acrobat/targetsmart18.pdf

From Our Sponsor...

This first edition of the TNGunowners monthly newsletter is sponsored by the Shooter’s Nation Podcast. If you want to receive notifications of new episodes and exclusive live events sign up for the Shooter’s Nation email list.

We have exciting episodes coming up soon including highlights from the NRA convention, medical skills, NFA items, women’s issues and experienced firearms trainers and industry experts talking about various subjects they are passionate about.

Parting Shots...

Thanks for reading out first newsletter!  We're working on improving the layout and design, but we firmly believe in the idea that "perfect is the enemy of good" and really wanted to get this out to you rather than delay any longer.

If you would like to sponsor a future newsletter contact us for more info. We can help you get your advertisement directly to your target audience and promote your shop, service or event.

If you have an idea for an article, something you would like to see in future editions or a newsworthy story you would like to share contact us at news@tngunowners.com.

Our goal is to make a product that you look forward to receiving every month with news and information that is relevant to your life and the best way for us to do that is to hear directly from you.

On 5/8/2018 at 4:24 AM, Grand Torino said:

I enjoyed the May newsletter and can see where it will be even better in the future.

Can you explain a bit more about the sponsorship aspect as to who can do it, cost and any other pertinent info? Thanks!

Thank you. I will send you a message about sponsorship opportunities. 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:52 AM, MP5_Rizzo said:

I too enjoyed reading some good news.

I have been active in 4-H shooting sports for almost 10 years.  My daughter as well was very active in youth shooting sports and a youth leader at Target Smart Camp a few years ago before she all growed up and went off to college.  Thanks for the plug!

Thank you. I hope to include some information on activities for your children in shooting/hunting/outdoors activities each month. I think it's very important to teach our children about responsible firearms ownership and include them in our hobbies in general.

If you have any suggestions or activities that I might include in future months I'd love to hear them.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed reading it and how informative it was and look forward to the next one. Great work and well done. Give her a thank you from me for her hard work doing all the research that I would have other wise never knew about..............A big Thumbs up for sure. 

• Like 1