Well it can happen to the best of 'us'.....ND

This is why I don't like having a real gun pointed at me at any time, even if it's been "checked" by someone near by. I took a class a few years ago where the instructor was pointing his semi auto at us as part of his demonstration. I'm not down with that. If it's not a blue gun, it shouldn't be pointed my direction. Props to Mas for owning up to this mistake and allowing it to be a teachable moment for the rest of us. 

• Like 1

I agree, pointing a gun at anyone is simply RUDE !  I see it all the time at gun stores.  I couldn't sell guns.  Potential customer takes gun from salesperson and immediately and negligently points it at clerk and others in store.  I would simply grab the gun back and say you are too stupid to buy a gun.  I am uncomfortable pointing a blue gun at myself let alone others.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Erik88 said:

This is why I don't like having a real gun pointed at me at any time, even if it's been "checked" by someone near by. I took a class a few years ago where the instructor was pointing his semi auto at us as part of his demonstration. I'm not down with that. If it's not a blue gun, it shouldn't be pointed my direction. Props to Mas for owning up to this mistake and allowing it to be a teachable moment for the rest of us. 

I am the same way. I will not so politely ask that it stop immediately or if I am close enough immediately move it away. 

Larry Vickers had a recent article on this.  Notes that many simply ignore the basic rule of 'never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy' once a weapon has been cleared.  This can create a bad, cavalier attitude with deadly results.  

On 5/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, Erik88 said:

I don't suppose you want to share the name of the instructor? 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:28 AM, chances R said:

I agree, pointing a gun at anyone is simply RUDE !  I see it all the time at gun stores.  I couldn't sell guns.  Potential customer takes gun from salesperson and immediately and negligently points it at clerk and others in store.  I would simply grab the gun back and say you are too stupid to buy a gun.  I am uncomfortable pointing a blue gun at myself let alone others.

I sale guns part time and get my display guns pointed at me all the time, does not bother me. It's empty and has a trigger lock on it. Now you pull a gun out of you purse or pocket we got problems, and yes it does happen.