Kent State Grad on campus carry

Good for her.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/17/kent-state-graduates-gun-photo-goes-viral-fox-friends-interview

A recent Kent State University graduate is going viral for taking aim at her school’s gun policies in a photo shoot on campus where she carried an AR-10 and a graduation cap that said, “Come and take it.”

Kaitlin Bennett, 22, posed in front of the Kent Student Center to draw attention to the "insulting" gun policies on campus that allow guests to open carry, but not students.

Now that I graduated from Kent State, I can finally arm myself on campus. I should have been able to do so as a student- especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus.

I have no apologies for my graduation photos. As a woman, I refuse to be a victim & the second amendment ensures that I don't have to be.

"If guests can arm themselves and protect themselves, I should be able to as well," Bennett said on "Fox & Friends."

• Like 4
On 5/21/2018 at 9:59 AM, SWCUMBERLAND said:

And she's apparently gotten death threats for her stance. How brave the left is... not.

And the Parkland students have received death threats from the right. Both sides have their share of horrible people. 

• Like 2
On 5/21/2018 at 8:59 AM, SWCUMBERLAND said:

And she's apparently gotten death threats for her stance. How brave the left is... not.

My only criticism is the rig she was wearing. Is it just being some distracted, or shouldn't it be faced magazine pointed left?

SWC

Is she left or right handed? It is a personal choice kind of thing I would think. Either way points out her message quite clearly.

10 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Right, left or center, anyone making death threats should go to prison. They only do it because they think they can get away with it. They need to be shown how wrong they are.

That is another issue that is in baad need of a fix! Selective enforcement of laws! Had that been the other way we would already be reading about the arrests. As it came from left extremists it will not have any issue. Has anyone heard of Rosie getting her due over the illegal contributions? Of course not. Again, protected class. 

I agree that we need to get tough on crime and illegal activities again. We have had decades of liberal ideas on how to do things and we are where? Time for a different approach!

We need a law and order approach. I see this morning that someone was proposing stiffer punishment for killing Police Officers. I find it ridiculous that a politician or anyone else thinks killing a Police Officer, Teacher, Old Person or a minority is somehow more of a “hate” crime than killing a convenience store clerk or a citizen in a robbery, or killing a family member or neighbor in an act of violence.

My fix for this is very simple; you threaten someone with a deadly weapon and you do a minimum of 10 years in prison, use that weapon on them (whether they die or not) and you never get out. If there was ever a crime that deserved mandatory sentencing it’s trying to kill someone.

25 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

We need a law and order approach. I see this morning that someone was proposing stiffer punishment for killing Police Officers. I find it ridiculous that a politician or anyone else thinks killing a Police Officer, Teacher, Old Person or a minority is somehow more of a “hate” crime than killing a convenience store clerk or a citizen in a robbery, or killing a family member or neighbor in an act of violence.

My fix for this is very simple; you threaten someone with a deadly weapon and you do a minimum of 10 years in prison, use that weapon on them (whether they die or not) and you never get out. If there was ever a crime that deserved mandatory sentencing it’s trying to kill someone.

Is killing someone not the epitome of a "Hate Crime"? Where did the country go wrong on that entire issue? Enough of protected classes, violence is violence regardless of the victim or criminal. Start hanging killers quickly again and see how fast some of this stops. Of course there are arguments about abuse of the legal system so the convicted may actually be innocent. Start with the folks caught on tape or that have admitted their crimes. Look at the school shooters! Whay are they still alive? Is there any question they are guilty? Nope! Then out back they go and they get shot or hung that day! That is a deterrent!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DaveTN said:

If there was ever a crime that deserved mandatory sentencing it’s trying to kill someone.

Never have I understood why murder, and attempted murder, are treated so differently in the eyes of the law.  The intent is the exact same in both cases, but it seems we grade on a curve when it comes to sentencing based on the skill of the criminal.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, btq96r said:

Never have I understood why murder, and attempted murder, are treated so differently in the eyes of the law.  The intent is the exact same in both cases, but it seems we grade on a curve when it comes to sentencing based on the skill of the criminal.

There is the problem. Grading. Why? It should be binary, yes guilty, no, not guilty, sentence should be fast and harsh. Kill someone you die, period, try to kill someone you die, we are no longer rewarding incompetence. 

Perhaps the criminals would think twice if they knew the punishments was not only harsh but actually going to be carried out quickly. Not after 20 to 30 years of appeals. 

Perhaps not as they are criminals after all. 

Edited by n0rlf
Dang auto correct got me!

I agree, some victims are so messed up that they don't die for some time, and those that survive are never the same again.  Maybe if there was never any act, such as when police do a sting on those trying to hire a hitman, but when you, or someone for you,  physically try, it should be game over.

I’ve never understood the thinking behind it either. Two different criminals go to two different stores and commit an armed robbery; they both shoot the clerk. One clerk dies and one doesn’t. One criminal gets less time. Why? The intent was the same. I don’t care that the shooter didn’t have daddy in his life, I don’t care that he was raised in a bad environment, and I don’t care that he was a minor. And I doubt that the victims care either. Violent criminals should never be able to walk free again.

Our laws need to change.

Many I have had the honor of knowing in a half-century have made it clear: Come at me or mine with intent to kill, and you will be treated the same. Killing in self-defense or in defense of family should not fall under murder. An ex-prison guard I served with told me that what 'easy' time there was behind bars generally went to those who killed only in defense.

Back to our decorative AR-10 toter, though... for all the threats she's garnered, I wouldn't doubt that she has got more than a few praises and maybe an offer of matrimony or two. I'd not be surprised, if she were not an NRA member, that she had offers of membership. ILA needs to keep tabs on such a good sharp mind, too.

Ah, to be 30 years younger than I am now... but with all the experience of my 56 years.

SWC

3 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Many I have had the honor of knowing in a half-century have made it clear: Come at me or mine with intent to kill, and you will be treated the same. Killing in self-defense or in defense of family should not fall under murder. An ex-prison guard I served with told me that what 'easy' time there was behind bars generally went to those who killed only in defense.

I don’t think anyone is implying that those who kill in self-defense go to prison; I’m certainly not.

If they are in prison they couldn’t convince a DA, Judge or jury they were acting in self-defense.