I have a 1944 Izhevsk Arsenal version. They are a hoot! Its especially fun to hand it to someone who doesn't know them and watch their face as the struggle with that 20 pound trigger pull. :devil:

Mine was actually a Christmas present from a friend many years ago. It came with a holster, lanyard, screw driver and cleaning rod. This was back when they were first being imported into this country (late 80s?) and were dirt cheap. I doubt he paid more than $75 for the whole package. Also at that time, 7.62 Nagant ammo was rare and expensive. So some smart guy started making and selling .32acp cylinders for them that dropped right in. I have one those too. IIRC it cost me about $25 including shipping. Now that the supply is drying up, the few that I see are priced at waaaaay more. Often at $400 or more. :eek:

I very reluctantly put it up for sale not long ago because I was in need of money to fix my truck. I got a few lowball offers and some interested buyers who wanted me to ship it to them on my dime. But it didn't sell and frankly, I'm kinda glad it didn't. I like the oddball thing! :up: After looking at yours and seeing how pleased you are,  I've decided to keep it. :D

eIviRuN.jpg

• Like 2

In addition to the 7.62mm Nagant ammunition, I have fired .32S&W, .32-20, and .32 H&R mag in my Nagants.  If you use those other rounds, it's best to use jacketed bullets to prevent lead from building up in the barrel recess.  I use .32 H&R mag a lot as it's a very effective little cartridge.  The cases bulge out a bit on firing.  But they resize just fine and I've reloaded cases four times so far without seeing any splits.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Nice one, Luke.  These have become a good bit more pricey recently.

tell me about it, i wish i would have gotten one when they were under 100 but 250 is not bad and a big thanks to G&L for a easy and quick and pleasant purchase!

Edited by luke9511
8 hours ago, luke9511 said:

tell me about it, i wish i would have gotten one when they were under 100 but 250 is not bad and a big thanks to G&L for a easy and quick and pleasant purchase!

That's under the current market now.  Try pricing one from the imperial era, even a refurb, if you want real sticker shock ...