My Mexico EDC

Zebra, another model pen, and sharpie - for writing and other things..

Handcuff keys - high kidnapping rate in Mexico

Small and large flashlights

Tourniquet

FAK ?

"Bottle opener"

Dental Floss - traditional use, repairs, cordage

Neck knife 

Lighter

Duct tape around a card

Wallet with cash and cards

Secondary wallet for more important cards and such. Lets you hand off some cash and misc useless cards to a mugger without losing your real items and larger stash of cash.

Cigars - for social and be friending. Also can be used as a deversion in the hand if needing to off balance someone and draw them in closer.  If distance or longer range options not at hand. A real last ditch effort.

Or maybe I am analyzing it too much. Lol

Mojo - Tuff Writer - love it. 

Ronald 55- mostly right but that’s not dental floss. Take another guess on it. 

And the “ neck knife” is something specific for a specific reason. Also you might think of it in combo with the “bottle opener”. 

Boom.

Also Victorinox fruit knife as is currently popular. Cheap, disposable, and more explainable than other things. I've made a couple various sheaths for them, scary sharp little things. 

Edited by gjohnsoniv

Ok the knife is a Victorinox fruit knife. You can buy em where they sell kitchen supplies for about 8 dollars.  It’s not the “Captain Killemall Combat Classic with Skull Crusher and Sawback” it is a simple knife that people use to cut fruit ....like limes . Or cigars ....

That combined with the “bottle opener” which is actually the Suarez Heretic and with a little bit of thought on your backstory and you can sell the “ bartender backstory” as to why you would have a knife like that and a bottle opener on your person and not necessarily be a threat if questioned.

Also helps to have another $50 US in your pocket to “ pay fines on the spot “ if you run into any entanglements with the local constabulary. It’s a different world down there. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

Ok here’s my official answers.....

CAT Tourniquet and Trauma Dressing , Duct Tape and Sharpie for wound care. (First aid kits are good to have in case of emergency) 

Kevlar thread  for cutting zip ties/flex cuffs/tape / etc if I can't just break them (loose string in your pockets doesn't raise an eyebrow)

Metal bodied pens which tend to not break (I might need to write something down like directions )

Bottle opener ( For Corona and Cokes and Fanta) This and the fruit knife are an easier thing to explain if you can sell a backstory of being a bartender. 

$6 Fruit knife (cortar Limas por mi Corona y Modelo o pelar manzanas, etc)

Easily found Decoy Wallet full of $1s and pesos worth about $10, expired/compromised and cancelled credit cards, used gas cards.

Real wallet better hidden

Small streamlight micro stream and Surefire 6P. (It might be dark somewhere I go)

lighter (to light the Cohibas I might offer to new "friends")

Cuff keys well hidden (just in case......)

Also not seen in the pic is about $50 in USD to grease the wheels of justice and "pay fines on the spot" in case I encounter any entanglements with the local constabulary....

Precisely why I have no desire to go south of the border. Good kit.

I recently had to fly on a last minute work trip. I had little time or transportation while there. So I threw some paracord, electrical tape (small and explainable by my job), a small pen light, a carabiner (secondary use like the bottle opener) and a sturdy pen in my  bag. 

Once there I did have dinner free the 1st night. I had a fantastic prime rib washed down with a Drafty Kilt Ale...or 2...in the hotel resturaunt. On the way out I might have palmed my steak knife. Back in the room, I made a makeshift sheath from paperboard and electrical tape. That rode nicely in my sock for the rest of the days. At the end, I tossed the sheath and left the knife in my room as seemingly a room service forgotten item.

RXW3xzW.jpg

glrZ6Pr.jpg

Now I know this was far from ideal, but it got me a option. 

• Like 1