Sparta gun show score

9 minutes ago, bucnball said:

So Enlighten me ! What is a 22/32 ? Is it a 22 LR on a 32 (Long) frame ? Cannot tell if it is a Smith/Colt revolver ..

Basically, yes.  Built on the old S&W “I” frame if I’m not mistaken.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bucnball said:

So Enlighten me ! What is a 22/32 ? Is it a 22 LR on a 32 (Long) frame ? Cannot tell if it is a Smith/Colt revolver ..

It is the longer barrel precursor to the Smith and Wesson kit gun. An I frame 22 long rifle with a 6" barrel and adjustable sights. The earliest of these were commonly referred to as the Bekaert model, as a gun store owner in California suggested this model be produced. Later, the kit guns were produced. They were essentially the same gun, but with a 2 or 4" barrel instead of the 6".

"Heavy frame" is a bit of a misnomer, as the I frame was a dainty little thing, but the largest 22 they produced at the time. It was beefier than the rarely seen M frame, also known as the "Lady Smith".

2 hours ago, n0rlf said:

How was the show otherwise?

Pretty good. The parking is screwed up. Where I'm used to parking is now fenced off, and they're building a new school there. Not much in the way of air conditioning in the building either, but quite a bit of interesting stuff; especially older stuff.

9 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Late 20's as far as I can tell. Serial number is 444xxx if anyone has a means to narrow it down further.

The Standard Catalog isn’t much help.  Numbers range from 160000-536584 between 1911 and 1941 with 1923 numbers reaching 384xxx.  You might be right.  Those fellas on the S&W forum (the blue one) might be able to narrow it down.

• Like 1