Selling guns without hustle

I'm looking to sell three of my firearms. I do not necessarily want to get top dollar for my sale, but would want to dispose of them in a 'appropriate' manner. Meaning all the paperwork should be provided to me by the purchaser etc. I'm not much for haggling so the party should offer me fair price. To that end I think it would be easier not to deal with a person-to-person sale, but rather go to pawn shop or similar. 

Can anyone advise on which route would be more appropriate to me in this situation? Big box store/pawn shop? Any specific places that you can recommend in South East TN?

thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Buy a membership and post them in the guns for sale forum here. A pawn shop will rip you off.

There is no paperwork required for a person to person sale within the state.

This is good advice. Some folks do prefer an HCP holder, but that's just a preference.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Buy a membership and post them in the guns for sale forum here. A pawn shop will rip you off.

There is no paperwork required for a person to person sale within the state.

I understand paperwork is not required but to CYA I'd like a bill of sale etc...on the off-chance that my firearms should fall into bad hands.

1 hour ago, pgb205 said:

I understand paperwork is not required but to CYA I'd like a bill of sale etc...on the off-chance that my firearms should fall into bad hands.

Then ask for one in your for sale ad. Post quality pictures and an accurate description, and if it is priced fairly, some good member here will be along shortly to pick it up. I've met some really great folks here buying, selling, and trading.

• Like 2

Ditto on everything already said. Any business is not going to give you what they are worth, they need to make money too. Even the best most fair shop is still only going to give you about 75% what you can get from a FTF. 

33 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Are we talking fine collectibles, or run of the mill Wal Mart specials here?

Whadda ya got?

Inquiring minds want to know (and a legimate buyer will provide proof of identity / address and sign a BoS if required / requested)

Edited by Gotthegoods

I would encourage you to set the price rather than wait for offers.  You can go to Gun Broker, Guns International and similar sites.  Look for sales that have closed and see what the price was.  I know that Gun Broker has filters that will allow you to do that.  

• Like 2
  • Moderators
54 minutes ago, pgb205 said:

I have smith and wesson MP 2.0 full size with around 200 rounds through it

LCP II with 400+ rounds

Mossberg 930 with around 30 rounds.

If you sign up as a benefactor and list them in the trading post I doubt you’ll have much trouble moving them. Especially if you price them reasonably. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, pgb205 said:

I have smith and wesson MP 2.0 full size with around 200 rounds through it

LCP II with 400+ rounds

Mossberg 930 with around 30 rounds.

That's $700-$800 if you sell here. A pawn shop or gun store will offer you $300. Your call.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1