XDs Gunsmith or "Mechanic" needed

leroy

Brothers n Sisters...

I've got a 45ACP XDs that i like alot... About the right size, width, n weight... The problem is that the trigger pull is miserable...

I need some recommendations on someone in the east tennessee area that might work on this beastie...

Thanks a bunch...

leroy

Leroy, didn't they have a recall on the XDs? 

I can only offer that I have two 45 XD full size and stock, they have a better trigger than my 1911's, damn close at least. 

You are more than welcome to meet up and try mine to compare. 

I don't have any smiths locally that I'd reccomend but you could always return it to Springfield for warranty work. 

17 hours ago, Ugly said:

Leroy, didn't they have a recall on the XDs? 

I can only offer that I have two 45 XD full size and stock, they have a better trigger than my 1911's, damn close at least. 

You are more than welcome to meet up and try mine to compare. 

I don't have any smiths locally that I'd reccomend but you could always return it to Springfield for warranty work. 

Thanks UG... I appreciate it greatly... This particular one has been thru the recall... I'm beginning ta think it's time to take it down and see what's goin on... I haven't disassembled it yet, and im anticipating the worse... Im kinda like you, ive never heard much bad about them...

Thanks again,

leroy...

17 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

They make trigger kits. My 9mm XDM is stunning. 

Thanks alley...

I appreciate it greatly... Been lookin at these too... This is the "Plan B" option... Been watchin the videos... They look a bit more complicated than a Glock...

Like UG said, most folks don't find much not to like with the XD trigger... This particular one is long and stacks up pretty hard toward the end... It could be that it needs a good cleanin and inspection... We'll take her down and see what we find maybe here in a day or two...

Thanks again...

leroy...

16 hours ago, mikegideon said:

The correct answer! Leroy is mechanically inclined :) 

Thanks Mike...

Here's hopin we dont have ta find out on this little beastie... 

Thanks again for the great vote of confidence...

leroy...

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Thanks alley...

I appreciate it greatly... Been lookin at these too... This is the "Plan B" option... Been watchin the videos... They look a bit more complicated than a Glock...

Like UG said, most folks don't find much not to like with the XD trigger... This particular one is long and stacks up pretty hard toward the end... It could be that it needs a good cleanin and inspection... We'll take her down and see what we find maybe here in a day or two...

Thanks again...

leroy...

I have only mashed two XD triggers. but both were great. It was years ago. Never heard anybody complain about one

• Like 1

Did a bit of cleanin here a few minutes ago... Things are definitely better now... I flushed everything in the slide and in the trigger group with a bit of Ronsonol (...that's right... lighter fluid... It is a great cleaner for oily or gummy parts... Learned the trick from a photographer buddy...) and a bit of Blue Lube, then a few drops of Tuff Glide... 

leroy...

• Like 2