Guns N More In Smyrna

• Admin Team
51 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

What would it teach them; don’t do it? :)

Probably.

It reminds me of that old riddle, "How do you make a little money in the gun business?" Answer: start with a lot of money.

Running a business is really hard. Running a brick and mortar retail front is really hard. In the gun business you're doing that in a regulatory environment that would just assume you not exist. Add in rapidly depreciating inventory, customers who just come in to showroom and then order online, physical security, etc. and you've got an almost impossible hill to climb.

The likelihood of you blowing your life savings is probably high. The probability of you coming to hate everything about the industry is probably even higher.

It seems like there ought to be someone telling you this stuff up front - or maybe there is and people just don't listen.

• Like 1

A few years ago a dealer friend of mine got hooked up with a new small company that made supressors and AOW shotguns among other things. They gave him great prices as they were trying to make a name for themselves. I bought one of their .22 suppressors at a very good price and it works fine. Then one day, they just disappeared. My friend had an order for about $2000 in with them. To this day he has no idea where they went and has never received the merchandise or a refund. ATF was no help either.  

10 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

A few years ago a dealer friend of mine got hooked up with a new small company that made supressors and AOW shotguns among other things. They gave him great prices as they were trying to make a name for themselves. I bought one of their .22 suppressors at a very good price and it works fine. Then one day, they just disappeared. My friend had an order for about $2000 in with them. To this day he has no idea where they went and has never received the merchandise or a refund. ATF was no help either.  

Man that’s messed up!!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Cazelle24 said:

We met up with the guy and I was able to get one of my suppressors the other one still waiting, but at least the owner held his end of the transaction up. Granted we had to search tooth and nail for him.

How were you finally able to locate and contact him?   That information might be helpful for others in a similar situation.

• Administrator
On 6/1/2018 at 9:26 AM, Cazelle24 said:

I had a member PM his phone number, if anyone here needs it please PM me.

While I do hope you stay with us, members do come and go.  Please send a PM to me with the number so that I can sit on it in case others have similar problems and we aren't able to reach you.

• Like 6

Well at least this gives me some finality to my issue with Guns N More.  I "won" their Logo Contest they held in the classifieds a year or two ago.  Supposed to have received a stripped lower and a 22lr rifle for the winning logo.  They actually decided to pick 2 of the logos I sent.  One for their lower and another for general merchandise and letterheads I believe.  Communication was pretty decent for a while.  They kept telling me they were waiting for approval to manufacture and then they just fell off the deep end.  Sure sucks.  At least I don't have to worry any longer about them using my intellectual property since they are out of business.  

10 hours ago, TGO David said:

Were you able to get in touch with them?

Not yet. Im going to give it more effort starting Monday. I just figured out my best avenue this weekend, seems that form 3ing it to on target may be the easiest/best way to go.