USP9 or MK25

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to be a range only gun?  I carry a USP "Compact" 45 and its about as big as can reasonably be concealed...I think either the full size USP even in 9mm or the MK25 are more nightstand/range toys.

Having said that I have had nothing but absolute reliability out of my Sig's and HK's...the USP is going to be slightly lighter...either of those will be tough to resell later without taking a loss if you buy new...I would recommend you definitely hunt down used.  I do however think there are much better more modern options in 9mm...for the USP I would definitely go with the VP9 instead and for the Sig I would go with a non MK25 variation as the MK25 is quite overpriced for what you get in my humble opinion.

or you could just go with a cz sp01 if weight wasnt an issue,if it is then sp01 tactical then you get the polymer frame.which sells new for what those other 2 are used if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by cz75b

I'm a big fan of both H&K & SIG, but if you're going to consider carry at all, I would highly suggest looking at a SIG P229 over the MK25 or a USP Compact over the full size. If just want a range toy then I suggest trying them out if possible & choose the one that feels best. All of these are exceptional quality.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:02 PM, cz75b said:

or you could just go with a cz sp01 if weight wasnt an issue,if it is then sp01 tactical then you get the polymer frame.which sells new for what those other 2 are used if i'm not mistaken.

The SP-01 Tactical is the decocker version of the SP-01, and has a metal frame. 

The polymer framed version is the SP-01 Phantom