Photobucket is back

I just learned of this as well.

When Photobucket pulled this stunt, I moved the overwhelming majority of my photos to Imgur and I'm much better off for it!

Imgur is much easier to post/attach from and isn't inundated with annoying popup ads and other Photobucket BS.

I would imagine the direction PB went cost them quite a few users. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yeah, I’m gonna say this falls under the category of “too little, too late”. I mean, who’s to say they won’t pull this sort of stunt again at a later date?

I feel the same way. I am in quite a few other forums including off road forums. And most of the how-to posts for tips and repairs as well as off reading trips were all ruined, just a bunch of blank spaces where years and years worth of informative pics used to be. I was less worried about my stuff missing as I was the posts that helped me fix problems I was having and I’m sure I wasn’t the only person who could use the knowledge. I hoped the move would bite PB in the rear and I assume it did since they changed back. But like you say, who’s to say they won’t do it again after realizing they’re not getting back all the users they lost.  I haven’t used Imgur yet but need to give it a try. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, rugerla1 said:

I feel the same way. I am in quite a few other forums including off road forums. And most of the how-to posts for tips and repairs as well as off reading trips were all ruined, just a bunch of blank spaces where years and years worth of informative pics used to be. I was less worried about my stuff missing as I was the posts that helped me fix problems I was having and I’m sure I wasn’t the only person who could use the knowledge. I hoped the move would bite PB in the rear and I assume it did since they changed back. But like you say, who’s to say they won’t do it again after realizing they’re not getting back all the users they lost.  I haven’t used Imgur yet but need to give it a try. 

The knowledge lost is probably the most frustrating aspect of PB's BS for me.

Heck, a huge number of us learned the finer point of powder coating bullets here on TGO from the incredible photo pictorials that were posted. Those were phenomenal! 

• Like 1

I managed to extract my few pics from the bucket with little fuss, and have them on a stick here. Being of an untrusting nature, save for Murphy being able to put his hand on things, any imagery I value is in multiple places.

The bucket will sell out eventually. I give it another 5 years, tops. Tough for them, but pulling ambushes on your users like that, you tend to have that coming.

SWC

1 hour ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

I managed to extract my few pics from the bucket with little fuss, and have them on a stick here. Being of an untrusting nature, save for Murphy being able to put his hand on things, any imagery I value is in multiple places.

The bucket will sell out eventually. I give it another 5 years, tops. Tough for them, but pulling ambushes on your users like that, you tend to have that coming.

SWC

Yep. They deserve what they get. My stuff is still out there. Just checked.

6 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Done burnt that bridge. No going back for me. :grouchy:

I will finish going thru my stuff, and getting backups of the few things I don't have stashed anywhere else. I haven't linked to their site since the FU email. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I wasn't trying to promote the site, just passing along information.

I certainly didn't think that you were promoting them. I doubt anyone else did either.

I appreciate the head's up, as I may still have a few photos there, but was simply unwilling to dig through their popups and ads to retrieve them.

Edited by prag
thoughts... ;)
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I wasn't trying to promote the site, just passing along information.

I agree with Prag. I don’t think anyone thought you were promoting them at all. I just think there’s still a lot of bitterness over the downstream effects of their decision to commit suicide. 

You’d have to come up in here and say “Hillary is running again in 2020!” to get as visceral of a reaction. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Chucktshoes said:

You’d have to come up in here and say “Hillary is running again in 2020!” to get as visceral of a reaction. :lol:

Speaking of suicide. It would be hard for the Dems to kill themselves off faster than they are right now... except for that.

• Haha 1